Chapter One: The Lost Tower of Balaz-kai

sonofotho
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: Chapter One: The Lost Tower of Balaz-kai

#281 Post by sonofotho »

ooc: Ok, Haroun takes another swig and smiles. He counts about 10 more bottles of the stuff. You can take them, but it will be a bit of a load. There is no doubt it is a very special wine (assuming the other bottles contain the same).

Normally Xantius or Jayamanka have led things. I will NPC Xantius, but will not 'lead'. As such, I will let Jaya (or others) direct the course of actions.

So, you are all in a pantry/storeroom/wine cellar beneath the tower. Haroun has pilfered the bottles (and had a couple long pulls, but still has his wits about him...for now). Jasper has checked the only door for traps and found none (nor heard anything beyond). Jaya has begun to recover although she is not at 100% yet.

Actions?

LtTibbles
Ranger
Ranger

#282 Post by LtTibbles »

Skagvurd will close the door he's been watching and make his way over to Jasper. "Seems this is the only way out, I'll take point." When everyone is gathered he'll ready his hammer to strike at anything on the other side of the door, looking at Jasper to open it.

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#283 Post by badams30 »

Jasper - Rogue

Jasper stands by staring at Skavgurd for a moment, then realizes he's waiting on him to open the door. "Oh, oops, sorry! Alright, let's see what's behind here, shall we?" And assuming everyone is prepared, he opens the door, stepping back as he does so, giving everyone a clear view of what's beyond.

Captain Kinkajou
Ranger
Ranger

#284 Post by Captain Kinkajou »

Jayamanka

Using the wall to support herself, Jayamanka grits her teeth and moves painfully over to join the others. The effects of the poison in her body are gradually starting to subside but she is clearly not yet recovered enough to return to the front. At least she can once again stand and walk unaided. It means she does not feel such a burden and Skagvurd is free to take point instead of supporting her.

She keeps pushing herself onward, straining against the stiffness in her limbs so that she might eventually overcome it entirely.

Since Haroun has her spear and is currently better able to use it than she is, the huntress takes her javelin from the sheathe on her back. For now, she uses it mainly for support but it is a comfort to have a weapon in her hand once again.

Longfingers
Scout
Scout

#285 Post by Longfingers »

Haroun

Haroun looked between the spear he held in his left hand and the half empty bottle in his right. With an obvious effort of will, he stoppered the flask and put it carefully back in the crate. See you later, my lovelies he cooed, before retaking his place ready to move on.

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#286 Post by badams30 »

Longfingers wrote:Haroun

Haroun looked between the spear he held in his left hand and the half empty bottle in his right. With an obvious effort of will, he stoppered the flask and put it carefully back in the crate. See you later, my lovelies he cooed, before retaking his place ready to move on.
Jasper winks at Haroun and points toward the bottles and says in a whisper "we'll come back for these, don't worry...."

sonofotho
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#287 Post by sonofotho »

badams30 wrote:Jasper - Rogue

Jasper stands by staring at Skavgurd for a moment, then realizes he's waiting on him to open the door. "Oh, oops, sorry! Alright, let's see what's behind here, shall we?" And assuming everyone is prepared, he opens the door, stepping back as he does so, giving everyone a clear view of what's beyond.
The door opens with little trouble. Jasper peers through with his torch held high. The door opens into a hallway which runs to the west about thirty feet before ending. As with the previous hallway, this corridor is smoothly cut from the rock.

At the end of the hall on the north wall, the rogue sees a closed door.

ooc: Actions?

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#288 Post by badams30 »

Jasper - Rogue

Jasper glances about, and seeing the door at the end of the hall, he smiles and whispers "Shall I go check it out?"

If the group is okay with it, Jasper will quietly move down the hall - checking the door for traps, and seeing if it's locked.

Captain Kinkajou
Ranger
Ranger

#289 Post by Captain Kinkajou »

Jayamanka

"Take care Jasper," the huntress advises. "And, be sure you run swiftly should you see anything."

