CHAPTER 7b: Return to Hagalton

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

CHAPTER 7b: Return to Hagalton

#1 Post by Norjax »

Day 77-88 (Since Loge Thanos)

After a night’s rest in the tunnel system, you shut-down the hyper pods and exit the underworld back into the fungal canyon. You are reminded of the worm encounter in the mushroom forest, and make a note of the forest’s potential harvest.

MAP:

After 11 days of travel back out of the Zone and down the Long Route, you return to the comforts of Hagalton. Frekken, May-Jor and Jack bid you a fond farewell and depart to the north in search of adventure.

You are surprised to see that Frank Rock is still in town. He had second thoughts on departing the area, so he took up a constable job while waiting for your return.

There is increased activity in town. Word has spread about the Gam’A Zone, and more adventurers have traveled here to seek their fortunes. Casual introductions are arranged by members of the community, and you meet Ron Spartan, a cyborg, and a synthetic human named Bruce Lee Mark VIII.

OOC: New players, please post a brief role play of your introductions.

You haggle with the merchants and collectors to sell and/or barter the treasure haul from the tunnel system:

• - Metal cylinder with leather band
    - Rectangular block with glass faces
    - Oval object with glass face and buttons
    - Machine parts (4 bins used, 2 boxes new)
    - Seven boxes of ancient sustenance (boxed, bagged, cylinders)
    - (1) Crate of misc. tools
    - Sustenance packages from dispensing machines (boxed, bagged, cylinders)
    - Personal hygiene items from hyper pod
    - Sustenance items from hyper pod
    - Rectangular polybone plate with glass face.

OOC: For expedience, I will say you sold/traded these items for your resupply. Each character now has 30 days of rations for the return trip into the Zone. Let me know of any objections.

If you would like additional supplies, state your desire and I will make a judgment call on its cost and availability to be included with the exchange.

Plod Jakee, who purchased most of the artifacts, informs you that competitive groups have found the ruins of Sott’ Urwa just inside the Barrier.

They fought desperately against intelligent insects (Thorax Scavengers) who live in the city ruins. The adventurers seized valuable artifacts, and have returned to explore the deeper ruins. Based on your descriptions and Blixx’ map, Plod is sure the hyper pod tunnel network connects, somewhere, to Sott’ Urwa.

So, do you return to the fungal canyon and explore more of the tunnel system or do you seek out Sott’ Urwa and compete with other groups.

Actions?

Scythius Equinus
Tracker
Tracker

Re: CHAPTER 7b: Return to Hagalton

#2 Post by Scythius Equinus »

Frank Rock

Seeing your party come back into town, he chews on a cheroot, and scratches his chin.

"Hey Fellas, looks like the trip north was a smoke ring in a hurricane. Maybe you guys could use my sparklin personality again."

He grins showing some impressive teeth and his strong jawline.

Might take me a post or two to get back into the swing of Sgt Rock...
You had me at blood and semen - Peter Lefluer

Frank Rock - Human

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by Norjax »

Den Lo, who spent a lot of time with Frank while he was in town, runs up to settle a small gambling debt. He stops near the group and slowly turns his head towards Ron Spartan. “Alright,” he begins in his loud, nasal voice. “Who ordered the shark with frickin’ laser beams!?”

OOC: For the new players, Den Lo is a specialty merchant that the characters have traded with during past visits. He has the personality of Rocket from Guardians of the Galaxy.

quozl
Scout
Scout

#4 Post by quozl »

Ron Spartan grins.

"I suggest not trying to jump this shark." He turns to the travelers. "The name's Ron. I'd be very interested in any technology that you found. Or even helping you obtain more. I'm pretty handy with this laser."
Ron Spartan, a mutant shark with a laser mounted on its head!

Ardak2000
Guide
Guide

#5 Post by Ardak2000 »

Bruce Lee Mark VII

approaches the returning group and offers each a hand in greeting, uttering a simple "Bruce" as an introduction.
- Ardak2000
"Hey
The old ones speak of winter
The young ones praise the sun
And time just slips away

Oh
Running into nowhere
Turning like a wheel
And a year becomes a day

Whenever we dream, that's when we fly
So here is a dream for just you and I

We'll find the Sacred Heart
Somewhere bleeding in the night
Look for the light
And find the Sacred Heart"

-RJD, Dio, Sacred Heart

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#6 Post by greyarea »

Denslow extends a branch to each in turn. Nice to meet you all. We could use some help. We found a goodly amount of things of the ancients, but this is dangerous work. We were almost overwhelmed a few times. Some couldn't hack it, so they are leaving so we need good, strong folk who are unwilling to back down. So, if that's you, we're happy to have you on board.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by Urson »

Belial

Belial the baboon knuckle-walks to the new folks, his wings folded. Good to meet you, mi compadres. What Tree-dude says is most harsh, but true. We found an awesome load of Ancients goods, an' we're going to be too rich for our own good soon.

Belial is wearing a Hawaiian shirt over his armor. He sounds like a 90's era Surfer Dude.
FA FO

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by shaidar »

Silvestri

Silvestri nods at the newcomers "Pleased to meet you all, it's good to have fresh blood on this trip, I think we're going to find some interesting stuff"

His friends note that Silvestri looks a little pale and tired, but there seems a new gleam in his eyes.

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by Norjax »

OOC: Please make any final preparations before you leave for the hyper pod tunnel system. Add or inquire about additional supplies and equipment for your characters.

