Chapter #4: Adventure #4 Eleven Baneful Gates - Part 1

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: Chapter #4: Adventure #4 Eleven Baneful Gates - Part 1

#361 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Montillo smiles "Perhaps you remind me of the people from where i used to live. I know this knowledge sharing is very uncommon of our type. However you have been kind and listened to my stories. From the list I have Clairaudience and Tongues memorized today that you've expressed interest in. I have a safe warded area I can practice my spells in. My library here has my living quarters on the upper level but i have a basement laboratory of sorts if you wish to call it so. I'd have no problems with you watching me perform the spell castings. I don't get lots of patrons on a regular basis here."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#362 Post by Storm11 »

Jamal hops up and down. Well that’s just great. Lead on good sir. I am eager to see your magic for myself.
Greys Campaign.

GreyWolfVT

#363 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Montillo grabs his spellbook and walks to the front door locking the door of the library and walks back to a back wall of the library with a shelf of books. He moves along to a specific book and pulls on the top the book leans forward and a click sound is heard the bookshelf moves to the left of the wall and reveals a stairwell going down into the basement. the librarian/illusionist leads Jamal to the spell practice lab. Going down the stairs at first it looks like a typical cellar until the illusion is revealed to show stone tables with all sorts of opened books and other oddities strewn about. "This is my humble testing lab." Jamal notices a chest oddly enough it appears to be chained to the wall. The halfling finds this odd until a rat moves by the chest and the chest produces a mouth and eats the rat. "Ah yes that is a mimic. Thus why I have it secured to the wall."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#364 Post by Storm11 »

Jamal’s eyes widen and he takes a step back. Wowzers! A mimic is it.

The sha’ir peers closely at the creature trying to discern whether he can see the tell tale traces that it isn’t just a chest.

Uncanny. This is a great space sir.
Greys Campaign.

GreyWolfVT

#365 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Montillo "Hard work capturing a mimic they secrete a glue I tell you I don't wish to try and recapture the thing. Quite a feat indeed. Reminds me of a joke. A group of adventurers enter a bar the barkeep asks 'why did you bring your weapons into the bar?' One of the adventurers replies 'mimics.' THe barkeep laughed, the adventurers laughed, the table laughed. The adventurers killed the table, it was a good time."

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#366 Post by Storm11 »

Hehehehe :shock: Jamal laughs nervously. He whispers to Alara Ajami’s are weird! Let’s hope his magic is genuine. Keep laughing at his jokes ok. The djinnling nods and guffaws with gusto, so over the top that it appears fake.
Greys Campaign.

GreyWolfVT

#367 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Montillo "Yes yes I am sorry that was a rather lame joke but I am not the originator of it. Now to the casting you can stop the false laugh there gen." he says politely "Yes I suppose we are all a bit weird." the illusionist begins casting his first spell Tongues performing the spell as it is supposed to be, he pulls out a small clay model of a ziggurat, which shatters once the man finishes uttering the words of the spells casting. "A shame there are not other languages I did not already know to speak within this space." he says in halfling. "For this next spell it would help if we had someone upstairs talking so i could listen to them would your gen mind?"

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#368 Post by Storm11 »

Alarabegins to speak in genish. She says i don’t mind at all. Where shall I go? The main library?

If he says yes in genish she will nod at Jamal and fly up to the library’s main room
Greys Campaign.

GreyWolfVT

#369 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Montillo replies back in Alara's native language "Yes just up by my desk if you will."

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#370 Post by Storm11 »

Alara nods at Jamal, and flies off up into the library.

Most impressive Montillo. Most impressive indeed. Jamal says nodding and smiling.
Greys Campaign.

GreyWolfVT

#371 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Montillo once Alara as left casts the next spell and will focus on listening near his desk upstairs in the library to what Alara is saying and repeat it back to Jamal. He performs the ritual as depicted by the ritual as it is written in his spellbook. The illusionist pulls out a small horn for the material component of the spell casting. "This spell is the Clairaudience spell you wish to see. Just to note the small horn has to be of value of at least 100 gold pieces as the material component." once Alara is done talking he will indicate to Jamal to call her back so they can confirm he repeated what she was saying.

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#372 Post by Storm11 »

Jamal looks on wide eyed. Amazing. Thank you very much. ALARA. Come back my dear! he yells up the stairs.

