Hi-Lo (mercantile)

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

Re: Hi-Lo (mercantile)

#681 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Ahlmzhad wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:47 pm Feanol

She quickly counts out 20 gp and chooses the hand axe and three of the spears. "These will do nicely, Thanks Nallissa"

Weighed down with her new purchases (actually dragging the spear hafts behind her) she struggles back to her tent to prep for the next days start.

Nallissa clears her throat loudly and shows the TWO spears off again.

"Sorry if you weren't listening closely, but I only have these two for sale. Did you want one of the daggers instead?"

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#682 Post by Jernau35 »

The Knife

As is his habit, The Knife pops into the Hi Lo during someone else's transaction.

"Hello again miss! Don't mind me. Whenever you have a moment."

"I have a couple of quick questions for you: Do you sell some kind of protective tarpaulin? And if so, how much does it cost per square yard?"
Chance of being Suprised: 33%

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#683 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Jernau35 wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:27 pm The Knife

As is his habit, The Knife pops into the Hi Lo during someone else's transaction.

"Hello again miss! Don't mind me. Whenever you have a moment."

"I have a couple of quick questions for you: Do you sell some kind of protective tarpaulin? And if so, how much does it cost per square yard?"
Nallissa smiles down at the gnome.

"We have had a run on those recently, but I do have one small tarp left to sell. I don't charge by the yard though. This one is 15 gold coins. Kind of expensive, I know."

Looking over the tarp, TK finds it large enough to create a small tent for himself, but not much else would fit inside once erected.

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#684 Post by Ahlmzhad »

OGRE MAGE wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:50 pm
Ahlmzhad wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:47 pm Feanol

She quickly counts out 20 gp and chooses the hand axe and three of the spears. "These will do nicely, Thanks Nallissa"

Weighed down with her new purchases (actually dragging the spear hafts behind her) she struggles back to her tent to prep for the next days start.

Nallissa clears her throat loudly and shows the TWO spears off again.

"Sorry if you weren't listening closely, but I only have these two for sale. Did you want one of the daggers instead?"
Sorry posting quickly from work. Yes another dagger is fine.

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#685 Post by Jernau35 »

The Knife

The Knife rubs his freshly-shaven chin. "Hmm...sadly that's a little beyond my purse at the moment. Perhaps when I return from my current expedition, laden with gold"

"Thank you!"
The Knife departs as quickly as he appeared.
Chance of being Suprised: 33%

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#686 Post by Bluehorse »

OGRE MAGE wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:44 pm
Bluehorse wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:59 pm
OGRE MAGE wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:16 pm
She couldn't hear you from inside her store. (hint, hint) ;)
Next he will go to the Hi-Lo store to see Nelissa. Nelissa? Good morning. Hope you are doing well. I hate to pester you, but do you happen to have any chains? Also I am in need of animal feed if you have any. I know both of those are a stretch, but I figured it was worth asking to see if there was any.

I thought the Hi-Lo was the store. My mistake.
Facepalm!

The Hi-Lo IS the store!!!

Do you wanna try again?

I hear the third time is the charm, but I'm having my doubts. :lol:

Here is another hint:
viewtopic.php?f=446&t=6348
Bluehorse drags his post all the way over here, digs a hole, pours in the quickcrete, waits a couple hours and smooths the sand over it.

Liam feeling rather cosmically and temporally shuffled about in ways he cannot truly fathom, nor would he want to...

Next he will go to the Hi-Lo store to see Nelissa. Nelissa? Good morning. Hope you are doing well. I hate to pester you, but do you happen to have any chains? Also I am in need of animal feed if you have any. I know both of those are a stretch, but I figured it was worth asking to see if there was any.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#687 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Nallissa smirks at her fellow human.

"Well hello mister Liam, you look down right confused and angry today. Are you feeling okay, sir?" She jokes.

"There is little call for chain here, and with no animals left, other than yours, I don't keep any feed on hand either."

"I can order both for you from the mainland, but it will be a week or so before it arrives, at the earliest."

"Sorry, but that's about the best I can do for you."

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#688 Post by Bluehorse »

Liam nods. Fair enough. What would be the cost? Also, when is the Captain due back? I wish to have a word with him. I am worried the dwarves either have or soon will lay claim to the dock as their own and push us off of it. We really need to start making arrangements for a myriad of reasons to move the town east for better soil, access to water, and safety. Especially if it was only the logging business keeping us at this spot to begin with. Moving the dock further that way might be the first step.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#689 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Nallissa starts to laugh but quickly stifles it.

