- Maurice, the pygmy owl (NPC)
- Craige the Mule (NPC)
- Daystar the Mule (NPC)

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Expedition: Clay and the Warden's Tomb - 19 August 2021

#2 Post by Zhym »

Looks like Smoglea's joining us, too. It's going to be really interesting when all these pacifist followers of Beith find out about Smoglea's new sword.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#3 Post by Alethan »

When the group is gathered together, making plans for their trip, Willow clears her throat and stands to address them.

"I know we are gathering to head out on an expedition to the Warden's Tomb, somewhere north of lone mountain, but I have a... a thing I need to do, as well. And it's something I can't really control. Those witches in the sinking tower laid a geas upon me, to make me retrieve an item called the Glass Pillar from the sinking Crystal Tower. They need me to return it to their tower and what they call the Center of All Things. If I don't do this, I will be subject to a wasting disease or curse or... something terrible I'd rather not think about."

"Clint, Bianca, you were with me when we entered that tower and saw the masked witches. You ate the food with me and were likely placed under their charms, as I was. I don't know how you fought the urge to have your reading - apparently you are mentally stronger than I am - because I felt I had no choice in the matter when they asked us to step forward. But I've since fought off that charm and am clear of mind. And I see them for what they are! Those are not mere mortal witches living in that tower; I think it likely they are a trio of... of medusae. Of snake-haired creatures of evil, bent on domination and corruption of the land."

"Think about it. Winnie spoke with the rats, who said the witches turn statues into mud. Why is that? And where do the statues come from? They are the statues of their victims, turned to mud to hide the evidence of their nature. And what happened when Winnie tried to touch the tarot cards? The sounds of dozens of snakes filled the room! Snakes that we could not see, because they were hidden under the hoods of the witches."

"I have to get the glass pillar, but... I think they made a mistake when they laid their spell upon me. They simply said I needed to return the pillar to the Center of All Things; they didn't say I needed to actually give the pillar to them! I haven't fully thought out a plan for dealing with them, but... I know I can work it out. But first I need help getting the pillar. I was wondering if you all would help me."

"If..."she falters, "if you do not want to help, then I do understand. I have no idea what to expect at this crystal tower. But it is not far from the Warden's Tomb. (ooc: three hexes directly north) Once we retrieve the item that Clay needs, I will head north from there for the glass pillar, alone if I have to..."
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by Zhym »

Clint grapples with Willow's news. He scratches his head and gives her a blank look.

"So...the nice ladies in the tower weren't nice? Or ladies?" he asks slowly. "But they were so...nice! And their food was so good! No one bad could make food that good, right?" Uncertainty crosses his face.

"Maybe they're nice medusas? They could have stoned us. But they' didn't! And maybe they really need the glass pillar!" Confidence returns to his well-chiseled face. "Yes! We should help them, don't you think?"

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#5 Post by Alethan »

Willow gives Clint a quizzical look with a raised eyebrow for a brief moment and then it suddenly dawns on her. Their stalwart, handsome, and somewhat dimwitted paladin traveling companion is likely still under the charming effects of the food.

"Yes, Clint," she responds with a smile. "We should help them."

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by Jernau35 »

Tollander went to ask Clay if Clay was interested in taking him along right at the point when Clay heard from the guardsmen and ran out.

Assuming Tollander catches up with Clay later, is there any interest in taking him along?
Chance of being Suprised: 33%

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by Zhym »

At this point, I'm not sure our leader isn't going to run off on another mission. Hearing that the Big Bad Werewolf knows where the Orb is may have changed his priorities.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by Bluehorse »

Bianca

what could possibly go wrong?

Walks up to Clay. This beast was able to get into the Sacred Grove. That means it was able compensate the wards there. We may be inable to find safe haven, but if we can continue to put distance between us and it, perhaps that if offer us some chance of avoiding it.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by Bluehorse »

Since Clay came to Beith's Watch instead of Bianca and Willow (Barra?) having to go back to Gaul, Bianca will have stayed the full time in the Witch Wood, eating good meals and getting good rest.

Rather than purchasing rations, she will have spent time during those days foraging for whatever she could find both food and medicine wise, possibly as part of her daily duties and share with her sisters as well, giving half of what she finds to the "general supply" as it were.

Bianca will make it a point of finding Bara to check on her in general, ask about Halla, worried their relationship might have been strained given her reaction to the end of their last trip. Finally, she will ask if Bara would be interested in joining them for another trip with Clay.