Let me know if you have any questions before we begin the journey.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by Urson »

Belial

Belial spends some time visiting the vendors. Yo, my dude! I'm looking for a small machine that can pull a cart- any ideas who might have such a most excellent device?

He's looking for a small-ish gadget, self-propelled, that could haul a fully loaded cart. He's thinking big, and planning to have a HUGE load of stuff to haul back to Hagaltown.
FA FO

Mimdalf
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#11 Post by Mimdalf »

Blixx

"We should head back to the tunnels, it's a prospect site without the competition so far." Blixx whispers to his group. "Perhaps we should keep it to ourselves, just say we found the goods where everyone else is looking at the ruins of Sott’ Urwa."

"Frank! Good to see you! You Back up for a bit of exploration?" Blixx smiles broadly at Sgt Frank Rock.

Blixx silvery haired mutant with feathery antennae and pitch-black composite eyes, but a handsome face smiles broadly with his slightly elongated canines at Bruce and Ron. "How do you do? I'm Blixx, you up for some exploration of the Dim and Dark? Blixx smiles, what he thinks as welcoming and warm but is not...

After the meet and greet, Blixx looks around the weapon vendors for something that might pack a punch, his armory seems a little bit wanting to the task at hand.
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

"Little surprises around every corner, but nothing dangerous!" WW

Namárië

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by shaidar »

Silvestri nods at Blixx's suggestion at keeping things quiet "Agreed, discretion is best, we don't want to be fighting prospectors as well as whatever is down there" he whispers back.

He also wants to see if he can afford to upgrade his bow and arrow to something a little more advanced (not sure of the prices around here)

quozl
Scout
Scout

#13 Post by quozl »

Ron grins, showing his rows of sharp teeth.

"It's nice to be welcomed. I have some money. What kind of equipment will I be needing for this expedition?"

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#14 Post by greyarea »

Denslow says, You could use a something to kill lots of bugs. Seems we came across swarming things all too often.

quozl
Scout
Scout

#15 Post by quozl »

Ron nods and seeks out Den Lo.

Mr. Lo, where might I find large quantities of bug spray?

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by Norjax »

Belial works his way through the vendors, and most think he is joking about his self-propelled gadget . Obo Grittz is the one who finally helps the mutant baboon grip reality.

“My friend,” Obo begins. “If I had such a contraption, why would I part with it? Besides, this thing you describe would be prone to constant maintenance would it not?” The semi-flying mutant moves to the back door and motions to Belial. “This way, I have something that will work just as well.”

He leads Belial to the corrals (Area 54)

“This breed of Quiksten is docile and takes to carts rather well. In combination with your party’s Drot Swyne and its cart, you should be able to secure quite a haul.” They barter for a while and determine their collective funds are sufficient to purchase the bird and a cart. Satisfied with the exchange, Obo puts his hand on one of Belial’s wings. “Of course you will remember me when you return to sell your spoils?” He asks with a toothless grin.

OOC: You will need this beast of burden and cart, because Silvestri will have to ride in one of the carts during overland travel due to his reduced movement rate. Without him riding, you will need double the travel supplies (60 days instead of 30).

---

Blixx and Silvestri visit Po Ellol (Area 4). The arms merchant is puzzled why his mothish mutant friend needs more firepower when he has a pigmonn rifle and plenty of ammunition.

“These razorhead arrows make a nasy wound,” Po says to Silvestri. “Your longbow is well suited to launch these deadly missiles.”

OOC: You can afford 12 of the razor arrows.

---

Denslow and Ron visit Den Lo, one of the specialty merchants.

“You guys are unbelievable!” Den exclaims. “How can I keep this stuff in stock when you use it up so quickly? I have one Nerve Gas grenade left. Those going into Sott’ Urwa have cleaned me out. That place is infested with insects! I was keeping this one as a display item, but your coin has always been good.”

OOC: You can afford the grenade.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#17 Post by shaidar »

Silvestri hands over his gold in exchange for the arrows "These will come in most handy, Master Po"

ooc: oops, Silvestri's move is now half of what it was. he moves slightly slower than Denslow. I think he needs to learn to ride

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by shaidar »

As Silvestri moves around the shopping area it becomes apparent that something has changed about him, he seems less steady on his feet, slower.

Seeing the concern of his friends he speaks to them privately "I am fine. I took a chance to try and improve my mental powers and I was, for the most part, successful. I am a little weak, but I will recover in a few days. Although, nature likes to strike some kind of balance and I fear my legs will never be the same again. I'm sorry if this causes the group some trouble, but I hope that what I have gained makes up for the inconvenience, particularly if we are searching for the artifacts of the ancients"

Ardak2000
Guide
Guide

#19 Post by Ardak2000 »

Bruce Lee Mark VII

(to Silvestri)

places a steadying hand on his new friends shoulder. "Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one"

ooc: Bruce sounds like a wizened martial arts master
- Ardak2000
"Hey
The old ones speak of winter
The young ones praise the sun
And time just slips away

Oh
Running into nowhere
Turning like a wheel
And a year becomes a day

Whenever we dream, that's when we fly
So here is a dream for just you and I

We'll find the Sacred Heart
Somewhere bleeding in the night
Look for the light
And find the Sacred Heart"

-RJD, Dio, Sacred Heart

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by shaidar »

Silvestri nods "I'm not sure I believe in anything to pray to, but certainly nothing worth having was obtained easily"

Return to “Archive”