"Oh, sorry. It's just that...... If I had a gold piece for every time I heard someone suggesting that we move the town, and then not doing anything about it, I'd be able to retire."

"I expect Captain Quark back any day now. Possibly later today, but more likely sometime tomorrow."

"The price depends on how big you need the chain to be, and how much feed you were looking to purchase."

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#690 Post by Bluehorse »

Liam struggles a little. He knew his funds were all but depleted and he had bet on there being plenty for the animals to graze on here. He knew he needed only to supplement though.

not finding rules on this, but assuming Liam gives them say 1/4 ration feed each day for however long between when Quark arrives, how much would that cost?

2 chains, say 15 feet each. I'll have to do some figuring in the feed. What is the rate for 1 50lb bag so I have an idea what I am working with?

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#691 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Nallissa pulls out a large ledger from behind the counter and pages through it for a moment.

"The standard chain will cost upwards of a gold piece per foot, so 30gp total for that."

"I can get you 50 pounds of grain feed for....... 25 gold pieces."

"Lets just say 50 gold for both. Does that sound fair to you, sir?"

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#692 Post by Bluehorse »

Liam nods. Sounds fair. Make it 100lbs. he hands over the 20 platinum to cover it.

While we're at it, how much to order a cow over?

If I remember right 1 platinum = 5 gold.
coins removed.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#693 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Nallissa looks back confused.

"This is the equivalent of 100 gold coins. Is the remining 25 coins supposed to be a tip?" She winks and smiles.

Shaking her head about the request for a cow, she continues. "You will need to ask the Captain about that one. I know he can get one, but it is up to him if he wants to transport live cargo."

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#694 Post by Bluehorse »

Liam had hoped the extra coins would cover ordering the cow, but remembering the ire of Captain Quark once they arrived with all his livestock the first time, Liam takes back the extra coins. I'll talk to him about it then. Hopefully he has forgiven the mess they left on his deck when I arrived... he looks to Nelissa. So switching horses for a moment... How do things fair here and for you personally? Anything you are needing? No grievances that need aired? Messages I can pass along?

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#695 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Nallissa laughs softly about the mess comment. "Yes, Quark did mention something about that, a few times, actually. Good luck with him."

She looks fondly at the next questions, as if she appreciates being allowed a voice.

"Well, since you asked.... with all the talk about moving the town lately, I would like some assurance that the store here will be kept in consideration. I wont be able to move all of this myself, obviously." The rotund woman waves her arm out in the direction of her meager supply of merchandise.

"Bad blood between us and the dwarves could spell disaster for me here if they ever come calling, looking for compensation for the clan members you killed. You understand that, right?"

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#696 Post by Bluehorse »

OGRE MAGE wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:45 pm Nallissa laughs softly about the mess comment. "Yes, Quark did mention something about that, a few times, actually. Good luck with him."
Liam laughs and nods. Yeah, I might need it...
OGRE MAGE wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:45 pm She looks fondly at the next questions, as if she appreciates being allowed a voice.

"Well, since you asked.... with all the talk about moving the town lately, I would like some assurance that the store here will be kept in consideration. I wont be able to move all of this myself, obviously." The rotund woman waves her arm out in the direction of her meager supply of merchandise.

"Bad blood between us and the dwarves could spell disaster for me here if they ever come calling, looking for compensation for the clan members you killed. You understand that, right?"
I do. Damn I wish that would have went better... I will speak with Sister Daisy about a plan to assure you and your shop are taken care of.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#697 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Nallissa

"I appreciate the thought, mister Liam. Could you keep me in the loop on any decisions that get made?"

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#698 Post by Bluehorse »

OGRE MAGE wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:11 pm Nallissa

"I appreciate the thought, mister Liam. Could you keep me in the loop on any decisions that get made?"
Liam nods. You have my word. As a matter of fact, should the counsel come together as I have suggested, it was my thought that you should be a voice upon it. I am sure you alone account for at least 1/3 the economy here. It would make sense for you to have a voice to be heard by everyone, as well as hear what is happening around town so you could do your part to help as you can. What say you? Sound like something you could be interested in once we can get a more democratic form of government?

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#699 Post by OGRE MAGE »

"Ummmmmm, sure! I'm no leader, but I can help with certain decisions and such. Nobody has ever asked me that before, so I appreciate the offer."

Return to “Completed Missions”