Alright alright She grumbles as she flies in. Screaming like a banshee, like a crazy man. You are an embarrassment. the djinnling snaps exasperated.

When asked she confirm what she had been saying
Greys Campaign.

GreyWolfVT

#373 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Montillo "Very well I suppose my demonstration today is at an end. I'll have to memorize the other spells you wished to see for tomorrow if you are willing to come back. What plans have you for the day Jamal was it?" the man asks realizing he never really asked for the halflings name in the entire time spent with him this day.

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#374 Post by Storm11 »

Jamal shushes Alara embarrassed by her display, which only annoys her further.

Yes indeed. I would be most grateful to see the fly and phantom steed magics you have on the morrow if that’s possible. You have been most helpful to us already, I shan’t take up much of your time. Shall I call back after breakfast in the morning?

As he leaves with the air gen the halfling beams happily.

Right then. We need to secure some of those clay ziggurat things from the bazar, and also some small expensive horns. This could be costly Alara. Will you be a dear and pop off and see if you can find me a Clairaudience spell to try?

With that the djinnling crackles off into other planes of existence, and the sha’ir begins hunting the bazar for the required ingredients.

Alara is gone 40 minutes before she returns switch a smile upon her face. I have it master.. Jamal feels the words slip into his mind as he telepathically connects his mind to that of his gen. Well done indeed my dear. Most impressive.

[1d100] = 5 : [1d6+1] = 1+1 = 2 : [1d6+2] = 2+2 = 4 : [1d6+3] = 1+3 = 4 : [1d6+4] = 2+4 = 6
Greys Campaign.

GreyWolfVT

#375 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Montillo "Yes certainly call back after your morning feast." the librarian/illusionist replies back and follows the two back upstairs unlocks the door and returns to reading his book at the desk once more. He does give the halfling and gen a fond wave farewell as they leave.

Checking the various caravan merchants and other shops Jamal does find a group of hunters selling parts of various animals and to his luck they happen to be selling horns as well though they have only one horn at the moment of value 100 gp or more for sale. The halfling is in luck. As for locating clag ziggurat that is a far more upsetting task finding none. He is able to find clay for purchase but will likely have to seek someone with an oven to bake it and will either have to mold it himself into the shape of a ziggurat or seek maybe the tilemaker or mason out to see if they could attempt to make something out of the clay to meet his needs.

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#376 Post by Storm11 »

Jamal buys the horn gratefully. And the clay. He will search th bazar for someone with a suitable oven or kiln and begin making ziggurats himself with Alara’s help. The simple task actually make the pair of them stop bickering and actually enjoy the afternoon getting mucky.

After the ziggurats are baked he will place them in his pouch after wrapping each carefully.

That done he will head back to the tavern with Alara and settle in to prepare some warding spells to cast in case the others return tonight or tomorrow.
Greys Campaign.

GreyWolfVT

#377 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Quite the eventful day for the Sha'ir :D

Jamal manages to barter a deal with the mason that also makes his own bricks and is able to use the same workshop to make his clay ziggurats. The work is messy but the halfling and his gen manage to get the work done before nightfall with a fair amount of the afternoon free for whatever they wish to do. as for cost of the horn just go with 100 gp for the clay 1 sp per pound of it you want.

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#378 Post by Storm11 »

innit tho. He would like to make ten ziggurats so however much that is in clay. They are small these things right? Will deduct 101 gp for now.

After gathering all the required components the halfling and the wind gen make their way back to the luxury suite and have baths drawn up and begin to luxuriate the rest of the late afternoon and early evening away.
Greys Campaign.

GreyWolfVT

#379 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Yes I'd say that they are small since they do fit into your pocket. You could likely make two from one pound of clay I would estimate. I suppose for now we have little else to role play for the moment but the other group is already at "tonight" in reference to where Jamal is currently.

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#380 Post by Storm11 »

Cool. I am going to peruse the spells of Al-qadim to see if he can spend the next day or two making magic that might last for preparation of the eleven Baneful Gates adventure and see if Alara can get them. Works been a bit crazy so will head off to bed now and do some tomorrow’s or Friday if I get some time. It’s been fun though so a big thank you to your good self. :D
Greys Campaign.

Return to “Archive”