OOC and Q&A

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: OOC and Q&A

#221 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I noted the broken sword blade as well but nothing of import that i can make of it i didn't remember seeing anything for it to go to unless it's some sort of secret lever to open a hidden door or something.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

VonAlric
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#222 Post by VonAlric »

I was reckoning that it was treasure. Everything else but that is rusty? Unless it is a clever trap of some type.
It's hard to explain puns to kleptomaniacs because they always take things literally.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#223 Post by Rex »

Correct, everything else is rusty, to disintegrated.

GreyWolfVT

#224 Post by GreyWolfVT »

well unless i read the description wrong twice the broken sword blade is rusty as well just very sharp and broken. So if it is treasure it's kinda defective.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#225 Post by Rex »

I should have worded it better, the sword blade has no rust on it.

rust-free broken sword blade is the original wording, I was trying to not over emphasize it but still make it sort of obvious. English was always my worst subject, one of the reason I became a scientist.

GreyWolfVT

#226 Post by GreyWolfVT »

ok but still it's really sharp as hell and is broken still not entirely seeing how it will be useful unless we have someone fix it if we were able to locate the hilt and whatever portion of blade remains to it. Screw it lets carry the entire anvil. :D

VonAlric
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#227 Post by VonAlric »

Apologies. Birthday weekend for my 15 yr old then I come down with one of the worst sinus/ear infections I've ever gotten. My throat was so raw and sore I could barely swallow anything. Antibiotics have finally gotten me to where I feel like I want to function and be tangental to society.
It's hard to explain puns to kleptomaniacs because they always take things literally.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#228 Post by Rex »

No worry, weekends are slow anyways.

VonAlric
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#229 Post by VonAlric »

Okay, as we are on the way back to town, I wanted to get a little feedback from Greywolf and Alver. In keeping with Rodbert's background and with the low CHA stat (looks and actions), in my (his) mind he would go and point out to our knight that all of the village troubles are on his head because of his (irrational?) actions in dealing with the natives. Do you feel that would be poking the bear or are we within our rights to be a bit confrontational, especially since we lost two NPCs to this creature? Granted, Wisdom should also be taken into account and will help override some of his inclinations to just burst out with things like that. He is more contemplative and scheming rather than just straight out brash. So, what do you think?

GreyWolfVT

#230 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I think we might have to use a bit more tactful method someone with a silver tongue approach

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#231 Post by Rex »

Been a busy morning, will try to post an update after work tonight.

alver
Ranger
Ranger

#232 Post by alver »

I thought of a way to divide the loot from this expedition. I know we don't need to, but this just makes sense to me.

The sword, to the warrior. Sheamus.

The books and magic, to the learned man. Rodbert.

What about Ingvar? What he wants the most is glory and fame, and he has just started claiming it :)

What do you guys think?

GreyWolfVT

#233 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Sheamus is an axe fighter so he doesn't need to take the sword. It was merely the only thing that interested the man to take to rescue from it's ruin "prison" so it could be used by any warrior. :) Ingvar can have the blade if we can get it fixed.

alver
Ranger
Ranger

#234 Post by alver »

The sword could be legendary :) Think about it. It was stuck somewhere like The Excalibur. It is currently broken, like Aragorn's sword, whatever it's called. Many named swords in myth and legend were made by dwarves (not Tolkien dwarves, but those in Germanic legend - sometimes evil and magical creatures, not your friendly short beer-loving guy with a beard).

GreyWolfVT

#235 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Other greatly powerful things are made by dwarves too. Cough cough Thaos's gauntlet...

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#236 Post by Rex »

You have officially completed the adventurer. Congratulations.

Now the question is if you want to continue or call it quits. Ideas?

alver
Ranger
Ranger

#237 Post by alver »

Thank you Rex for running it!

I've enjoyed the first adventure very much. I've toyed myself with the idea of running a game in medieval Britain, but never really figured out how to make magic and gods work. I did not think I would get to play in a game like this myself. Harn feels medieval to me and it makes the fantasy stuff work in a way that makes sense and does not break that illusion.

I also like the characters in the party. They just fit in this world so well. Too bad we didn't see more of Humfrey.

The adventure was good too, I did guess from the very beginning that it is a beast that eats the miners and villagers, but there were enough red herrings and clues along the way to make me doubt that guess. For a while, Martin the Hermit looked very suspicious :) And the adversary was unpredictable and brutal.

My vote is, continue. I would personally like more investigation / interact with NPC-s type of stuff. And we do have a couple of things to investigate already, the sword and the books.

alver
Ranger
Ranger

#238 Post by alver »

VonAlric wrote:Okay, as we are on the way back to town, I wanted to get a little feedback from Greywolf and Alver. In keeping with Rodbert's background and with the low CHA stat (looks and actions), in my (his) mind he would go and point out to our knight that all of the village troubles are on his head because of his (irrational?) actions in dealing with the natives. Do you feel that would be poking the bear or are we within our rights to be a bit confrontational, especially since we lost two NPCs to this creature? Granted, Wisdom should also be taken into account and will help override some of his inclinations to just burst out with things like that. He is more contemplative and scheming rather than just straight out brash. So, what do you think?
Crap, sorry, I missed this post. A bit too late now :)

Basically, Ingvar, in character, would have agreed that Sir Kathel is not the most competent ruler. Whether this is true or not, he thinks many things should have been done differently. However, we are also guests on his land. Basically confronting him like that would mean picking a fight and would not be proper behavior for an Ivinian, unless the party had their own beef with Kathel (which they don't)

VonAlric
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#239 Post by VonAlric »

I enjoyed the adventure and the setting. I was wanting more proof before I said people were dead. Even though I knew that it was most likely that no one was alive.

I would like to continue on as well. I'm open to most any style save a horror type. Which this adventure did have that element but was more investigation which made it more suspenseful. If we can get a couple more players as well, it would be good. I think losing Tibbles caused a bit of a drag on advancing the adventure. I enjoy the interacting with the NPCs as well, even trying to get Earnest into it as well.

One of the things that is running in my head with regards to Kathel is to have a letter that basically tells him that it was mainly his poor decisions that caused the issues his town had but that he didn't have enough specialized people to correct the issue. I would pay the innkeeper a little money to wait until mid-afternoon after we left in the morning to then deliver it to Kathel. Let him come find us then, we would be in another town by then. However, if we wish to explore the mine a bit more, we need the town as a base so that letter would have to wait until much later.

alver
Ranger
Ranger

#240 Post by alver »

VonAlric wrote: One of the things that is running in my head with regards to Kathel is to have a letter that basically tells him that it was mainly his poor decisions that caused the issues his town had but that he didn't have enough specialized people to correct the issue. I would pay the innkeeper a little money to wait until mid-afternoon after we left in the morning to then deliver it to Kathel.
:shock: No, I don't want to do that. Let's leave the poor NPC alone, he has to take the back seat anyway as the PC-s ride in to save the day ;)

Return to “HarnWorld Campaign (BlueHolme)”