Part 1: Welcome to Thyatis

PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Part 1: Welcome to Thyatis

#321 Post by PyroArrow »

Rician Lockwindberg - Paladin - Banded Mail AC 4 + Stone Warden Shield (+2): AC 2 - HP: 27/27:

Rician says to the Man-Rat, "You there, well met, may we cross over this bridge?"
Dungeon Master : Guido's Keep on the Borderlands & the Hills of Horror & Chaos (1st Ed D&D) :
1A: The Inheritance (1st Ed D&D)

Player:
Erico Caravellino - Thief : Elphand Adventures (ACKS Wilderlands - On Hold)
Stanilus Peri -Fighter (Bard) : Wardens in the North (D&D 1st Ed - On Hold)

Maximillian Arikas [Aether] & Steve Sanderson [Flicker] : Rebirth of Power: 4C System
Rician Lockwindberg - Paladin Knight : A Village With No Name (1st Ed D&D)
Theodore Mumfordian - Half-Elf Ranger : Terrible Trouble at Tragidore (1st Ed AD&D) [Completed]
Vicentio Senereno : Human Wizard : Veranar (5th Ed. D&D)
Tonkioso 'Gizzy' Gizmoebius : Clockwork Child : At the Forest Edge (Beyond the Wall & Other Adv)
Rician Lockwindberg : Human Paladin : A Village With No Name (2nd Edition AD&D)
Norbold Ernessaeia : Sylvian Elf Cleric : Minn's Mound (1st Edition AD&D)

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#322 Post by Rex »

Hantae

When Hantae hears Rician speak she readies herself for combat in case it is needed. She maintains a watch on both tunnels on their side of the bridge in case of a sneak attack.

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#323 Post by Cwreando »

Gildor

Gildor spots the Rat man and signals the group,"I can assist Rician should you need any."

Gildor keeps an eye on the Rat man and looks around them for any other activity nearby that might jump out and also scans the footing ahead toward the front of the bridge for traps.

Find Remove Traps-FRT roll
Thief Skill roll [1d100] = 27, PP 45% OL 50% FRT40% MS45% HS35% DN15% CW80% RL-5%
Last edited by Cwreando on Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
Durgo Brigthboon Fighter Human Level 3 - Spearment's Barromaze

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#324 Post by Dram »

Krakus tightens his grip on his axe should they need to fight the strange being.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#325 Post by ravenn4544 »

Canis squints to get a good look at the rat-man and waits patiently.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#326 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Man-Rat replies in kind to Rician "Yes you can pass the bridge. I've been here for months however in this form I cannot leave these underground catacombs. I could offer you aid for the right incentive."

Gildor finds no traps.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#327 Post by PyroArrow »

Rician Lockwindberg - Paladin - Banded Mail AC 4 + Stone Warden Shield (+2): AC 2 - HP: 27/27:

Rician says to the adventurers, "Aid, you say? Hmmm, as you see we do not have much upon us, at the moment, however, at least I would be willing to aid you, once we all can get out of this place.

What sort of incentive, will this be? In gold? Other goods? To change back to your original form?"
Dungeon Master : Guido's Keep on the Borderlands & the Hills of Horror & Chaos (1st Ed D&D) :

Player:

Maximillian Arikas [Aether] & Steve Sanderson [Flicker] : Rebirth of Power: 4C System
Theodore Mumfordian - Half-Elf Ranger : Terrible Trouble at Tragidore (1st Ed AD&D) [Completed]
Tonkioso 'Gizzy' Gizmoebius : Clockwork Child : At the Forest Edge (Beyond the Wall & Other Adv)

GreyWolfVT

#328 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Man-Rat "You really think you can solve my problem with being stuck like this?" he asks "I was like you once a gladiator initiate dumped here tasked with finding my way out. I did manage to make it out but then I became cursed changing into a rat form then one day stuck like this part man part rat." he tells Rician then adds "Normally for compensation I'd seek some fresh meat but if you can cure this curse then I'll take that instead." he looks around somewhat like a rat would and even acts a bit timid towards Rician at times. "I'd give almost anything to normal sized again." clearly he thinks he is the size of a rat.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#329 Post by Cwreando »

