OOC Discussion (Session 4)

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC Discussion (Session 4)

#201 Post by Marullus »

Yeah, I agree with the "recovery only" clause.

Camping didn't hurt us - it better fit our fiction for our actions and mechanically it also allowed triggering some instincts.

I am waiting with baited breath to see what happens leaving town!! :lol: :shock: :oops:

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#202 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

So a few questions I still haven't heard an answer for:

1. Rabon's Resources are now 2?
2. Did we get to keep our left over preserved rations?
3. What do the other PCs want to do about Rabon's cloak vs pole vs grappling hook?

BillTheGalacticHero
Ranger
Ranger

#203 Post by BillTheGalacticHero »

I believe that if Resources are like any other skill, then if you were level 1 and you passed one test, then you're level 2. It'll be tougher to go to level 3: 2 passed Resources tests plus 1 failed Resourses test, and it looks like we only get 1, maybe 2, Resources tests per Town phase.

Preserved ration: I assume we keep them, they don't go bad.

Extra equipment: I think I have two slots in my backpack, I could carry the hook. And then if my friend Buck joins us maybe we can foist some gear off on him? I emailed him on Monday, and on Tuesday her wrote back saying he's still in Europe (an earlier email said he would be back this week), but will contact our GM "tomorrow" (so Wednesday - yesterday) about joining. I'm not sure if he has yet.

BillTheGalacticHero
Ranger
Ranger

#204 Post by BillTheGalacticHero »

Here's an idea: Rabon's friend lives in this town, could we leave excess gear with her? We won't have access to it during an adventure, but we could always comes back to this town to recover it.

BillTheGalacticHero
Ranger
Ranger

#205 Post by BillTheGalacticHero »

I talked to my friend Buck, he's having trouble joining the forum. Does Ludanto need to do anything to approve it?

shroomofinsanity
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#206 Post by shroomofinsanity »

Also, dont lose that cloak if you can help it, as I left my cloak behind since we had 2 in the party. We can find a way to move stuff around better I feel.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#207 Post by Marullus »

BillTheGalacticHero wrote:I talked to my friend Buck, he's having trouble joining the forum. Does Ludanto need to do anything to approve it?
Buck needs to create his account and make his initial posts elsewhere to get it activated. Then yes, Ludanto has to add him to the group for this forum, which then gets him access to post here, too.
shroomofinsanity wrote:Also, dont lose that cloak if you can help it, as I left my cloak behind since we had 2 in the party. We can find a way to move stuff around better I feel.
Allric will still have his cloak, in any case.

Glad to have others look over the inventories. I did my best to distribute fairly... glad to have anyone else review and comment.
Marullus wrote:New Inventory List (for after town):
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jpl ... sp=sharing

BillTheGalacticHero
Ranger
Ranger

#208 Post by BillTheGalacticHero »

Did we all fall of the edge of the earth again?

shroomofinsanity
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#209 Post by shroomofinsanity »

I'm still here

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#210 Post by Marullus »

...I'm still waiting with anticipation to find out what happens from our failed rolls leaving town. :)

BillTheGalacticHero
Ranger
Ranger

#211 Post by BillTheGalacticHero »

I got an email from Buck, he says he was able to join unseenservant, now what does he need to do to join our forum?

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#212 Post by Marullus »

My understanding is that he uses the create account option to make an account.

Then he goes here to make an initial post and get unlocked.
viewforum.php?f=43

Then, Ludanto can add him to this specific game's group, which will let him post on these threads.

BillTheGalacticHero
Ranger
Ranger

#213 Post by BillTheGalacticHero »

He shows up in the member list now, #6 on this list
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (26.85 KiB) Viewed 2406 times

Ludanto
Ranger
Ranger

#214 Post by Ludanto »

I was just coming in to check on you guys. Bucksurdu is in.

Are you otherwise waiting for me? Do we want to get Bucksurdu up and running first?
"Mi pensas, ke mia simio metis sian piedon en vian trinkaĵon."
Neniam dividu la adventurgrupon.
"Ĉu vi volas koboldojn? Ĉar tiel estas kiel oni akiras koboldojn!"

BillTheGalacticHero
Ranger
Ranger

#215 Post by BillTheGalacticHero »

That's up to the rest of us, Buck could chime in while he's designing his character. We probably won't have a test for a day or so, depending on what you throw at us for being deadbeats.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#216 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

I think having him join us as we leave town is a good idea. If he's from Falco, he could have a tied-past with Rabon - if it makes sense narratively. Childhood friends? The sibling or child of Merr Rhionn (Rabon's friend)? A friend of Rabon's deceased parents? Or... Maybe he's one of the Imperials that Allric met - a friend of Allric's new friend?

We should take a better look at the inventory. Does anyone mind if I change their current stuff so Rabon doesn't need to shed any of our gear? (I'm looking at Thag, specifically, here, since he has the most empty slots.)

BillTheGalacticHero
Ranger
Ranger

#217 Post by BillTheGalacticHero »

What am I, a pack animal? lol

If Buck chooses to be an Imperial, even if not in good terms with them, etc, that could give us some help if we ever go that direction. I sent him the stat sheet for a Forsaken Rider, one of the new classes from the Fearless & Freebooting supplement. It has Rider, Fighter, Scout, and Hunting as the main skills, so it is much like a Ranger or Strider. Unlike a Ranger it doesn't have magic though, but starts with a warhorse and lance instead, also not much gear other than an empty backpack or satchel. An Elf Ranger would help with combat and scouting and Alric with his magics though.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#218 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Rusty Tincanne wrote:I think having him join us as we leave town is a good idea...
But I don't want the game to stall out because of waiting, either. Where are we with this? Does your friend need help with character creation? Equipment should be done strategically, probably.

Edit 1: I hope your friend realizes that, while certain classes would be especially helpful to the group, any class will do. I'm more interested in seeing him play a character he is excited about! Something he'll stick with.

Edit 2: I stowed the cloak on Thag, packed the lantern and he's holding the 10' pole.

Rabon needs 2 failures to advance Scout to level 4, so next session I plan to switch his instinct to "Always search for traps, secret doors and things of value when entering a room." I'm totally happy to double up with Thag (so we can take turns advancing that skill since we both need successes and no failures), or Bill can change his instinct to something else he would like to see Thag advance in. (Bill had mentioned hunting, and needs 2 successes to advance that to level 3.)

BillTheGalacticHero
Ranger
Ranger

#219 Post by BillTheGalacticHero »

I'm actually going to meet with him in about an hour to go over generating his character.

Since the end-of-town event would probably not affect him, Ludanto should go ahead and adjudicate our deadbeatedness.

BillTheGalacticHero
Ranger
Ranger

#220 Post by BillTheGalacticHero »

I need one success in Scout to get to the next level.

Return to “Torchbearer: Scoundrels”