Fourth Expedition

beermotor
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: Fourth Expedition

#101 Post by beermotor »

"Through there," Grim says, pointing at the diagonal door, "is where they fell." He smells the air for gold/gems again.

Cisneros coughs. "What I ... need is ... east. Somewhere."

Was that passageway to the left there before? I don't think it was... actually, I think it was, I just drew it wrong, on the right (maybe you described it wrong!). Does Cisneros feel any particular attachment to that corridor, does it look like the way to go?
Barrowmaze Map (by Grim Oddson and Gunnar Ottarson): Updated 03/14/13

Barrowmaze Characters (Active in Expedition 5):
Gunnar Ottarson (Dwarf 1): AC 16 HP 7/7
Daryll One-ear (Thief 1): AC 13 HP 4/4
Cisneros (Elf 1): AC 11 HP 6/6
Howard Phillipson (Wizard 1): AC 13 HP 5/9

Raven Crowking
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#102 Post by Raven Crowking »

beermotor wrote:Was that passageway to the left there before? I don't think it was... actually, I think it was, I just drew it wrong, on the right (maybe you described it wrong!). Does Cisneros feel any particular attachment to that corridor, does it look like the way to go?
In order: Maybe & if he does, it is not judge-directed! Which is not to say Yes or No.

beermotor
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#103 Post by beermotor »

Gunnar says "If Pikar's body is through there, then that's where we should go."
Grim nods. "All right men, keep movin'. Keep that pole tapping, too."

He marches the party through the diagonal door.

Raven Crowking
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#104 Post by Raven Crowking »

The passage opens onto an area that is about 10 feet deep by 30 feet wide, with the extra 20 feet to the east. There is a door opposite the one you opened...or it would be opposite if the wall your door is in was not on a slant. The door is on the southern wall.

beermotor
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#105 Post by beermotor »

"Onward, through there," Grim says.

IIRC, there's a pit on the other side of the door in the hallway beyond, so we'll watch out for that.

Once through the door, Grim will smell for gold/gems again.

Raven Crowking
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#106 Post by Raven Crowking »

The passage goes 10 feet, and then turns to the right. The floor ahead is splattered with blood stains.

knight.errant
Strider
Strider

#107 Post by knight.errant »

Kadatheron squints at the bloodstained floor,"I think we maybe getting closer to your friend. Let us hope he has remained...fallen."

Ellie glances nervously about, but only when no one is looking. If anyone is looking, she tries to look observant and not scared.

Jeren tries to stop his teeth from chattering. Unsuccessfully.

Podrick tightens his grip on his weapon, tensing for what lurks in the darkness.

beermotor
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#108 Post by beermotor »

Grim's jaw sets hard. Gunnar's eyes go wide, and his face pales.

"This is it," Grim whispers. "Get ready, they might still be there... eating."

He motions to group forward, still tapping with the pole.

Forward and around the corner to the south...

Raven Crowking
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#109 Post by Raven Crowking »

The party turns the corner, sighting another 10' of corridor before the hallway turns to the left. The walls and floor are covered with old gore and dried blood, but there is no sign of any creature. To the immediate right, there is a bricked-up archway with several bricks removed. Something like a sledgehammer might make short work of it now, or perhaps several crowbars could create a passage large enough to squeeze through.

beermotor
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#110 Post by beermotor »

Grim sniffs the air beyond the bricked-up archway. Does he smell any gems or gold?

"We should keep moving down here. Look for the bodies. This is where they fell," Grim says.

Raven Crowking
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#111 Post by Raven Crowking »

The dwarf sticks his nose close to the opening and takes a good, long sniff. Somewhere within, beyond the smells of mould and old, mouldering bones, and the unmistakable scent of rats or rat droppings, he can smell silver and gold.

He can see a dim hallway, some 60 feet long, with three doors to the left.

There are no obvious signs of the fallen adventurers from the last expedition, save the dried blood and gore.

Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#112 Post by Dogma »

"So where is they?'" Willem the halfling whispers hoarsely, wiping his sweaty hands on his pants as he eases the grip on his dagger. "Ain't the bodies of your friends suppos' ta be here?"

Corsair
Scout
Scout

#113 Post by Corsair »

"All this talk of bodies is beginning to chafe," mutters Torvin to Colgher Colgher. The turnip farmer nods absently, checking the grip on his pitchfork and staring into the shadows to try and discern any movement.