Gildor

Gildor says, "What name may we call you? How did you become cursed? I'm Gildor and you are as tall as I am from what I can see. Perhaps together we can all get out of here. We just have what's been left to us here. We found some Mushrooms if you'd like a few of those? If we end up having to kill anything down here we can share the meat with you."
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
Durgo Brigthboon Fighter Human Level 3 - Spearment's Barromaze

GreyWolfVT

#330 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Rurtifus "My name is Rurtifus. As for how I became cursed I do not know entirely." he twitches his nose and looks around as if in a little bit of a panic looking quite the part of a timid slightly scared rat. "I think part of my affliction was after I defeated a rat down here. It must have been more than a rat because after I got out to the surface I started to have changes. Shifting from man to rat along with some other traits. Then one day I was stuck like this I haven't been able to shift back to either full man or rat form." he shakes his head at the mushroom mention "I only eat meat." then as if hearing Gildor's other statement about his size suddenly a fearful look comes over him "What do you mean we are the same size? I'm no taller than a rat. Don't play with me, I am serious!." almost sounding a little angry near the end there. However the offer to share meat calms him a bit.

PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#331 Post by PyroArrow »

Rician says to Rurtifus, "Hmmm, Looks like you have been bitten by a wererat. Perhaps, if you come along with us, we can try to help fill your belly and look to see about removing the curse, perhaps with a druid or gypsy, if one were to be found."

Player:

GreyWolfVT

#332 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Rurtifus "That makes sense a wererat. Gypsies might be easier to locate than Druids in Thyatis." he stops talking and begins staring at Brother Canis and saliva starts dripping from the side of his mouth almost like he is looking at fresh mutton.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#333 Post by ravenn4544 »

Canis raises an eyebrow at the rat-man stares at him "Oh no! No meal here for you right now, good sir! Oh no indeed! Perhaps you can tell us a little more about what's down these passages?"

GreyWolfVT

#334 Post by GreyWolfVT »

ravenn4544 wrote:Canis raises an eyebrow at the rat-man stares at him "Oh no! No meal here for you right now, good sir! Oh no indeed! Perhaps you can tell us a little more about what's down these passages?"
Rurtifus twitches and looks around rapidly like a rat again then wipes the saliva from the corner of his mouth "OH my uh I do apologize sometimes it is hard for the man side of me to resit the rat side of me."

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#335 Post by Dram »

Krakus- Moves closer to Canis's side. Are you able to speak with the other rats in here. Maybe they the way out of here.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

GreyWolfVT

#336 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Dram wrote:Krakus- Moves closer to Canis's side. Are you able to speak with the other rats in here. Maybe they the way out of here.
Rurtifus "I don't speak to the other rats here. But I know the way out. As I've said prior I've been out of here before my affliction too hold. After being stuck in this form i hid down here as I know I'd be killed on sight surface side."

PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#337 Post by PyroArrow »

Rician says to Rurtifus, "I see, so thus if you would kindly show us the way out, we will do our best to get food to you and seek out those that know how to cure your affliction.",

"I can not say how long this will be as I do not know what more they will have in store for us and thus how busy they make us be.", "But when things slow down and we can not attract any attention, we will meet you again."

Player:

GreyWolfVT

#338 Post by GreyWolfVT »

PyroArrow wrote:Rician Lockwindberg - Paladin - Banded Mail AC 4 + Stone Warden Shield (+2): AC 2 - HP: 27/27:

Rician says to Rurtifus, "I see, so thus if you would kindly show us the way out, we will do our best to get food to you and seek out those that know how to cure your affliction.",

"I can not say how long this will be as I do not know what more they will have in store for us and thus how busy they make us be.", "But when things slow down and we can not attract any attention, we will meet you again."
Rurtifus nods his rat head "I'll show you out if you live up to helping rid me of this curse." as he talks he moves his rat hands around and you notice a short sword strapped to his belt and a ring on one hand. "Follow me and I'll lead you out."

PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#339 Post by PyroArrow »

Rician says, "Very well, Lead the way."

Rician does not say anything about trying any funny stuff against the party but, turns and lips to the others to watch for an ambush.

Player:

PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#340 Post by PyroArrow »

Oh, Mr. DM, Rician will concentrate on Detecting Evil on Rurtifus, as he guides us along!

If he does so in fact sense evil, he will signal the party to watch out.

Player:

Return to “Archive”