The Road Over the Mountains

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: The Road Over the Mountains

#41 Post by Zhym »

The Wichita Kid also holsters his guns. "How do. Name's Ted. They call me the Wichita Kid," he asserts, despite the fact that no one ever does.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#42 Post by Rex »

Nahum

Nahum hops down and starts to help free the wagon. "My names Nahum, what has in these parts?"

wapsii
Strider
Strider

#43 Post by wapsii »

"And I'm Rusty. Glad we could be of assistance. If we get your buggy out of the snow could you lead us to some shelter for the evening?"

OOC: Is there a bounty on wolves?

Black Wyvern
Guide
Guide

#44 Post by Black Wyvern »

"Well certainly gentlemen. Burned Bush Wells isn't far off. I was just down the road delivering Jed Parsin's newest child. The wolves have grown bold and the hour late. I guess they figured they would eat me and my horse. Follow me and I will put you up for the night in my office." He says once you get his buggy unstuck.

The doctor leads you down the snow covered trail as the sun sets. You pull your coats tight around your necks to keep out the cold. About an hour after dark you come over a ridge line and look down at two short lines of lights that mark the town of Burned Bush Wells. As you approach you see the town is about three dozen buildings running down a straight line that makes up the main street. Doctor Klaber pulls up at a livery stable and steps down from his buggy. The elderly fellow shakes from the cold. "My office is just down the street. We can put your horses in the livery, there should be stalls and hay enough for all of them."

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#45 Post by Scott308 »

Samuel "Shootout" Stokes

That is a fine idea, Doc. Let's take care of these horses and get somewhere warm.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#46 Post by Rex »

Nahum

Nahum follows along to the livery, then back to the Doc's office. Why thank you sir, my father always says "One good turn deserves another."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#47 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Sawbones follows along with the others, helping wherever he can.

He takes care to watch the real doctor's actions with great interest, hoping to learn anything he can.

"It's awfully kind of ya ta offer ta put us up for the night, doc. Much obliged, I'm sure!"

Once inside the mans office, Sawbones acts like a kid in a candy store, looking around at all of the neat instruments and strange books.

wapsii
Strider
Strider

#48 Post by wapsii »

"Mighty obliged to you for taking us in." Rusty says as he stables his horse.

Black Wyvern
Guide
Guide

#49 Post by Black Wyvern »

You spend a warm if somewhat snug night at the doctor's office. There is one surgical table, a couch and a bit of floor space. The next morning comes with heavy snow fall, wind and below zero temps.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#50 Post by Zhym »

"Ain't fixing to go out in that less'n I have to," says the Kid. "Not fit for man nor beast out there."

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#51 Post by Rex »

Nahum

"Agreed, staying put till this blows over."

Scott308

#52 Post by Scott308 »

Samuel "Shootout" Stokes

Now, I agree it is mighty unpleasant out there, but maybe we should think about pushin' on. We did the Doc here a good turn, but he ain't likely to want us staying here too long. The man runs a business here. Can't rightly make a living with us in the way. He did us a kindness by letting us spend the night, but we don't want to impose on his hospitality. Least-ways, I don't. Can't really speak for the rest of you.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#53 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Sawbones isn't too keen on going real far in this weather, but he is getting thirsty.

"We could get out of here and go look for a nice warm saloon, right? There must be more than just a doctors office nearby."

Buttoning up tight, he heads out the door to see what else this podunk town has to offer.

Scott308

#54 Post by Scott308 »

Samuel "Shootout" Stokes

Now that sounds like an excellent idea. I do believe I shall join you. Anyone else? Sam will follow after Sawbones, hoping the nearest tavern is quite close in this bitter cold.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#55 Post by Zhym »

"I guess I could brave the cold for a drink and some hot food," admits Ted.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#56 Post by Rex »

Nahum

"That sounds excellent, this weather has me a bit thirsty." Nahum grabs his stuff and heads for the door.

wapsii
Strider
Strider

#57 Post by wapsii »

"I'll come as well, no sense in risking going stir crazy here." Rusty says as he starts to bundle up.

Black Wyvern
Guide
Guide

#58 Post by Black Wyvern »

That constitutes the trip over the mountains. Move to Burned Bush Wells!

Return to “Go Heeled [Boot Hill 2nd Edition]”