Themble Undergold, on the other hand, is practically beaming, being, as he is, in his element.

Can I have Themble check for secret doors?

Malgaliir the Elf steps up beside Cisneros. "When we stop, if there's a fire, I can brew you some wildbark tea. I don't know what's ailing you, but I find a good tea can soothe nearly anything."

beermotor
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#114 Post by beermotor »

Grim scowls. "I know this won't be pleasant for you, cousin, but there's a chance that Pikar's corpse is walking with them, now."

Gunnar grits his teeth.

"I wish Jed was here," Grim says. "He's following some dead god now, who's somehow attached to this place. He might could tell us what was going on, what was where."

Cisneros coughs violently for several minutes, before speaking. "Check ... for the ... bodies," he says, <cough cough wheeze> "south... of here ... then, come back ... here and ..." <cough> "break this wall ... down." <pant pant>

Daryl, bringing up the rear, snarls. "Oh no, no you don't," he says, in a low voice. "Bangin on that damn wall's what brought them things on us in the first place." He glares at everyone. "We need to do this QUIETLY."

Grim nods. "Yes. Let's move on a bit further, and see what's south of here."

Grim will direct the group to the south, 10' pole still tapping at the floors and occasionally the walls as they're walking, slowly. Daryll will keep a sharp lookout to the rear, he's holding a torch and wearing his shield.

beermotor
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#115 Post by beermotor »

Corsair wrote: Malgaliir the Elf steps up beside Cisneros. "When we stop, if there's a fire, I can brew you some wildbark tea. I don't know what's ailing you, but I find a good tea can soothe nearly anything."
Cisneros smiles, a forced, pained expression that looks ghastly in the torchlight. He's pale and sickly looking. "Thank you... but what ... ails me ... is ..." <cough, hack hack wheeze hack> "quite beyond... your tea." He draws the robes aside to show the gaping, oozing wound caused by his own knife. "It's my ... patron's bond..." <cough cough> "My body ... is shattered, until the ... proper sacrifice is made."

Raven Crowking
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#116 Post by Raven Crowking »

Themble pauses to search the area for secret doors, but discovers nothing that seems to indicate one.

The passage to the south appears to be 20 feet long, then passes through an arch. It continues on past the arch for 30 feet before turning to the southeast. Halfway along the segment past the arch, to the right, you can see a place where a bricked-up wall has been burst asunder, spewing bricks across the hallway.

Immediately to the south, 10 feet from the arch, prodding reveals a covered pit. It is possible to skirt the lip of the pit and continue south, if that is what you wish to do. In Cisneros' dream, there were two archways, but they were set close together, and Cisneros was going to the east.

beermotor
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#117 Post by beermotor »

"Let's keep going down there a while. See what's there," Grim says.

Daryll keeps looking behind them.

Grim leads the party to the southeast.

Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#118 Post by Dogma »

beermotor wrote: Cisneros smiles, a forced, pained expression that looks ghastly in the torchlight. He's pale and sickly looking. "Thank you... but what ... ails me ... is ..." <cough, hack hack wheeze hack> "quite beyond... your tea." He draws the robes aside to show the gaping, oozing wound caused by his own knife. "It's my ... patron's bond..." <cough cough> "My body ... is shattered, until the ... proper sacrifice is made."
Jonas turns away from the oozing wound in Cisneros's side. With his hand at his mouth, he fights to keep the contents of his stomach where they are. By the Gods! Why would someone do that to themselves!

Stomach under control, he edges away from the elf and into the center of the group, putting some distance between himself and the oozing wound.

The others just continue to nervously clutch their weapons and keep watch as they follow Grim to their doom.
Last edited by Dogma on Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Corsair
Scout
Scout

#119 Post by Corsair »

Malgaliir nods politely, then moves away from Cisneros to walk behind his Dwarven companion.

"Nothing," says Themble. "I guess we keep following."

Colgher and Torvid say nothing, but keep close to the other Humans as much as possible.
Last edited by Corsair on Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

knight.errant
Strider
Strider

#120 Post by knight.errant »

Ellie watches Grim and wonders what kind of power a dead god would offer his worshipers. And what other gods might seek followers in a place like this.

Kadatheron lets his hand drift to his dagger handle.

Return to “DCC RPG Barrowmaze”