Expedition: Neegan - Orb Quest - 19 August 2021

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Expedition: Neegan - Orb Quest - 19 August 2021

#361 Post by Dram »

Neegan- I'm with ya on getting out of here while our skin is in tact. We must move fast. Sir Justin will Lord Bremen be happy with the Orb returning back to his tower?
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#362 Post by Marullus »

"No," replies Sir Justin. "He won't allow it to return, as none are safe where it is. We best find a place to hide it... If not here, then on the way..."

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#363 Post by Jernau35 »

"We'll have to move quickly until we do find a place to hide it", Tollander says. "Look how quickly it summons these fiends towards us."

He rubs his hand across his face, fatigue beginning to set in. "It must be approaching midnight outside. Will we be any safer out there tonight if we leave now?"

Tollander looks over at the head of the stair, to see if the fiends are making any progress in climbing up.
Chance of being Suprised: 33%

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#364 Post by Dram »

Neegan- I just hope nothing is waiting outside for us remember the noise before entered this place. Be ready.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#365 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Galmit "Just find a durned place ta hide the damned thing so we can get the hells outta ere!" he says as they may their way towards the exit/entrance.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#366 Post by Dram »

Neegan- The durn problem is the dead can sense the thing and will come to it.Does anyone know of any place the dead will not enter?
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

GreyWolfVT

#367 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Galmit "Temples, shrines, chuches?"
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#368 Post by Jernau35 »

Tollander

"I'd think all those places would be in Gaul and as far as I know, the orb is barred from entering there". He looks at Neegan for confirmation.

"It seems to me that Gwanwen has given us four courses of action." The cleric begins to count on his fingers.

"One: toss it in a hole and damn the consequences."

Two: toss it in a volcano and hope that works. I don't suppose anybody knows the way to a volcano?"
Tollander breathes out heavily, already knowing the answer to that.

"Three: off-load it onto somebody else. Not likely to happen".

"Four: do our best to find somebody who knows what to do about those runes, then come back here and finish the job".
He pauses for a moment and gives a sour smile. "Frankly, the last choice is only slightly better than the first one

GreyWolfVT

#369 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Galmit "Option two an four sound tha better choices ta me."

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#370 Post by Marullus »

Go ahead to the Expeditions thread and feel free to join up with new parties. I want you to get underway with the new opportunities while this wraps up.

Having made the decision to flee the dwarfhome, the group ponders options for what to do with the Orb. Tollander can clearly hear the sound of the fiends knocking about in the kitchen below, but for now they do not appear to be coming either up the narrow stairwell or back up the main hallway to intercept you. You feel a sense of impending dread as you think of the fiends you felled on the lower level whose wounds were knitting... they are likely to regenerate enough to join with the second group soon.

"Roll it down the central hallway," suggests Agustin. "The dwarves made it run straight as an arrow down to where the spiral vault starts. Maybe we'll get lucky and it will bounce around the final turn and over the runes..."

The party considers other options as well. They know that the entire city of Gaul is protected against evil and extraplanar creatures, such as those assailing you now. The Church of Baudh was quite vocal about their success in this (based on the artifact recovered in the Mission from Baudh quest), given that the Templars of Eruanna had such difficulty in ending the threats in the fields outside town. Alas, they also know that the ArchDuke has forbidden the orb from entering the town's gates... Gaul has enough troubles.

As for a volcano, Wilhelm the Sage suggested that the solitary peak north of Gaul (where Amistad went to speak to orcs) is likely volcanic, if an opening can be found.

"It's a shame we didn't get to open any[/] vaults," grouses Billy. "When I signed on for a share, I didn't think we'd be leaving empty handed."

Sir Justin is intent on preparing for departure. He has finished repacking the party's gear onto the horses and looks to the others expectantly. "Just remember that being alive is not failure. We return to the White Tower and end this effort. I've kept my bargain."

Please state a final plan. :)

Date: 26 August 2021, 10:15pm
Light: Lantern (until 10:30pm)
Distance: None
Effects: None
Injuries: Galmit (moderately injured), Tollander (Minorly Injured), Neegan (minorly injured)

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#371 Post by Jernau35 »

"Sir Justin is right Billy", Tollander says. "Gwanwen teaches us that life and death are both equal and we should embrace both equally. But no matter how much gold you fill your coffin with, you'll spend none of it".

He puts his hand on the boy's shoulder. "I'm sorry you came away empty handed. I'll double your pay anyway. You were as least as brave as any of us, and stood your ground when others ran". Tollander looks sideways at Sir Justin.

Tollander turns to Neegan. "You are the one carrying the orb. The final decision will have to be yours."

GreyWolfVT

#372 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Galmit "Yer tha leader o this thin so you gotta make tha call Neegan."

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#373 Post by Marullus »

Okay. *Bump* holding for Neegan.

Are any of you joining Golgarth into the swamps? Need to go chime in, if so. Being concurrent with here is fine.

GreyWolfVT

#374 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Marullus wrote:Okay. *Bump* holding for Neegan.

Are any of you joining Golgarth into the swamps? Need to go chime in, if so. Being concurrent with here is fine.
Uh which thread/topic is this in? I'm kinda lost at this point i just focus on the ones i am in currently.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#375 Post by Marullus »

Marullus wrote:Go ahead to the Expeditions thread and feel free to join up with new parties. I want you to get underway with the new opportunities while this wraps up.

GreyWolfVT

#376 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Marullus wrote:
Marullus wrote:Go ahead to the Expeditions thread and feel free to join up with new parties. I want you to get underway with the new opportunities while this wraps up.
Right on. I found it and posted that Galmit is more than happy to join the swamp "delve" undead expedition.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#377 Post by Dram »

Neean We could leave it in the upper stair the did not follow us up the stairs. Lets leave it there and hope it is still there when we return.
Neegan heads back to the door.
Marullus wrote:Neegan shoos the others up the narrow stair, he and Galmit blocking the bottom by tipping over a marble topped table as they go. You make it to the pantry above and find Sir Justin readying the horses, which appear to have remained here safely. To your surprise, the fiends are not pursuing you up this final stair; the table-door remains in place below you.

Actions?

Date: 26 August 2021, 10:05pm
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#378 Post by Marullus »

Neegan sees no attempt by the fiends to move the table at the stairwell's bottom. He prepares to leave the orb on the steps.

Final comments? If that's the move, I will move you back and close this out.

GreyWolfVT

#379 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I'm good.

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#380 Post by Jernau35 »

Me too.

Return to “History - Completed Expeditions”