#21 Post by Storm11 »

with the unseen servant.
Greys Campaign.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: Jamal: Asides - Chapter 5.1 - Adventure 5.1

#22 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Digging in Sand

Hours pass and the unseen servant digs the dao from the sands the dao is bound in chains now Jamal has to figure out how to remove the chains. Caiphas "So you dug me out now what is the plan for these chains? They sap my power and are magical." the dao asks the Sha'ir looking hopeful that the halfling has a plan in mind. The chains don't appear to have any type of lock or anything that is holding them in place they are secure and not loose at all yet somehow the magical chain is all one length of chain attached to itself.

Actions?
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#23 Post by Storm11 »

Jamal peers at the chains. Hmmmm. Do you think a knock spell or perhaps a reduce enchantment. What do you think Alara? he asks distracted.

The wind gen shrugs her shoulders and floats up into the sky. Your the wizard. So wizz!”

A reduce spell first my dear I think, if you don’t mind Genie being shrunk for a while, less than an hour for sure?

If the dao doesn’t mind he sends Alara off for the reduction spell. She is back within five minutes smiling. [1d100] = 35 : [1d6+1] = 4+1 = 5 : [1d6+2] = 6+2 = 8 : [1d6+3] = 1+3 = 4 : [1d6+4] = 5+4 = 9

I have it master, just as you asked. she says beaming.

Excellent my dear. Now stand back! With that he intones the words of the spell and casts it at the chained genie dramatically and ...

[1d100] = 43 Successfully.

Motes of magic swirl around the dao as his form begins to shrink.
Greys Campaign.

GreyWolfVT

#24 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Freeing a Dao

Jamal through quick thinking and being a wizz comes up with a genius plan to shrink the Dao to free him from the chains. The Dao agrees to the terms so long as it frees him he is more than willing. Alara returns with the spell Jamal casts it expertly and the Dao shrinks and the chains loosen and fall around him. The Dao is freed finally after decades of being trapped in sand and magical chains. Even in his reduced form he stretches and feels better after being humbled and cramped in the confines of his little prison.

Caiphas looking at Jamal the Dao smiles "Now as promised what are your three wishes my kind Sha'ir?" he asks arms folded across his chest.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#25 Post by Storm11 »

Jamal thinks carefully, eying the freed genie suspiciously. Alara rings her hands tightly as she flits about, anxious.

You are welcome. My first wish is that whenever I next call out your name you will magically appear immediately and give whatever aid I ask of you without perverting my desire. My next wish is for a wand of paralyzation that is at least half fully charged with its magic to appear in my hand with its command word written upon it. My last wish would be to transport me and Alara instantly to a safe place 20 feet away from my companion Benham the sha’ir’s current position.
Greys Campaign.

GreyWolfVT

#26 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Caiphas "You're first wish is granted though I am not happy with it as I expressed my desire to never return here and yet you ask that I do." he makes some motions of casting magics and a want appears in his hands the words 'abqaa makanak' carved on it he hands it over to Jamal "Here you are your second wish is done this wand has half the full charges and the command word carved on it it is a wand of paralysis as you asked." granted you never expressed how many charges total a full charge would be so this will be fun ;) "As for your third wish are you sure that is your final wish? I do not know who your friends are so the last will be harder to complete."

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#27 Post by Storm11 »

Jamal thinks for a moment. Do you know Mahara? He’s an old hermit out in the valley of echoes! he asks amiably. Hey now, I DID just free you. I promise it won’t be anything overly long to undertake. No more than a single day at the most! Is that fair?” he asks the Little dao.

Alara, be a dear and fetch me a magic missile spell would you? Just in case the gang are in trouble. I know we are invisible but ..”

The sha’ir awaits to know if the tiny genie knows of Mahara.
Greys Campaign.

GreyWolfVT

#28 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Caiphas "I have only heard the name Mahara mentioned by some of the passersby that refused to free me as they did not believe me other than than I know not who this Mahara is. The Valley of Echos I know as we are in that area. I know of a vale along a goat trail that has some caves maybe this is the place you wish to go?" the Dao asks Jamal.

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#29 Post by Storm11 »

[1d100] = 98 : [1d6+1] = 3+1 = 4 : [1d6+2] = 5+2 = 7 : [1d6+3] = 4+3 = 7 : [1d6+4] = 5+4 = 9

Alara vanishes and is gone for only four minutes before returning empty handed. No joy!

Hmmmm. Damn. How about Burning hands then? the grumps. With that Alara is gone again.

Once the gen returns with a spell I would like to go to the caves yes. Just outside in fact. Jamal says.

7 minutes later Alara returns smiling. Burning hands master! she exclaims.

Well done. We are ready Genie. To the caves and a safe location on the ground within a 100 yards of the caves please.
Greys Campaign.

GreyWolfVT

#30 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Caiphas nods "So be it so shall it be done." a blinding flash and a cloud of fog and the next thing you know you are seeing and hearing Asad and the others in battle with apparently a very large hyena and the Dao is nowhere in sight. You now can post in the regular Chapter 5 Adventure 5 IC if you'd like.

Return to “Archive”