Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: The Firehouse. Home sweet home.

#361 Post by Bluehorse »

Bluehorse wrote:Back @ HQ
Caddo Do Me a Favor?
Aug. 11, 2018, 2:30pm
Raining & Cooling

Just updating timestamp and Brownie Points before I lose track.

Joker is looking for something to symbolize Life and we can move on, Everyone else can help him look if they like or stick around with 10Cs for now.

Other than that I don't want to bombard you with to-do list since that seems too railroady to me.

Actions? 

Mac -3 Bps from Cool Roll To keep Ten-Chiefs talking.

Brownie Point Pool  
Dr. Jason O'Roarke:  60/73 (**)
Roy O'Dowd: 37/37
Lionel 'Freight Train' Williams: 63/63
Dr. Vanette Conklin: 46/49 (*)
David "Mac" McAuslan 92/96
Dzjokar "Joker" Jelal 42/42

* - +1d6 on any one roll. (Xmas)

** - Jason has -1d6 on every roll until Aug 24th as he recovers from Snake Venom.

GM Note: Mac dropped his phone @ the Cavanaugh Mound

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#362 Post by Urson »

Joker

Joker hesitates for a moment, his eyes going vague. He hurries away, then returns- soaking wet- with a clump of grass. A fleck of pavement clings in the roots, which are oddly flattened.

It was growing in a crack in the ramp down to the parking area.

He gives it to the Elder, respectfully.
FA FO

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#363 Post by Scott308 »

Lionel "Freight Train" Williams

Lionel disappears for a moment, quickly returning with a bottle of water from the kitchen, which he sets on the table in front of Thomas.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#364 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roy not sure why they are all still running off and finding more things to bring goes to the kitchen and grabs a small snack then returns eating a sandwich. "So whaf are we stiw dowin this fo." he says with a bit of a mouth full.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#365 Post by Bluehorse »

Back @ HQ
Caddo Do Me a Favor?
Aug. 11, 2018, 2:30pm
Raining & Cooling

[b]Joker[/b] wrote: Joker hesitates for a moment, his eyes going vague. He hurries away, then returns- soaking wet- with a clump of grass. A fleck of pavement clings in the roots, which are oddly flattened.

It was growing in a crack in the ramp down to the parking area.

He gives it to the Elder, respectfully.
Thomas smiles as he takes the grass and places it on the table, and it becomes more and more obvious that things have a place on them, opposites in the juxtaposition of each other, leaving the center free and the personal items are lined up before the others.

[quote="Lionel "Freight Train" Williams"]
Lionel disappears for a moment, quickly returning with a bottle of water from the kitchen, which he sets on the table in front of Thomas.[/quote]

Thomas opens the water and takes a quick sip and winks to Lionel before setting it down in its place on the table before starting up his singing again. Hey, a guy gets a dry throat, right?
[b]Roy[/b] wrote: not sure why they are all still running off and finding more things to bring goes to the kitchen and grabs a small snack then returns eating a sandwich. "So whaf are we stiw dowin this fo." he says with a bit of a mouth full.
Thomas takes the sharpie left on the magazine by Lionel, and he sketches something in the center of the table now surrounded by the offerings:
A'ya'hi'ya.Drawing.jpg
A'ya'hi'ya.Drawing.jpg (85.5 KiB) Viewed 1041 times
He takes the last long drag off his cigarette and blows the smoke over the serpentine emblem and... There is an oddly calm feeling that fills the interior of the Firehouse that would be more reassuring if everyone's phone (All but Mac's) suddenly ping to indicate a measurable supernatural fluctuation.

Thomas gets up out of the chair and looks at everyone, curious at the pinging phone but seems to shrug it off and claps his hands once before speaking once more.

Jean looks at them and says He said that is it. The alter is in place. Trade out the items as you need to, no reason to think of something being dedicated to the spot so long as it is swapped out with something else in trade. I'm sorry, what is going on with your phones?

Actions? 

Brownie Point Pool  
Dr. Jason O'Roarke:  60/73 (**)
Roy O'Dowd: 37/37
Lionel 'Freight Train' Williams: 63/63
Dr. Vanette Conklin: 46/49 (*)
David "Mac" McAuslan 92/96
Dzjokar "Joker" Jelal 42/42

* - +1d6 on any one roll. (Xmas)

** - Jason has -1d6 on every roll until Aug 24th as he recovers from Snake Venom.

GM Note: Mac dropped his phone @ the Cavanaugh Mound

Scott308

#366 Post by Scott308 »

Our phones are set up to alert us when there is supernatural activity nearby. They must have picked up the spirituality when you created the altar, he tells Thomas, reverence in his voice.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#367 Post by Rex »

Mac

"Or perhaps he has summoned something or someone."

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#368 Post by Bluehorse »

Scott308 wrote:Lionel "Freight Train" Williams

Our phones are set up to alert us when there is supernatural activity nearby. They must have picked up the spirituality when you created the altar, he tells Thomas, reverence in his voice.
Thomas chuckles and seems to become absorbed in his signed magazine and not give the phones another thought. He is pointing to it and smiling as he talks to Jean who is certainly wondering about the phones but humoring her grandpa and nods along smiling at him and talking in return.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#370 Post by Rex »

Mac

"I suspect an ancestor spirit but there are many possibilities actually. Best to be open minded in these situations."

