OOC Chatter

Spectreman17
Guide
Guide

Re: OOC Chatter

#61 Post by Spectreman17 »

Hey all, I'll be offline for another 6 days or so, Finals are kicking my ass. If I'm all your waiting for, gamble without me. If the game hasn't started by the time I get back, then I'll join in

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#62 Post by Marullus »

Thanks for letting us know and good luck!

If Durgar is joining in the gambling, go ahead with a post and roll. (I was understanding that you weren't playing cards.)

You can specify facts with Road-wise; I will post some general information as well to get you started. Jump off and go beyond it.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#63 Post by Marullus »

Okay - conversation time!

Verrain hasn't posted in almost a month; unless he pops up shortly, we can let him remain aside and he can rejoin the party when he's back. I'll just script a bit to move us on.

I have tried this as an experiment - seeing if you want and would take a share of narrative control as players. You can inject with wises and set goals with beliefs.

I am suspecting you'd be more comfortable with a more proscribed and GM controlled adventure? I see in your beliefs that you guys want to fight things to protect the caravan and it seems a bit stuck on the wise-idea. I can be more directive if that's more comfortable.

Thoughts?

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#64 Post by ffilz »

Let me see if I can post something to give direction. It may have to wait until next week though. I am problem no Dvsken fir information and then Khudarn can set s direction.
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#65 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

As I said elsewhere, my computer situation is crappy right now, doing all my posting by phone. So there's that...

Also, since I'm new to this system, I'm happy to be reactivate for now, until I have a better grasp on the mechanics and see how other folks make the rules work. That said, I'll try and be more proactive. As it stands, I've been waiting on Dvalen, too, allowing this scene to play out a bit. But we know the different route through/around the forest, so we can work from that, I guess

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#66 Post by ffilz »

Sorry, I probably will not have time for a response in setting course before Sunday evening at the earliest. If I manage to get one in, you'll see it, otherwise know that I will work on a thoughtful response Sunday or Monday.
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#67 Post by Marullus »

I don't see any harm in giving you a little more time. :)

Rusty, go post IC about winning. ;)

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#68 Post by Marullus »

ffilz wrote:Sorry, I probably will not have time for a response in setting course before Sunday evening at the earliest. If I manage to get one in, you'll see it, otherwise know that I will work on a thoughtful response Sunday or Monday.
Looking forward to this. :)

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#69 Post by ffilz »

Gah., it's been a crazy week so far... I really will try and get a plan stated soon...

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#70 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Fillz:
Am I interpreting that plan correctly?
- lead the host north to the Mirkwood Mountains via the streams
- then our smaller party heads to Moria and checks it as a possible new home
- return for the host and lead them to Moria if it looks good

Marullus:
Can you check the bottom of my character sheet to see that I've logged those tests correctly, please? Thanks.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#71 Post by ffilz »

Rusty Tincanne wrote:Fillz:
Am I interpreting that plan correctly?
- lead the host north to the Mirkwood Mountains via the streams
- then our smaller party heads to Moria and checks it as a possible new home
- return for the host and lead them to Moria if it looks good

Marullus:
Can you check the bottom of my character sheet to see that I've logged those tests correctly, please? Thanks.
Well, other than I think we still need to travel South, yes that is the plan.

Your advancement looks right to me, you might want to indicate Routine: 0/4 Difficult: 1/2 Challenging: 0/1.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#72 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Thanks! :)

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#73 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Knowledgeable statements based on our wises? Or all skills?

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#74 Post by Marullus »

Wises.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#75 Post by ffilz »

Marullus wrote:Wises.
And note you can test wises you don't have... Beginners Luck and all that... :-)

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#76 Post by Marullus »

Indeed! :D Beginner's Luck wises are awesome and failure is FUN! :)
Craigers07 wrote:"The ancient records may not show anything dangerous, but has any dwarf been to the mountains up north recently?"
Craigers - we need to finish your sheet so we know what wises/skills you have and at what level. You then contribute to the plan (assuming your knowledge is correct by making up facts) and then we roll your Wises to see if you were right or not.

Do you need help with your sheet? Can someone look it over and propose a solution for him?

Craigers07
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#77 Post by Craigers07 »

Ok, I must have a few more to add to my character sheet. I'll update it.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#78 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Sorry for my silence. I've got a bunch of irons in the real life fire. I'll post something ASAP.

Marullus, would Blundrin's knowledge/affiliation with Erebor outcasts allow him to know if dwarfs are raiding in the mirkwood mountains?

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#79 Post by Marullus »

Yes. Most facts like that are the results of player rolls in Burning Wheel.
- Roll an appropriate -Wise to find out if your desired fact is actually true
- Roll Circles back at the Caravan to find someone who has experience there. The roll determines if you find someone, and if they are helpful or have enmity.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#80 Post by ffilz »

So what posting frequency are folks up to? I know I've been a bit challenged to respond in a timely fashion, but I'm feeling like I'm carrying a lot of the weight here.

Burning Wheel is a little less suited to a quiet player giving occasional input. It really helps drive the game if folks post how they are helping as much as possible.

Return to “The Rise of Smaug (Burning Wheel)”