Chat

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: Chat

#201 Post by badams30 »

Yup. Charles runs a great campaign. Every one I've been in has been top notch. The first campaign of his that I joined had our party of 1st (and a couple 2nd) level people dealing with a small Ettin terrorizing a village. Obviously we couldn't defeat it head on, so we had to be sneaky, and there was some real action and role playing in that one. Total fun.

Captain Kinkajou
Ranger
Ranger

#202 Post by Captain Kinkajou »

badams30 wrote:Yup. Charles runs a great campaign. Every one I've been in has been top notch. The first campaign of his that I joined had our party of 1st (and a couple 2nd) level people dealing with a small Ettin terrorizing a village. Obviously we couldn't defeat it head on, so we had to be sneaky, and there was some real action and role playing in that one. Total fun.
You said it Brandon! In fact, I think I recall you saying much the same right up front. Not that I ever doubted it but I can absolutely see why now! :)

sonofotho
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#203 Post by sonofotho »

Guys - Really happy you are enjoying the game. It is you guys that are creating the atmosphere!

Sorry that I have been in a real busy patch with work, traveling, etc. which has hit my posting freq.

Next will come tomorrow AM DK time. Thanks!

Captain Kinkajou
Ranger
Ranger

#204 Post by Captain Kinkajou »

sonofotho wrote:Guys - Really happy you are enjoying the game. It is you guys that are creating the atmosphere!
I'm reliably informed that all your games are awesome Charles, so it must be you mate! :D .... Unless it's Brandon!? :shock:
sonofotho wrote:Sorry that I have been in a real busy patch with work, traveling, etc. which has hit my posting freq.

Next will come tomorrow AM DK time. Thanks!
No problem.

I was going to do a map update but had a question about what it looked like. You said:
sonofotho wrote:To her left the passage narrows as it runs to the southeast before turning south and out of sight. To her right the passage is wider but follows a similar course of out (to the west) before turning south and out of site.
So, when you say the right-hand passage "follows a similar course out to the west", does that mean it goes out to the south-west or the west? It obviously says 'west' but I wasn't sure whether I was supposed to interpret "similar course" as south-west.

To hopefully clarify what I'm asking with a slightly rubbish sketch.

sonofotho
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#205 Post by sonofotho »

Captain Kinkajou wrote:sonofotho wrote:
Guys - Really happy you are enjoying the game. It is you guys that are creating the atmosphere!
I'm reliably informed that all your games are awesome Charles, so it must be you mate! .... Unless it's Brandon!?
It's definitely Brandon!

And it looks like the 'SW' drawing!

Captain Kinkajou
Ranger
Ranger

#206 Post by Captain Kinkajou »

sonofotho wrote:
Captain Kinkajou wrote:sonofotho wrote:
I'm reliably informed that all your games are awesome Charles, so it must be you mate! .... Unless it's Brandon!?
It's definitely Brandon!
Hahaha :lol:

sonofotho wrote:And it looks like the 'SW' drawing!
Cool. Thanks :) With the aid of that clarification, I should be able to update the map later today.

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#207 Post by badams30 »

Me? Ha, I’m not so sure about that. I’ve been informed by my kids that I’m not particularly cool or hip, so there’s that...

Captain Kinkajou
Ranger
Ranger

#208 Post by Captain Kinkajou »

badams30 wrote:Me? Ha, I’m not so sure about that. I’ve been informed by my kids that I’m not particularly cool or hip, so there’s that...
What?!!! :shock: Kids today just don't know what cool or hip is. I mean you're the spitting image of Tom Selleck and Thomas Magnum is cool... isn't he? :?

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#209 Post by badams30 »

Captain Kinkajou wrote:
badams30 wrote:Me? Ha, I’m not so sure about that. I’ve been informed by my kids that I’m not particularly cool or hip, so there’s that...
What?!!! :shock: Kids today just don't know what cool or hip is. I mean you're the spitting image of Tom Selleck and Thomas Magnum is cool... isn't he? :?
THanks for the pep talk! The only thing Magnum/Selleck and I have in common is a mustache, but women do find me as irresistable as Selleck.

okay, maybe that's an exaggeration, but I'm pretty certain that the ladies find my stache' oddly attractive. As for my kids, they have seized on the mustache theme, and most of their presents to me consist of some mustache themed stuff.

Longfingers
Scout
Scout

#210 Post by Longfingers »

My turn to be a bit slow posting so apologies. Work has been quite busy and I'm running a game at my local club which needed some prep done, and had to get a one shot ready for the weekend - using SS&SS!

Plus I have neither kids nor a moustache so couldn't add much to the chat :)

sonofotho
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#211 Post by sonofotho »

Longfingers wrote:My turn to be a bit slow posting so apologies. Work has been quite busy and I'm running a game at my local club which needed some prep done, and had to get a one shot ready for the weekend - using SS&SS!

Plus I have neither kids nor a moustache so couldn't add much to the chat :)
No worries!

sonofotho
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#212 Post by sonofotho »

Hi all - I am alive! ;)

I am sitting on a plane getting ready to take off with the family - 3 weeks vaca in the US! Woo-hoo!

But it has been a crazy few days with work leading up to the trip - sorry for the silence. My aim is to be much more consistent with my posting during vaca.

You'll get the next game post from me later today!

Charles

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#214 Post by badams30 »

sonofotho wrote:Hi all - I am alive! ;)

I am sitting on a plane getting ready to take off with the family - 3 weeks vaca in the US! Woo-hoo!

But it has been a crazy few days with work leading up to the trip - sorry for the silence. My aim is to be much more consistent with my posting during vaca.

You'll get the next game post from me later today!

Charles

Safe travels! Enjoy the sun, it's been HOT down here, bring suntan lotion! We'll be heading to Charleston in a week, so we'll be just a bit south of you...

9littlebees
Tracker
Tracker

#215 Post by 9littlebees »

Indeed, safe travels!!

LtTibbles
Ranger
Ranger

#216 Post by LtTibbles »

Enjoy your trip!!!

sonofotho
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#217 Post by sonofotho »

Thanks guys!

Brandon - enjoy Charleston!

Longfingers
Scout
Scout

#218 Post by Longfingers »

Sorry for lack of posting. Hectic all round, although given the current party configuration I can just about get away with being quiet! :)

sonofotho
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#219 Post by sonofotho »

Longfingers wrote:Sorry for lack of posting. Hectic all round, although given the current party configuration I can just about get away with being quiet! :)
No worries - I was delinquent in my duties yesterday as well. Too much vacation! :lol:

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#220 Post by badams30 »

sonofotho wrote:
Longfingers wrote:Sorry for lack of posting. Hectic all round, although given the current party configuration I can just about get away with being quiet! :)
No worries - I was delinquent in my duties yesterday as well. Too much vacation! :lol:
How's the water, Charles? We had a little scare on Friday - the place that owns the condo we're renting at Isle of Palms calls us and says "There's been a fire at the condo, and it's not avail for the time you booked it for." Misty was pretty upset, the kids were freaking out, and luckily she managed to find another condo (same complex, thankfully, as it's very kid friendly) and it's a bit cheaper, so that works out well. So vacation saved!
So we're gearing up to head down Saturday. Time for some sunburn and chasing kids around the beach...

Return to “sonofotho’s Sandbox (Sharp Swords & Sinister Spells)”