GreyWolfVT

#371 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roy finishes his sandwich "That was cool. What oh yeah the phones we have em so they can detect ghosts. Or I suppose to put it more aptly paranormal energy. Something of the like." he says in his Roy like fashion waving a hand as he talks.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#372 Post by Pulpatoon »

Etta: "This is fascinating. What was his objective in setting up such an altar? Jason, does the Imagery of the altar feel of a piece with the imagery from your dream?

"And... well, the day is wearing on, and we have to be at the Caddo mound, tonight. Jean, can your grandfather help us figure out what we are likely to encounter there?"

Taaz
Ranger
Ranger

#373 Post by Taaz »

Jason walks over to the alter and looks at the alter, shudders and repeats the line from his dream. Thanks, ghost brother. he puts out his hand to the man.

To Etta, Yeah thats him, them? I am glad to not be tromping out with the snakes.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#374 Post by Bluehorse »

Taaz wrote:Jason walks over to the alter and looks at the alter, shudders and repeats the line from his dream. Thanks, ghost brother. he puts out his hand to the man.

To Etta, Yeah thats him, them? I am glad to not be tromping out with the snakes.
Thomas gladdly shook Jason's hand and then hearing him repeat the chant he freezes and looks him in the eye. Then he points to the drawing on the table with a questioning look. A'ya'hi'ya? Tejas?

this conversation aside, is there anything else at all that anyone wanted to take care of before nightfall? Anything else anyone wants to do in this scene or another?

Gives them all the GM "Are you sure" look.

GreyWolfVT

#375 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roy asks "What'd he say? Aya hiya Tejas? What does that mean?"

Taaz
Ranger
Ranger

#376 Post by Taaz »

I don't know. But it was in my dream, my dream with that he gestures to the drawing.

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#377 Post by Pulpatoon »

Etta: "Jason and Lionel, you two have a solid rapport with Mr. Ten-Chiefs. Would you mind taking this while I go do a little multi-tasking?

"Jean, it's getting late. Can I talk you and your grandfather into spending the night with us in Fort Smith? We can take you back first thing in the morning. Perhaps the two of you would like to join us for the investigation at the mound, and make sure we handle things appropriately?

"Meanwhile, I have some herpetology references to investigate. Excuse me, everybody!"

Etta goes to research how to best tromp around a snake-infested overgrowth in the dark.
Research: [6d6] = 23 Ghost: [1d6] = 5

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#378 Post by Bluehorse »

[b]Etta:[/b] wrote: Etta goes to research how to best tromp around a snake-infested overgrowth in the dark.
Research: [6d6] = 23 Ghost: [1d6] = 5
Heavy boots, preferably designed specifically to be snake proof and high. Long pants, and heavy leather gloves if you will be handling them.

Water Moccasins (aka: Cottonmouths) are most active at night during the warm mouths. The prefer wet swampy areas, especially where there is lots of low coverage.

Etta then comes across a very disturbing YouTube video of an Oklahoma Cottonmouth fighting with a Rattlesnake and not only winning, but eating it alive. I don't feel like posting the link would be in line with the TOS for the forum, but google is a thing if you wanna see. Yes... It is a real thing.
[b]Roy[/b] wrote: Roy asks "What'd he say? Aya hiya Tejas? What does that mean?"
Jean looks over to Roy. That is the name of the spirit... she walks over and points to the drawing. And Tejas means friend, but can also mean the people or of people... there is a nuance to the word that is honestly hard to translate as a concept. There isn't a literal translation, it is more of an idea... like the... Sort of like the idea of a holy ghost? In Christian beliefs?
It isn't literally a holy ghost in a sheet floating around blessing things, it is a wider idea with multiple meanings. A'ya'hi'ya? is a spirit our people believe is a messenger for the dead, so literally A'ya'hi'ya Tejas, means Snake Spirit Messanger of The Peoples. Sorry, it is hard to explain, and honestly, I don't know as much as I should.

Thomas looks at Jean like he is proud of her nonetheless, but there is the mischief of an old man in his eye. He waves anyone still in the room over and points to the sketch. A'ya'hi'ya Tejas.........

And so Jean quickly begins translating as he speaks. ...is the messenger that speaks for the head from the other side of the veil between worlds. For him we give offerings of ourselves, and of our world, which are a reflection of that which is on the other side just as we are all reflections of that which has come before and is not there. When we speak to them, when we pay them respect and tell their stories, A'ya'hi'ya Tejas passes these messages to them, and they pass on their blessings and wisdom to us though... she stops him and ask a question and the old man shrugs and says something back before going ahead with his story. it is kind of like divine intervention but not quite that... direct. It is more ambient. Think of it as good luck. If A'ya'hi'ya Tejas feels like the relationship is good and he feels his is being respected as well, and he will protect The People by keeping the snakes away or more docile to them, but on the other hand if they are not any of those things or worse are disrespectful to A'ya'hi'ya Tejas or the ancestors, then A'ya'hi'ya Tejas will do the opposite and bring in more dangerous snakes to remind the people of their responsibilities to the ancestors and themselves.

Thomas looks over and puts his hands up almost in s shrug. Jean again translates, looking a little more uneasy. So where are your snakes?

Scott308

#379 Post by Scott308 »

No problem, Etta. Hey, what time are we heading over there tonight? I'm gonna call Jamie and Jared and let them know we've got something going on tonight so they can film it, if nobody has any objections.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#380 Post by Rex »

Mac

"The old mound behind the church. Some sort of holy site that is infected with snakes. A paranormal entity is building in power there and we fear it is preparing to go to war."

Return to “Mission Archive”