Action Thread 4

Solinor
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: Action Thread 4

#81 Post by Solinor »

Wulfgard recites prayers of good fortune and well-being for the group, as he follows where the braver members lead.

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#82 Post by Distorted Humor »

Odo follows, but makes sure is sword is ready for action.

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#83 Post by Vargr1105 »

"What?" Rake comments as he looks around to Odo and Malak. "Have I been elected leader of this little trek to investigate yonder sounds?...Well, so be it!"

Without further word he starts making his way to the passage from where the noise is heard. Sword and shield readied for the worst.

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#84 Post by saalaria »

Varkos will let the 3 sneaky types go ahead then lead the rest of the group down the passage, keeping a good few feet back (50 feet maybe) so the noise of our advance does not give them away.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#85 Post by tkrexx »

Just give me a direction to point my spear. The ranger is ready.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#86 Post by Argennian »

Zafalia moves eastward slightly from her current position and continues to strain her eyes and ears down the eastward passage, as if she notices something...

Edit: OOC: I missed a pm and so modified my original post!
Last edited by Argennian on Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#87 Post by rredmond »

Day 1 – 11:35a

Updating MO, putting sneaky types up front, with Rake leading.

After some discussion, and some readjusting of the Marching Order the party decides to head west toward the noise. Making a right, you enter into the passageway. After about 40’ the passageway makes a turn (see map here viewtopic.php?p=15581#p15581) and Rake stops you all.

It seems that the noise is getting louder. You can all hear it further down the passage, but there’s a side passage shooting out from this main one. (on the map I’ve noted the side passage with a red arrow. The second red arrow is the continuation of the main passage, which get’s you closer to the clicking sounds).

There doesn’t seem to be any noise or light coming from the side passage. But then again it’s about 20 to 25’ away from you.

Malak has the torch and only light source at this point I believe.

HPs: Malak - 15/15; Varkos - 22/22; Ilhalevar - 8/8; Al'Zur- 7/7; SoT - 25/25; Wulfgard - 12/12; Zafalia - 11/11; Korgul - 24/24; Odo - 17/17; Rake - 6/6
WIH: Malak: short sword; Varkos: long sword; Ilhalevar: quarterstaff; Al'Zur: long sword; SoT: Spear, shield; Wulfgard: staff; Zafalia: spear, shield; Korgul: battle axe, shield; Odo: short sword; Rake: long sword
MO (10’): 1- Rake; 2- Odo and Malak; 2- Korgul and Varkos; 3- SoT; 4- Ilhalevar and Al'Zur; 5- Zafalia and Wulfgard; 6- Rake
Consumables: Hooded lamp (Zafalia) - 4 hours left (off), 30' radius; Torch, 25 minutes (Malak), 40' radius; Torch, 60 minutes (off), 40’ radius.
--------Spells: Ilhalevar: 1-1/2; Al'Zur: 1-1/1; Wulfgard: 1-4/4, 2-2/2; Zafalia: 1-4/4, 2-3/3
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Solinor
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#88 Post by Solinor »

Wulfgard says forcefully I do not believe this is the direction we should be going, let us turn back and go the opposite of this path!
Last edited by Solinor on Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#89 Post by Alethan »

From the middle of the party, Ilhalevar shrugs, "It matters not to me, so far, which way we go."
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#90 Post by Argennian »

When the others begin to head down the western tunnel, Zafalia stops trying to strain her eyes and ears down the eastern passage and moves over to them quickly. She signals for them to hold up and huddle, then lowers her voice.

"Friends, I am not sure of what I saw back down yonder tunnel, " she explains, pointing back east in the other direction with her spear, "but there was some kind of heat signature down that other passageway. I heard no noise and observed no obvious movement from where I was, but I suspect that there is a bend in the passage that could be concealing it."

She then notices that everyone is looking at Wulfgard and Ilhalevar. "Did I miss something?" she queries.

Edit/OOC: I missed a pm from Ron in regards to what Zaf noticed while looking and listening down the eastern passage (the one heading right from the intersection on the map, I believe). I modified my previous post to reflect this.
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#91 Post by tkrexx »

The Priestess has yet to steer us wrong. Crickets I can live with, but a true Brave of the Storm will not be skulked upon! The Ranger looks to Rake for approval.

