OOC and Q&A

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

OOC and Q&A

#1 Post by Rex »

All questions or anything else OOC goes here.

alver
Ranger
Ranger

Re: OOC and Q&A

#2 Post by alver »

Alright, really looking forward to this :)

First question, I'm thinking of making a viking fighter.

Does this information apply in your game: http://columbiagames.com/cgi-bin/query/ ... orbaal.cfg?

Also, how would an Ivinian (viking) man travelling alone in Kaldor be received? Would he be treated like a local, ignored as some stupid smelly foreigner or be actively chased by a pitchfork-wielding mob (meaning, does the entire Harn hate Ivinians or just the Jarin)? If it's too awkward I can also go with a different background :)

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#3 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Hmm you know a viking does sound like it would be fun Alver, half temped to run on now that you mentioned it :) then again what about a Celtic Warrior is that possible?
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#4 Post by NJWilliam »

What would a mystical ivashu companion look like for a 18 charisma?
Sebastian, A Candle in the Darkness
Ulrich, Tales of The Troll Company
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers
Hakon Geirmundarson, Pawns of the North Wind
Jameson Rowan, Silverband
Disston Symonds, Sigma Chronos

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by Rex »

alver wrote:Alright, really looking forward to this :)

First question, I'm thinking of making a viking fighter.

Does this information apply in your game: http://columbiagames.com/cgi-bin/query/ ... orbaal.cfg?

Also, how would an Ivinian (viking) man travelling alone in Kaldor be received? Would he be treated like a local, ignored as some stupid smelly foreigner or be actively chased by a pitchfork-wielding mob (meaning, does the entire Harn hate Ivinians or just the Jarin)? If it's too awkward I can also go with a different background :)
That info is more or less accurate. An Ivinian is fine, they could be a traveling trader, mercenary or even priest. There is a temple to Sarajin in Tashal, the capitol of Kaldor. No need to buy anything I have everything for HarnWorld (it has been my campaign world of choice since 1988). Kaldor is about 25% Jarin so some hostility is always possible but that just adds to the role play.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by Rex »

GreyWolfVT wrote:Hmm you know a viking does sound like it would be fun Alver, half temped to run on now that you mentioned it :) then again what about a Celtic Warrior is that possible?
Ed, the closest to a Celtic warrior would be a Pict barbarian. They paint themselves with green dye. Otherwise very much classic early Celts. The Jarin are loosely based on the latter Celts, if you want a slightly more civilized version. Either could work fine. The only potential issue is that a potential villain in the adventure is a local Pict tribe, but I can make it work so don't let that stop you from running what you want. The Jarin and Ivinians don't get along very well but there are exceptions and inter-marrying has started north of Kaldor to a fairly heavy degree.

Also I just realized I forgot to add in my house rules that a Charisma of 6 or less and you are an outcast.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by Rex »

NJWilliam wrote:What would a mystical ivashu companion look like for a 18 charisma?
NJWilliam,
It wouldn't have to be a Ivashu, but could be. A non-Ivashu could be a Paladins war-horse that is Intelligent and can detect magic, a unicorn, or fairy would also fit. Ivashu are monsters that the god Ilvir creates and releases for unexplained reasons. This basically gives the DM an excuse to use whatever monster they want. They are always gender-less and can't reproduce. Anything is possible, would just try and make it fit your character concept.

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#8 Post by NJWilliam »

What comes with charisma 6 outcast status?
Sebastian, A Candle in the Darkness
Ulrich, Tales of The Troll Company
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers
Hakon Geirmundarson, Pawns of the North Wind
Jameson Rowan, Silverband
Disston Symonds, Sigma Chronos

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by Rex »

Depends on what you make. A viking could be outcast for killing a skald (big no-no), or maybe you pissed off the local lord. Maybe you refused to marry someone and ran away. It doesn't necessarily indicate an outcast from a nation or people, maybe just a clan, tribe or family group. It should cut you off from potential allies or at least some smaller region under whoever cast you outs control. We could discuss it once you have an idea of what you would like to run.

Also, for everyone if you have questions or ideas you want to stay private for now then you should each have a private forum you can ask them in. You will start knowing each other, how can be up to you or I can make something up.

alver
Ranger
Ranger

#10 Post by alver »

Rex wrote: That info is more or less accurate. An Ivinian is fine, they could be a traveling trader, mercenary or even priest. There is a temple to Sarajin in Tashal, the capitol of Kaldor. No need to buy anything I have everything for HarnWorld (it has been my campaign world of choice since 1988). Kaldor is about 25% Jarin so some hostility is always possible but that just adds to the role play.
OK, let's just see how it will work out then. Ivinian fighter it is :)

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by Rex »

Sounds good. Lots of possible occupations. Trader, Huscarl (viking equivalent of a knight), skald (viking bard), shield maiden, hunter/trapper, and of course viking (sailor/raider). Other stuff would work as well.

GreyWolfVT

#12 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Based on what you replied back to me on the Celt question I likely will go with a The Jarin rather than a Pict. Would it still be a barbarian or stay a fighter for class?
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by Rex »

Class would be fighter (either way actually). Occupation could be any number of things. You could be a landless knight, mercenary, man-at-arms, yeoman, maybe a hunter/trapper who is/was also a member of the militia. Even a farmer who had hard luck and took to life as a mercenary (occasional banditry). Lots of options.

GreyWolfVT

#14 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Rex wrote:Class would be fighter (either way actually). Occupation could be any number of things. You could be a landless knight, mercenary, man-at-arms, yeoman, maybe a hunter/trapper who is/was also a member of the militia. Even a farmer who had hard luck and took to life as a mercenary (occasional banditry). Lots of options.
Most likely I'd choose one of these 3 landless knight, mercenary, man-at-arms. Leaning towards Mercenary.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#15 Post by Rex »

That will make things easy. You are about to get hired. :D

GreyWolfVT

#16 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Rex wrote:That will make things easy. You are about to get hired. :D
It's about to become a very good day then ;)

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#17 Post by Rex »

Ed,
Starting equipment is 3d6x10sp. A set of clothing, mail armor, shield, knife, 3 weapons of your choice, backpack, 2 belt pouches, tinder box & water/wine skin. you have a riding horse (not the best quality, but gets the job done) and basic tack. Do you have a preference on a magic item? Feel free to downgrade any items if you are thinking slightly different (can exchange mail for leather etc.).

GreyWolfVT

#18 Post by GreyWolfVT »

gimme the money [3d6x10] = 10x10 = 100 sp

what are my choices for magic item? No real pref not knowing what my limits are ;)

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#19 Post by Rex »

Your 4th level so I was thinking 1 medium level (ring of protection +2, bracers of defense +4 for example, weapon +1, +3 vs whatever) or maybe a couple of lesser items (armor +1, weapon +1 and a potion). Something like that.

Keep in mind that standard +1 weapons in BlueHolme are only + to hit not damage. But specialty weapons +1, +3 vs dogs would be +3 to hit and damage vs dogs.

I intend to let magic-users and clerics to have some self made scrolls/potions.

GreyWolfVT

#20 Post by GreyWolfVT »

how about bracers a weapon and a potion?

Return to “HarnWorld Campaign (BlueHolme)”