When does the 1 healing potion benefit from the grove kick in? That could be very handy for us on this trip considering how many faithful we have coming along.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

The potion benefit should be immediate, as Vassar already had 9 made from Clay's mushroom hole. (Yeah, that's right. Clay has a magical mushroom hole. 8-) ) If Berra comes, she gets a potion too, as a sworn ranger.

Clay gathers his companions on August 19 and heads out. He is accompanied by his mastiff, Morr, a pygmy owl, Maurice, and Clarabelle, the ranger. Clarabelle has Craig, the mule, and notes he carries 20 days rations and his own feed in case they are needed.

Clay spends time sharing his vision with the others. When I was reincarnated, Beith showed me that her conduit to our world, The Well of the Worlds, was capped by the Wardens in ages past. He power still seeps through, but it has been manipulated. First by the Wardens, and later by their servants, the Morlocks, who have used it to create the many hybrid creatures we find here.
At first I thought I should try to destroy all hybrids, but reflection has made me realize I am unsure how long this has been going on. I do not know if centaurs and other creatures are hybrids. And in the end, I do not think it matters. These creatures live and are part of this world. Opening the Well is my primary focus. Once Beith's power is free again, she can decide what happens, as is her prerogative.

He continues to describe that the chief Warden was buried with arod that can break the enchantments on the Well of the Worlds. The Tomb is very far north. I hope to get there and then return here with the rod. Finding the Well is likely for another outing. There is an invisible tiger-hybrid in our lands named Kumsar. He is wild, but reasonable. I hope he can show me the way to the Well when the time is right.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

whoops. I somehow missed all of your posts! addressing them now:
Bluehorse wrote:Bianca

what could possibly go wrong?

Walks up to Clay. This beast was able to get into the Sacred Grove. That means it was able compensate the wards there. We may be inable to find safe haven, but if we can continue to put distance between us and it, perhaps that if offer us some chance of avoiding it.
Clay confides to the group that the Orb is now in different hands. [dialog[I believe it's common knowledge that the dwarf, Neegan, has it now. I don't think it will come after us or out community now. But just in case, we need to be watchful.[/dialog]

He addresses Willow, My voyage North is a geas too. I don't think Beith will mind if I detour farther north in aid of one of her druids. Besides, we're safer together. We can come up with a plan regarding the witches later.He points out to Clint what Willow already said, We'll do what they said and bring it to their home. They didn't say to give it to them though.
Clay asks if anyone else in the group might have a great on then as well. If so, they might not be as intuitive as you, Willow. They may be in danger or word, bring them things that they shouldn't have access to. We can send them word of their deception.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#12 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Smoglea merely stands there listening to everyone talk having no clue what he got himself into so he just admires how his new sword looks sheathed to his belt.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Clay, Clarabelle, More and Maurice all had good meals from July 24-Aug 19. +2 to all saving throws for 3 days.
Last edited by Rusty Tincanne on Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#14 Post by Alethan »

Willow had good meals the whole time she was in town. (-21gp, +2 to all saving throws for three days.)

She purchases 2 weeks of trail rations and makes sure she has six large sacks with her.

She inquires about purchasing a potion of Extra Healing before they head out from Beith's Watch. She likewise picks up her gifted potion of Extra Healing from the Witch Wood.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#15 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Smoglea admits "I don't have much coin left for purchasing rations but I do have 10 days worth on me."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

changes to my earlier post:

Clay, Morr and Maurice all had common meals while at Beith's Watch.

Clarabelle ate good meals at her parents tavern, never once thinking to share with her badger-boss, from July 24-Aug 19. +2 to all saving throws for 3 days.

Clay, Clarabelle, Craig the Mule, Maurice and Morr are under 60#.

Clay reassures Smoglea that Beith will provide. Although sometimes she doesn't. It's her way of keeping things in balance. But this time of year we wouldn't be wrong to hope for berries, honeycombs, wild greens and a fattened vole, err... Marmot or two. Perhaps a moose or elk so far north.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#17 Post by Alethan »

Willow indicates she is ready to depart.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#19 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Clay thanks Bianca for bringing tormentil flowers to the Witchwood. Vassar has been brewing probs from the mushrooms beneath Beith's Watch, but they could only be harvested once each week, limiting or supply. With your foresight, he can brew plenty for our community.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by Bluehorse »

Bianca

The elf gives a wane smile. We serve The Lady. I am just happy they seemed to like it here. The purple is nice and if it benefits us in turn as it thrives, then all the better. The odd elf looks back at Clay, not staring, not trying not to. You were futunate, it seems.

Return to “History - Completed Expeditions”