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#92 Post by Nuke66 »

"We should deal with the obvious threat first, which, in my opinion is the noise. No sense in getting run up on from behind."

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#93 Post by Alethan »

"the noise is methodical, like the rotation of a water wheel... But it isn't exactly repetitive. I'm not able to tell if it is mechanical or living, though." Ilhalevar adds, thoughtfully.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#94 Post by rredmond »

Day 1 – 11:38a

You are stopped still as noted on the map here viewtopic.php?p=15581#p15581

It seems that the noise is getting louder. You can all hear it further down the passage, but there’s a side passage shooting out from this main one. (on the map I’ve noted the side passage with a red arrow. The second red arrow is the continuation of the main passage, which get’s you closer to the clicking sounds).

The clicking and creaking noises do not stop, but they seemed to be joined by another noise. A squeaking noise... multiple, rodent type, squeaking noise. Your best bet is the noises are coming from the same passage (the more straight ahead one) than the clicking and creaking.

Malak has the torch and only light source, for the humans. ;)

HPs: Malak - 15/15; Varkos - 22/22; Ilhalevar - 8/8; Al'Zur- 7/7; SoT - 25/25; Wulfgard - 12/12; Zafalia - 11/11; Korgul - 24/24; Odo - 17/17; Rake - 6/6
WIH: Malak: short sword; Varkos: long sword; Ilhalevar: quarterstaff; Al'Zur: long sword; SoT: Spear, shield; Wulfgard: staff; Zafalia: spear, shield; Korgul: battle axe, shield; Odo: short sword; Rake: long sword
MO (10’): 1- Rake; 2- Odo and Malak; 2- Korgul and Varkos; 3- SoT; 4- Ilhalevar and Al'Zur; 5- Zafalia and Wulfgard; 6- Rake
Consumables: Hooded lamp (Zafalia) - 4 hours left (off), 30' radius; Torch, 22 minutes (Malak), 40' radius; Torch, 60 minutes (off), 40’ radius.
--------Spells: Ilhalevar: 1-1/2; Al'Zur: 1-1/1; Wulfgard: 1-4/4, 2-2/2; Zafalia: 1-4/4, 2-3/3

This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#95 Post by Vargr1105 »

"Don't need a heat source to know there's definitively something alive there." Rake says pointing at the passage, "I'd bet rats, large ones...if we're lucky. If not, were-rats. Let us get this over with!"

The tall man continues towards the cacophonous passage, weapon readied to strike at a moment's notice.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#96 Post by dmw71 »

Vargr1105 wrote:Let us get this over with!"

The tall man continues towards the cacophonous passage, weapon readied to strike at a moment's notice.
"Hey, I'm with you." Malak states, readying his sword in his non-torch bearing hand. He follows Rake, reading himself for large rodents. "Were-rats?" he repeats. He presses on, but nervously slow down a step.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#97 Post by saalaria »

OOC - I assume we have bunched up again now
Varkos tries to walk as quietly as possible behind the 2 thieves - gap at 10 foot now.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#98 Post by tkrexx »

Ah, rats, a Ranger's staple. He hoists his spear, shooting a glance at the Druidess.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#99 Post by Argennian »

Zafalia strains her halfling ears to see if she can determine if in fact they're the sounds of rats approaching.

As the noise gets louder, she looks over at Son of Thunder and nods as she takes up a deep pinch of Greater Mistletoe between her fingers. The druidess moves up to be just behind those in the front line, so that she may be afforded a better view. She lowers her voice and whispers to the others. "If they are indeed common animals, I will use my speak with animals spell on them. Hopefully they can be temporarily placated and we can finally learn something about this strange place and its denizens..."

OOC: If any kind of animal comes into Malak's light, Zaf will cast her spell.

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#100 Post by Alethan »

Ilhalevar stands ready to swing at any rats with her staff, should Zafalia be unable to communicate with them.

Return to “Pod-Caverns Of The Sinister Shroom”