Ch. 3: Hell's Bells

Zhym
Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

Re: Ch. 3: Hell's Bells

#521 Post by Scott308 »

Risdac Egargi

The giant shakes his head. I may be tall, but I'm not that tall. I could toss someone up, but you run the risk of falling. I could levitate someone up there, and they could drop a rope for others to climb. Is there room for me on the ledge? If so, I could definitely support anyone climbing via rope.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#522 Post by Zhym »

The ceiling is 10' above the ledge. Risdac would have to get on his hands and knees to fit.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#523 Post by ravenn4544 »

Malibran suggests "Master Rool hasn't returned. I'm concerned. Perhaps Master Risdac and another stay behind here while two of us, somehow as suggested, proceed to recover our comrade?"

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#524 Post by Urson »

Tanner

Tanner nods. I'll go. Who's with me?
FA FO

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#525 Post by Rex »

Xale

"I will go as well."

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#526 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Odillo lilooks to the others. Anyone have a rope handy so we can ascend this wall?

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#527 Post by Urson »

Tanner

I should be able to teleport up there. Give me the rope, and I'll let it down for you.
FA FO

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#528 Post by ravenn4544 »

Malibran will wait behind with Risdac if that seems the way things are going. He checks the light sources of the group to make sure each group has sufficient ability to see in this infernal place.

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#529 Post by Cwreando »

Arex

Arex holds a hand up, "Hold on Tanner before he starts to cast. I can climb the wall just give me the rope and I'll go up and try and secure it to something. Aren't we all going to rest up for a bit? I'll climb up there so you can save your spell."

Arex gets a rope or two and puts it in his backpack if give some rope and starts climbing.

Check #1
Percentile roll [1d100] = 32

Sorry....I'm not getting emails on updates.
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
Durgo Brigthboon Fighter Human Level 3 - Spearment's Barromaze

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#530 Post by Urson »

Tanner

Tanner nods and passes over his 20' of rope.
FA FO

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#531 Post by Cwreando »

Arex

Arex chuckles when handed the 20' Rope, "Is there more rope to add to this? If not, Arex will climb up and see if he can secure the rope. If necessary he will secure the rope himself and pull people up if Risdac can lift them to the rope."

Between Risdacs reach and Tanner's reach this should be doable????
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#532 Post by Scott308 »

Risdac Egargi

Risdac smiles at seeing Tanner's rope. Have you always had problems estimating the length of things? That rope needs to be double the length. It's gonna be disappointing when your rope dangles but doesn't reach the bottom. Not very satisfying. And don't even start trying to tell us it's not the length, it's how you use the rope, either.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#533 Post by Urson »

Tanner

I'm no idiot- I know it's not enough by itself. I'm contirbuting what I have. With Tanner's facial scarring, it's difficult to tell if he's joking, annoyed, or just being factual.
FA FO

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#534 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Sorry. I was waiting for Room to cough up the rope on his sheet because I wasn't putting it together that he's the one person we don't have.

Odillo retrieves a patch from his cloak. Fifty feet of rope, at your service. he hands the now-physical-rope to Arex. Let's find Rool.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#535 Post by Zhym »

Odilo, Tanner, and Xale resolve to go back and find out what's happened to Rool. Risdac stays back, because otherwise he'd be like a bear in a rabbit hole in that hallway above. Malibran and Hallagad stay with him.

Trying to find a way back up to the ledge above, you realize that the only person with more than twenty feet of rope is Rool himself. So Odilo pulls a pouch off of his robe and produces a full 50' of rope—enough for Arex to climb the wall with the rope and lower it down.

Back in the ape room, Odilo, Tanner and Xale find a vine-covered Rool-shaped creature slumped against a wall. Tanner recognizes the vines as similar to the ones that infected him. Through the now-open starboard door, you glimpse a small room full of trash and feathers.

-----
Status: Tanner (H CG F19): 68/107; Hallagad (H LG P15(Pelor)): 66/93; Xale (D NG C14[9](Dalt)/F13): 74/75; Risdac (Giant NG MU17): 47/58; Odilo (1/2E NG MU17): 21/54; Malibran (H LG C20[13](Pholtus)): 62/90; Rool (H LN T20): 38/85; Arex (E NG F13/T16): 56/56
Effects: None
Light Sources: Continual light coin (Tanner); Continual light dagger (Odilo); Light (on Shield, Malibran): 6.8 turns

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#536 Post by Urson »

Tanner
Seeing Rool in such a mess, Tanner drops to his knees and begins cutting away vine/tentacles, beginning with the ones on his face.

You must hurry, but don't rush. he mutters, seemingly more to himself than anyone else.
FA FO

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#537 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Odillo rolls his eyes when he realizes the two healers stayed behind. He quickly takes Kogheki's rings and dons them with quiet thanks. Give him to me. Holding the leafy body, he uses the peer of the Ethereal Moebius to fly Rool back to Hallagad and Malibran. If he pulls through, we're calling him Rustle.

There are still a cloak of protection (+5), and +3 vorpal sword, pls for, rope, candles, and water.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#538 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Sorry. I posted in the middle of the night. I had intended to put the ring of regeneration on Rool. And would cure disease work here?

Odillo places the ring of regeneration on Rool, hoping the healing power will help.

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#539 Post by Cwreando »

Arex

Arex climbs the wall and secures the rope if able and tests it or lowers it and helps the others up. He signals for those that want to come up to do so. He looks around to make sure he's not going to be attacked.

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#540 Post by Norjax »

Rool Diov, Thief in Foliage

Rool stirs as Tanner begins cutting the vines away from his face. "Argh!" he exclaims with a weakened voice. "That hurts ... its like pulling at one's hair ... when your scalp is ... sore." He instinctively pushes Tanner away, and his eyes wander around the room.

The thief takes little notice of Odilo slipping on the Ring of Regeneration.

Return to “A Paladin in Hell (AD&D 1e)”