Action Thread 5

Solinor
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: Action Thread 5

#41 Post by Solinor »

Everything seems well in hand so Wulfgard will look behind making sure no one is trying to sneak up on us.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#42 Post by tkrexx »

The Ranger hurls himself at the remaining scarecrow.

[1d6] = 4

[1d20] = 5 +1 STR, -2 proficiency penalty=4

Never mind.

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#43 Post by Distorted Humor »

[1d20] = 4

Odo mutters "I score hits with wrenches, not foul breathing growing from fishy podded abominations!"

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#44 Post by rredmond »

Day 1 – 12:06p
Round 2

Rake parries as he taunts the scarecrow creature. Ilhalevar holds her ground, as does Al’zure and Wulfgard (who are both watching the tunnel behind the party). Malak pulls back as requested.

Varkos steps up to attack, as does Son of Thunder. Odo presses his attack.

The party wins initiative but Varkos is, unfortunately the only one who is able to hit! But the creature reels back a step from the mighty blow, but then attempts to grab Varkos!

Two leafy arms flail out and while the first misses wildly, the second came close enough for Varkos to smell the moss.

. PM sent.
This next round will be a two attack round for Varkos only as Son of Thunder is not using his spear. Varkos will attack first in the round as well as last. Everyone else attacks on initiative.
One person please roll initiative and everyone can perform actions; please do the corresponding rolls to those actions.
Rake, Odo and Malak are all holding lit torches.
The map is here: viewtopic.php?p=17720#p17720 .

HPs: Malak - 15/15; Varkos - 22/22; Ilhalevar - 8/8; Al'Zur- 7/7; SoT - 25/25; Wulfgard - 12/12; Zafalia - 11/11; Odo - 17/17; Rake - 6/6
WIH: Malak: short sword; Varkos: long sword; Ilhalevar: quarterstaff; Al'Zur: long sword; SoT: Spear, shield; Wulfgard: staff; Zafalia: spear, shield; Odo: short sword; Rake: long sword
MO (10’): 1- Zafalia and Varkos and Malak; 2- Odo and Rake and SoT and Ilhalevar; 3- ; 4- Al'Zur (back to one side of the cavern opening); 5- Wulfgard; 6-
Consumables: Hooded lamp (Zafalia) - 4 hours left (off), 30' radius; Torch, 56 minutes (Malak), 40' radius; Torch, 58 minutes (Rake), 40' radius; Torch, 58 minutes (Odo), 40' radius; Torch, 60 minutes (off), 40’ radius.
--------Spells: Ilhalevar: 1-1/2; Al'Zur: 1-1/1; Wulfgard: 1-4/4, 2-2/2; Zafalia: 1-3/4, 2-3/3

This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Solinor
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#45 Post by Solinor »

Wulfgard, seeing the rear approach is being watched and that the battle continues will charge into the fray!

If I'm able to charge and attack?

To hit: [1d20] = 13, damage with mace: [1d4+1] = 3+1 = 4
If I get a +2 to hit from charge attack is a 15.

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#46 Post by Vargr1105 »

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#47 Post by Distorted Humor »

Initiative
[1d6] = 4

To hit
[1d20] = 13

Damage if I hit

[1d6] = 5

"I can't have Rake have ALL the fun.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#48 Post by tkrexx »

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#49 Post by saalaria »

Ron was the pm to me as I haven't received anything?

Varkos takes an easy swing and aces it:

Longsword [1d20+3] = 15+3 = 18 Dam [1d8+5] = 4+5 = 9

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#50 Post by rredmond »

Day 1 – 12:07p
Round 3

This was actually a two attack round for Varkos which hurts the creatures great initiative [1d6] = 6.

The party rushes forward with their weapons, but just as the creature is about to attack, Varkos slashes it in two with his sword. It falls into a pile of green and brown like it's comrade next to him.

All of the rest of the pods seem to be open. Slimey fish-smelling plantish gook drips out of both of these newly opened pods.

Rake, Odo and Malak are all holding lit torches.
The map is here: viewtopic.php?p=17720#p17720 .

HPs: Malak - 15/15; Varkos - 22/22; Ilhalevar - 8/8; Al'Zur- 7/7; SoT - 25/25; Wulfgard - 12/12; Zafalia - 11/11; Odo - 17/17; Rake - 6/6
WIH: Malak: short sword; Varkos: long sword; Ilhalevar: quarterstaff; Al'Zur: long sword; SoT: Spear, shield; Wulfgard: staff; Zafalia: spear, shield; Odo: short sword; Rake: long sword
MO (10’): 1- Zafalia and Varkos and Malak; 2- Odo and Rake and SoT and Ilhalevar; 3- ; 4- Al'Zur (back to one side of the cavern opening); 5- Wulfgard; 6-
Consumables: Hooded lamp (Zafalia) - 4 hours left (off), 30' radius; Torch, 55 minutes (Malak), 40' radius; Torch, 57 minutes (Rake), 40' radius; Torch, 57 minutes (Odo), 40' radius; Torch, 60 minutes (off), 40’ radius.
--------Spells: Ilhalevar: 1-1/2; Al'Zur: 1-1/1; Wulfgard: 1-4/4, 2-2/2; Zafalia: 1-3/4, 2-3/3

This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#51 Post by Distorted Humor »

Shall we burn these pods with fire? Odo asks the party, the arsonist coming out of him...

Solinor
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#52 Post by Solinor »

BURN THEM! Wulgard squels.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#53 Post by Alethan »

Illhalevar

"And needlessly draw attention to ourselves? It appears that the pods are useless, once used for gestation. Plus, we might destroy any information possibly gleamed from this mess. No, I do not think burning this hatchery is the right idea, at least for now..."
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#54 Post by tkrexx »

Embarrassed, the Ranger silently retrieves his spear.

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#55 Post by Vargr1105 »

Rake looks at the burning torch on his left hand.

"I agree with Odo and Wulgard, I think we should cleanse these with flame. How do we know if these things won't regenerate?"

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#56 Post by Alethan »

Ilhalevar shrugs, "They just look like egg shells to me; they are inert and used up. Think of the smoke and flames that might result from burning 20 of these pods, though. If we don't kill ourselves by attracting attention, then we'll certainly do it with smoke."

Ilhalevar votes against doing this.

Maybe this calls for a full party vote?
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#57 Post by saalaria »

Varkos considers the various opinions of each companion who has spoken. A watcher could almost see the thoughts flashing across his mind. Eventually he speaks:

"we don't burn them - let's stay sneaky as long as possible"

He begins to search the floor of the cavern, moving any detritus gently with the tip of his sword to see if anything lies beneath.

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#58 Post by Distorted Humor »

Odo likes fire, but understands the concerns of the party members, and sword in hand, checks the room for secret ways, traps, and that ilk.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#59 Post by tkrexx »

The Ranger wipes the goo from his spear. No fire, not yet. We will kill more of them than they will of us, unless they smell our work. This unholy place will be sealed with fire after we find the villagers.

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#60 Post by Nuke66 »

Al'Zur crosses the stream with a nimble jump and begins to examine a portion of the south wall.

Return to “Pod-Caverns Of The Sinister Shroom”