Chapter #4: Adventure #4 Eleven Baneful Gates - Part 2

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: Chapter #4: Adventure #4 Eleven Baneful Gates - Part 2

#521 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Ok so what are we doing her next moves? Anyone going to another room or what is the plan?

Maps:
Current Room
The Bigger picture
Azaltin's Palace Explored partial.JPG
Azaltin's Palace Explored partial.JPG (79.56 KiB) Viewed 3023 times
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#522 Post by Scott308 »

Benham Iskandar

The sha'ir will open the eastern door in the southern wall.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#523 Post by ravenn4544 »

Asad snores and snores.

GreyWolfVT

#524 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Scott308 wrote:Benham Iskandar

The sha'ir will open the eastern door in the southern wall.
The room opens and reveals a small empty room from the looks of it it was probably a storage room but all the shelves and anything else that was once here are now dust and cobwebs.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#525 Post by Dram »

Anuzal- Once Benham clears the room he checked. He opens the door next to it.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#526 Post by Bluehorse »

Emma

Will of course stick with the group but point out... There is a door that would lead to the same room through one of the other doors on the north end of the large Garden of Forgetfulness but through the secondary door... If you head east from Emma's position and then south, there is another door east It would seem reasonable to think that a secondary entrance into a large room is less likely to be the one trapped. What are your thoughts?

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#527 Post by Cwreando »

Abrex

Abrex says, "Perhaps those less sturdy should stand behind Ishaq and I. Allow Anuzual to check out the doors first before we move through them. Emma you are wise for seeing that another way may be less hazardous. I'll go which ever way Anuzual wishes to travel though."

OOC - Not sure if we have a posted Marching order....I can either stay in marching order if one is set or up by anuzal or in back with Emma.

IC - If no direction is chosen Abrex says, "Anuzual can you check the door to the South center for traps and unlock if necessary just to clear all the rooms before going further east?"
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
Durgo Brigthboon Fighter Human Level 3 - Spearment's Barromaze

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#528 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Dubb

Dubb nods at the sage advice from Emma. "This place houses the eleven baneful gates, right? Something about a path to immortality? Do you suppose we have to pass each one, or could we be more selective in our path?"

Dubb looks around. "It seems that the entire complex is setup to slowly erode adventuring parties. I suggest we touch nothing else or engage with anything else unless it appears holy." He turns to look at the spell-casters with a wink. "No offense, but in my experience, arcane magics are more commonly used for mischief."

With that, he moves for the door to the area Emma suggested. The eastern door in the small 2x2 room SE of the group.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#529 Post by Dram »

Anuzal checks the South Center door for traps then check it to see if it is open or needs to to be picked very cautiously . Everone stay back in case it is trapped.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

GreyWolfVT

#530 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Room 5: Southeast door closest to room 4

No traps are found and the door does not appear to be locked. Opening the door just enough to see into the room you notice, the walls of this chamber/room are covered with 12 tall mirrors, ornately framed with gold. Aside from that nothing else is in the room. Other than the mirrors nothing else is seen within the room. The dust on the floor shows that nobody has been in this room for quite some time. It is noted that there aren't any skeletons in the is room that you can see either.

Note: The door is only held open enough to look into the room. Please try to be very specific in what you do. If I have any questions I'll PM or ask in OOC topic.

Updated Map:
Azaltin's Palace rm5 peek reveal.JPG
Azaltin's Palace rm5 peek reveal.JPG (101.49 KiB) Viewed 2960 times
Actions?

Scott308

#531 Post by Scott308 »

Benham Iskandar

Hmm... the sha'ir contemplates after hearing a description of the room. He will send one of his skeletons into the room. Enter the room, walk to the far end, and return to me, he instructs the minion. He asks whomever was peeking into the room to Please keep an eye to see if anything happens to it while in the room.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#532 Post by Cwreando »

Abrex

Abrex says, "I will grab onto your armor Anuzual and if something goes wrong I will pull you back away from the door ok?"

If no objection from Anuzual he gets ahold of a good part of Anuzual's armor and is ready to pull him back out of harms way.
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active

GreyWolfVT

#533 Post by GreyWolfVT »

One of the Skeletons in Benham's entourage enters the room looks around with it's eyeless skull shrugs its shoulders and returns. It moves it's mouth as if talking but no words come from the undead minion.

sorry i was just really role playing a skeleton has no vocal cords or eyes so it really can't see granted i should have them bumping into things as well....but in this case I'm playing it sort of my way i guess you can say.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#534 Post by Bluehorse »

Emma

Is thinking and then huffs. Fine... I have an idea. So most traps... so I would think... would be rigged to hit someone standing before the door as it opens or as someone passes the threshold, right? Someone throw me in... hard. Maybe I can move fast than the trap can activate then see what is inside, maybe even be able to deactivate the traps from the other side. Thoughts?

tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#535 Post by tarlyn »

Ishaq

Counting on his fingers, Ishaq is thinking.

"So, isn't there something to do with eleven gates, but here there are twelve mirrors here.

Can a mirror be a gate or a door?.
"I drained the soul of a monk once....... It tasted like Chocolate."

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#536 Post by Dram »

Anuzal listening ti Ishaq looks for a small pebble or object to toss at one of the mirrors. Everyone stand back as I open the door the rest the way. He stands at the backside of the door And slowly pushes the door open carefully. If nothing happens he will toss the pebble at the first mirror.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

Scott308

#537 Post by Scott308 »

Benham Iskandar
Bluehorse wrote:Emma

Is thinking and then huffs. Fine... I have an idea. So most traps... so I would think... would be rigged to hit someone standing before the door as it opens or as someone passes the threshold, right? Someone throw me in... hard. Maybe I can move fast than the trap can activate then see what is inside, maybe even be able to deactivate the traps from the other side. Thoughts?
Ahh. See, this is why I sent the skeleton in. If there were any traps that would be triggered by someone walking through the doorway, the skeleton would likely have set it off. My other concern has to do with the mirrors. Unfortunately, the skeleton is unable to properly look at something, so if the mirrors have some sort of foul purpose, it remains unknown to us. I fear that if we look into the mirror, or possibly even allow the mirror to cast our reflection, something could occur. Jafar! Fetch me the Detect Magic spell!

Jafar pops into the room a few seconds later. Here is your spell, master! By the way, I notice you do not yell at your new minions nearly as much as you yell at me, master. Perhaps one wishes they practiced necromancy and hung out with corpses instead of genies? If I displease you, master, you can always dismiss me.

The sha'ir gives the efreetkin a hard glare before waving him away. Leave me for now. He then casts Detect Magic and looks into the room, checking to see if any of the mirrors are indeed magical.

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#538 Post by Cwreando »

Abrex

Abrex stays out of any mirror reflection but near Anuzual to be able to grab him or Emma to yank them back if needed.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#539 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Dubb

"This is what I referred to. Nothing good can come from this room. Let's leave it and come back if we need. I like that room with the food smell, it seems as if that trap is obvious."

Dubb hangs back, hesitant to enter or look into a room of mirrors. "We could always break them..." He muses.

Scott308

#540 Post by Scott308 »

Benham Iskandar

You know, Dubb, I like that idea. This room...I feel there is some sort of foul magic we shall need to deal with from the mirrors.

Return to “Archive”