She moves up closer to the doorway, where she can look past the others and watch his progress. Her movements are still strained and she leans heavily against her javelin for support, but she is a lot more mobile than she was only a short while before.

LtTibbles
Ranger
Ranger

#290 Post by LtTibbles »

Skagvurd nods to Jasper.

"I'll keep keep an eye on you, if you see me charging duck out of my way."

Longfingers
Scout
Scout

#291 Post by Longfingers »

Haroun

Haroun readied his spear and moved to stand beside Skagvurd. Careful, Jasper he whispered. Get out of there if you spot trouble.

sonofotho
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#292 Post by sonofotho »

Jasper sneaks quietly down the hallway towards the closed door. The rest of the party watch impatiently from the storeroom.

When the rogue reaches his destination without incident, he examines the door carefully. Similar to the door to the storeroom, this one is made of oak reinforced with metal bands.

He cocks his head to listen for anything beyond the door. Perhaps a faint hum or buzzing sound? He’s not sure.

He quickly, but quietly makes his way back to the group and relays what he has discovered.

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#293 Post by badams30 »

Jasper - Rogue

Jasper enthusiastically tells of the noise: "I think I heard some hummin' or maybe buzzin'. Sounds like somethin' is back there." Jasper smiles, and he winks at Jaymanka and says "You're lookin' a bit better, Miss. If yer feelin' a bit down, you should take a little swig of that hooch that Haroun found - it warms your guts." He looks about sheepishly and whispers"I'm going to ignore what mama told me, I'm gonna get a little more of that later... heh..."

Jasper stands by waiting for the party to move, wiping the dust from his spear tip with the edge of his shirt...

9littlebees
Tracker
Tracker

#294 Post by 9littlebees »

Xantius

"A buzzing, you say? Hmmm, I wonder if that could mean..." Xantius breaks off, staring into space. Then, without warning, he strides purposefully down the corridor, approaches the door, and knocks loudly on it, twice.

No idea what I'm doing here, I just thought I'd pick up the pace and throw caution to the wind!

sonofotho
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#295 Post by sonofotho »

Xantius' rap on the door goes unanswered. And the mage notices no change in the slight humming coming from beyond the door.

The hairs on the back of his neck stand up as he can feel a strong wave of magic emanating from whatever lies beyond.

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#296 Post by badams30 »

Jasper - Rogue

Jasper watches Xantius knock on the door and he gets wide-eyed and glances at the others, then back at Xantius. "Oh, that door gives me the willies, yes sir. Do be careful."

Although he's a man short of courage, he sprints down the hall with his spear ready to help Xantius should something come out of the door.

Captain Kinkajou
Ranger
Ranger

#297 Post by Captain Kinkajou »

Jayamanka

Still leaning heavily on her javelin for support, Jayamanka slowly makes her way down the hallway to join Xantius and Jasper. When she gets there, she does her best to ready herself for whatever might be behind the door.

"Any idea what we are facing?" she asks the wizard in a whisper.

LtTibbles
Ranger
Ranger

#298 Post by LtTibbles »

Skagvurd joins the rest in the hall ready to take the lead when he's needed to too.

"Loud buzzing...maybe flies?"

Longfingers
Scout
Scout

#299 Post by Longfingers »

Haroun

Those must be mighty flies indeed to be making such a racket said Haroun, not entirely comfortable with getting too close to the door. Let's hope it isn't dead flies he added, with a slight shudder. I've had enough of rotting corpses trying to feast upon my flesh in this gods forsaken place!

9littlebees
Tracker
Tracker

#300 Post by 9littlebees »

Xantius

"There is strong magic on the other side of this door." He sets his lantern on the ground and places a hand on the door's handle. "You all might want to stand back..."

Return to “sonofotho’s Sandbox (Sharp Swords & Sinister Spells)”