Chapter #5: Adventure #5 The Hermit's Riddle

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Chapter #5: Adventure #5 The Hermit's Riddle

#301 Post by Cwreando »

Abrex

Abrex hiding just outside the cave with Muhara moves back inside once the doa leaves. He notices the Wall now changed to mud goes over and considers how to help whispers, "Stand to the opposite side of where I am so I can use my sword to cut a door into the mud."

Abrex quickly cuts a chunk of mud out of the door so Muhara can escape and then hides again once Muhara is free.
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
Durgo Brigthboon Fighter Human Level 3 - Spearment's Barromaze

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#302 Post by Dram »

Anuzal stays where he is at. In case the Genie returns agitated looking for a fight.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#303 Post by Cwreando »

Abrex

Abrex holds out a extra healing potion for Muhara whispering, "Here take this. Let's go hide quickly. Before the Dao comes back."

Abrexs helps Muhara to find a hiding spot and for himself too.
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#304 Post by Cwreando »

Abrex

Abrex whisper,”Nevermind I don’t want to mess up your invisibility. Unless you know it’s ok?”

Abrex takes it bake if not taken and puts it away as they go hide.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#305 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Mahara the invisible hermit replies to Abrex "I'm not injured but thank you."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#306 Post by Scott308 »

Benham Iskandar

Seeing the wall turn to mud and the genie then leave, Benham summons his gen. Jafar- Unseen Servant, please!

The efreetkin blinks out, returning in just a few seconds. I have it, Master!

Good job, little one, the tall sha'ir replies, casting the spell and directing the servant to help Abrex clear mud so Mahara can escape.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#307 Post by ravenn4544 »

Asad appears wondering what the heck is going on and where they are going next.

GreyWolfVT

#308 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Don't worry I will be posting a game update just not this weekend. I am off for 3 days so I will post something on Monday enjoy the weekend everyone.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

GreyWolfVT

#309 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Ynadin & Mahara

Using what you have the genie gives up his search and leaves the valley most likely to try and find others to help answer the riddle. After the Dao leaves Mahara offers his thanks and does something so that the invisibility wears off even if it is just attacking a rock. "I have nothing to offer you folks other than information. I have it under good authority that you may be going to the ruins of Al-Anwahr is that correct?" If so you should know I traveled extensively in the Haunted Lands and visited the ruins of Al-Anwahr, where I met a strange mystic named Nerim who taught me the riddle of Azaltin. Also I am a priest of sorts if you are short on them in your band I could accompany you in your journey." the hermit offers. Having eaten the rations Jamal shared with him he is no longer in a place of starvation. He has nothing more than the clothing he wears and a wooden walking stick that doubles as a staff. "I have defensive spells and healing spells I can renew now that I don't have werehyenas caterwauling nearby." The mystic offers. "We should move fast and leave this place it may well be wise to cover our tracks as well" So that business being done and the threat over the hermit travels back to Talv with the party. Answering questions and offering information the group asks of him along the two day journey back.

We can pick things back up in Adventure #4 again when you are ready to. Any questions before Talv can be posted here and I'll reply from the Hermit. The group earns 6,000 xp for rescuing the hermit before he would have starved to death.

Actions?

Scott308

#310 Post by Scott308 »

Benham Iskandar

Mahara, if you could cast a few basic spells so that Jamal and I may watch, it would be greatly appreciated. I currently am familiar with the clerical spell used for the curing of light wounds, but anything else you would allow us to learn would be excellent.

Also, do you know the answer to Azaltin's riddle?
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

GreyWolfVT

#311 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Mahara smiles with kindness upon his face "I can surely show you what i know for spells. You are in luck I do have cure light wounds still memorized. As for the riddle it is simple the loregiver was trying to warn King Alaltin that Immortality is a curse, not a treasure. No man or woman should bear this burden. Unfortunately the king did not learn this right away. Only over time did he come to learn this."

Scott308

#312 Post by Scott308 »

Benham Iskandar

Eh. That is the one spell I do not need to see cast. Nevermind, old man. You're apparently senile. That or you didn't pay attention to or understand me. The sha'ir walks away from Mahara before the hermit can reply.

Zeromancer
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#313 Post by Zeromancer »

Ameer left his hiding place and upon realizing that the genie had vacated the site, he quickly moved to release the group's prisoners.

"Do not trouble any in this place again." he demanded of the werehyenas in a stern voice.

He then instructed his retainers to make preparations for the return journey to Talv. He was relieved that the hermit had been rescued and very little blood had to be shed to complete the task.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#314 Post by Dram »

Anuzal uncovers himself with his cloak. Rejoining the group. Another healer would be useful.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#315 Post by Storm11 »

Jamal is eager to see what the hermit can conjure. Do you have any warding spells at all? Perhaps against heat or cold? Anything that can cure diseases or neutralise poisons? Spells that ward areas maybe? Long lasting magics would also be of much interest to us! he says, frowning at Benham’s rudeness and trying to cover it by being super nice.

Before leaving the Halfling will send Alara for a Detect magic spell and wander throughout the cave system checking it all over for magic
Greys Campaign.

GreyWolfVT

#316 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Storm11 wrote:Jamal is eager to see what the hermit can conjure. Do you have any warding spells at all? Perhaps against heat or cold? Anything that can cure diseases or neutralise poisons? Spells that ward areas maybe? Long lasting magics would also be of much interest to us! he says, frowning at Benham’s rudeness and trying to cover it by being super nice.

Before leaving the Halfling will send Alara for a Detect magic spell and wander throughout the cave system checking it all over for magic
Mahara ignoring Benham's remark about being senile replies to Jamal These are the spells I know currently bless, cure light wounds, command, protection from evil; aid, chant, hold person; prayer, cure disease; neutralize poison." However I was not able to renew command, protection from evil, chant, prayer or hold person so I'll need a day to regain those."

detect magic finds nothing since everything worth taking was already removed and Benham already told the group of items he detected magic on.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#317 Post by Bluehorse »

Emma

Is obviously very interested in learning what she can from the old hermit and hopes they can reach some agreement to trade spells or that she may have something she can otherwise offer him in trade for his knowledge.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#318 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Dubb

"Glad to have you aboard, Mahara. Now let's get back to our mounts and get a move on. The undead won't wait forever you know." Dubb says this last part with a wide smile, looking around to see if people get the joke.

"So Mahara. Which god do you follow? I myself am a follower of Haku. And don't pay too much attention to these spell jackals, they really are usually quite decent people." Dubb pales a bit. "I mean, they aren't really Jackals. They just really like new toys."

GreyWolfVT

#319 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Monsieur Rose wrote:Dubb

"Glad to have you aboard, Mahara. Now let's get back to our mounts and get a move on. The undead won't wait forever you know." Dubb says this last part with a wide smile, looking around to see if people get the joke.

"So Mahara. Which god do you follow? I myself am a follower of Haku. And don't pay too much attention to these spell jackals, they really are usually quite decent people." Dubb pales a bit. "I mean, they aren't really Jackals. They just really like new toys."
Mahara gives the dwarf a friendly smile "Why my good dwarf I follow Old Kor. Haku is another good one, as is Zann. I admire all three of those gods but I find Old Kor fits me very well at my age Wisdom is my most precious asset. The spell jackals as you call them don't bother me at all." he adds a wink to the dwarf cleric of Haku.

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#320 Post by Cwreando »

Abrex

Abrex says, ”Zann is the best. Muhara. No insult intended."

Return to “Archive”