Off Duty (OOC)

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Off Duty (OOC)

#1 Post by Bluehorse »

janine_melnitz_by_nssanchez-d5iaglc.jpg
janine_melnitz_by_nssanchez-d5iaglc.jpg (248.96 KiB) Viewed 1135 times
Here is the place for all the OOC chatter and general discussion.
Last edited by Bluehorse on Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: Off Duty (OOC)

#2 Post by GreyWolfVT »

nice image that is from the cartoon i used to watch when i was a lot younger ;)
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by Bluehorse »

GreyWolfVT wrote:nice image that is from the cartoon i used to watch when i was a lot younger ;)
Yeah and I loved and still love the cartoons. We were all younger then. But now I have the joy of watching my own sons get into the same cartoons I did and it made for a great addition to our summer. tRGB and EGB were a big part of my childhood and early adult years and will remain cannon here. Sorry, this is taking so long folks, but I promise I am working hard to get this all up around the beginning of the school year.

GreyWolfVT

#4 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Yeah Brett you are a crazy man starting a pbp game up right as the school year is about to start up. Plus if you run that group at the school again with the students you'll be hard pressed ;)
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by Bluehorse »

GreyWolfVT wrote:Yeah Brett you are a crazy man starting a pbp game up right as the school year is about to start up. Plus if you run that group at the school again with the students you'll be hard pressed ;)
Actually there was a church group in town that convinced out admin to get rid of it. I have to do the spelling bee this year instead :(

GreyWolfVT

#6 Post by GreyWolfVT »

oh boy i know how those go. Been around church groups that swore D&D is practicing black magic and devil worship. :roll:

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by Bluehorse »

Yup. I had to meet with the Admins and everything. An "anonymous group" of parents brought in a petition on church stationary requesting the club and any like it be banned. Most of the signatures are not even parents for our school, just their congregation. Oh well... we had 1 epic year.

GreyWolfVT

#8 Post by GreyWolfVT »

well as the saying goes it was good while it lasted ;)

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by Bluehorse »

GreyWolfVT wrote:any chance there will be pre-gen. characters that we can choose from?
I wasn't planning on it but i will chat with you about it later and see what we come up with.

GreyWolfVT

#10 Post by GreyWolfVT »

alright was just curious since I don't have a general concept in mind and would be pretty much winging it Brett. ;)

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by Bluehorse »

GreyWolfVT wrote:alright was just curious since I don't have a general concept in mind and would be pretty much winging it Brett. ;)
My advice would be put 3 in each stat and i will allow you to adjust once after a couple missions.

GreyWolfVT

#12 Post by GreyWolfVT »

But I wanna be like Peter Venkman ;)

GreyWolfVT

#14 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Sounds like a plan to me.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Are we going for jovial or serious? I know it's got ghost busters, but it is also ghosts and demons. If GW wants a Venkman character, I'll go with fast and brainy, maybe. Unless we go for a darker feel...

I can't believe churches are still against role playing games! Don't they have better things to worry about, like the homeless, poverty, the Infirm, Injustice, etc? Brett, go and ask your local Unitarian Church to write letters asking for a role playing group. Unitarians are great that way. All paths are their own, and each is equally valid.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#17 Post by Bluehorse »

Rusty brings up a great point I wanted to discuss. GBs has always been famous for being one of the first movies to blend comedy and horror into something new and accessible. That being said, there are many stories, even in the animated series, that were quite dark. I often point to episodes like the Collect Call of Cthulu as an example. Also, the Extreme GBs were VERY dark. Also, there was Slimer! and the Real Ghostbusters, which was (mostly) zanny and extra kid friendly, especially towards the end of the series. So I think we need to establish now just what kind of mood we want for all this. On a scale of 1-10 1 being Dark and 10 being Loney Toons, where would you like it to be, and please define what that means for you... I think I will make this a pole.... But we need to also have a real discussion of what kinds of things you would like to see vs. things you would call off limits. Especially if I am going to be pulling from actual historical stories/folklore, it can get rather ugly, and where as I would never outright want to make anyone uncomfortable, I have no qualms of giving you the creeps if that is where you want to go with this. That being said.... Which do you want? Light, Dark, balanced somewhere in the middle?
vs.JPG
vs.JPG (39.77 KiB) Viewed 1103 times

Zeromancer
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#18 Post by Zeromancer »

Ah, there we are. Looks like I've been added to the forum now. I'll take a look through the rulebook today and probably narrow down which role I'd like to have my guy fill. As for the tone, I'll say that I enjoyed the first GB film (1984) over the slightly lighter sequel (1989). The RGB series was pretty good, though there were moments when it could get a little silly. The Slimer! spin off was NOT my thing at all, even as a kid I thought it was too campy. I never really watched EGB. On that scale, I'd like the game to remain in the 4-6 range. The occasional wisecrack or sliming of "Venkman's son" would be amusing, but let's not have our own pet ghost or junior GBs... -.-

GreyWolfVT

#19 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I'm pretty much just making a character with my real personality I can be brainy and smart when I have to be but generally I do like to joke and kid around being snarky and sarcastic as well. ;)

Zeromancer
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#20 Post by Zeromancer »

Yeah, in a modern era/real(ish) world game like this, I tend to play characters that have a skill set similar to my own. Computer mumbo jumbo, outdoors survival skills, general brainiac (not the Superman villain)... It's generally easier to write what you know, as they say. Still, I did have an idea to play the great grandson of a firefighter who actually had been assigned to the original Ghostbusters HQ before it became their HQ. Thought it might be fun to have a link to the past, but not specifically related to a character. On that note, will this team be making use of the firehouse or have their own lair?

Return to “OOC Archive”