Everyday Life in Beachtown

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: Everyday Life in Beachtown

#1521 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Jobo

"Thank'e Sir. Jobo's the name, just looking for a fresh start. Hadn't heard anything about Dwarves on this island, what are they up to?" Looking around at the level of dilapidation "Did everyone leave? was there some sort of attack?"

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#1522 Post by OGRE MAGE »

"People's been leaving fer days now. Ever since them damn dwarves started comin round. And all because some fools tried spyin on their mine er some such nonsense. They came in and took what they wanted. Supplies, animals, people, everything! They're building a structure of some kind over there, but they don't talk to anyone about it. Most sane people here have fled to the river where they're trying to construct a new village by movin all this stuff over there. That's why the bulidings was taken apart. Those piles of wood is just waiting fer space on the next cart that returns."

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#1523 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Jobo

"Well I may have to go find somplace ta' hides ol' Festus 'eer, tho it might be funnier afflicting him upon them Dwarveses. Sa' what's keepin' you around old timer?"

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#1524 Post by OGRE MAGE »

"Names Milton, but most folks just call me Henry. A few of us is holdin out. We aint ready to let them brutes boot us from the land we worked so hard ta tame. I gotta feeling we's all gonna be movin eventually, but as long as ol' Randall remains here, I will too. Have ya tried his grog? Good stuff."

"I got a little lean-to set up in the jungle over there. Yer welcome to tie yer animal up there and let it graze whilst we chat."

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#1525 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Jobo

"Can't say my folks wouldn't have tried to hang on too, so I wish you well. Maybe I'll help out if we find any others interested. I do thank'ee for the kind offer, because if anyone is going to abuse ol' Festus it'll be me. I have tried his Grog, it's not bad, now mind you if I had my gear I could do better."

I'll move along with him and put Festus to work, and get him and my gear out of site of those dwarves.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#1526 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Jobo finds a shady spot out of sight of the dwarves. Festus has a good time sampling all the exotic plants and ferns at the edge of the thick jungle, chewing on them like an animal.

The halfling watches as other adventurer types move around town, also being very cautious of the several dwarves positioned at the head of the wide trail leading north.

With town life in an uneasy and unpredictable shambles at the moment, Jobo might have to ask around to find some work or adventure.

I will try to include him into the conversations about what people are doing next, but it may take a bit for me to figure that out. So please stand by. :D

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#1527 Post by Ahlmzhad »

No problem

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#1528 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Ahlmzhad wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:13 pm No problem
If you don't mind a little steering from behind the screen.....

Festus finds a narrow trail leading into the jungle and heads in, happy to walk deeper into the shaded area where he can continue to eat.

Seeing 3 heavily armored dwarves in the distance now headed his way, Jobo starts to wonder if his goat knows a good thing when he sees it.

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#1529 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Jobo

Jobo notices his goat wandering off into the brush and stands to yell at him to come back, when he notices dwarveses coming this way, and using his halfling wiles grabs his gear and slinks quietly and inconspicuously down the trail his goat had headed down.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#1530 Post by OGRE MAGE »

It would seem that Festus and Jobo have found a new, but fairly well used path that runs alongside the main loggers trail, leading north into the thick jungle. They hike in a bit further and begin hearing what sounds like construction noises from somewhere between them and the main trail. The halfling makes out a few shouts in an old Dwarven tongue, but isn’t close enough to hear any full conversation.

Festus continues walking the tight trail a good distance further into the jungle, before he stops suddenly and bleats quietly to himself, still chewing on some unknown leaves. Jobo spots movement ahead, a man sized figure who also appears to be searching around through the dark jungle.

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#1531 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Jobo

Jobo takes advantage of Festus pause to catch up with him and grab his halter. "Well, well old boy, what have you found? Can we be of any assistance?" He'll say quietly to the man searching on the trail. "I'd urge a bit of caution as those dwarvses making all thet noisesomness aren't the friendliest crew I've ever run in to."

Brunnacht
Tracker
Tracker

#1532 Post by Brunnacht »

Til-Dirion
He replies very quietly
"Yeah, I want to avoid catching their attention. This place looks like a decent place to hide. You're hiding too. There's safety in numbers. Are they slavers?"
He crouches down and stays as quiet as possible, wondering what the dwarves are doing, but also keeping an eye and a smile on the one who's found him.
Last edited by Brunnacht on Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#1533 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Jobo

"Not truly sure what they is. They's disagreeable I figures by the looks of the way they broke up the poor folks living on the beaches houses. I don't knows if they be slavers or not, but figured it was prudent not to push the matter. I'd agree the more of us there is the better our chances. I saw a big bunch of people heading up the coast right after I arrived. Was beginning to think I should have gone with them. Oh, the names Jobo, this here worthless beast is Festus. If we could find a few more folks we could take off to see what we could find and get away from them Dwarvses."

Brunnacht
Tracker
Tracker

#1534 Post by Brunnacht »

Til-dirion
"Let's go find some others. I'm not liking those dwarves, they're a very different kind.
I'm wanting my goods back, my quick waggon and my horse. I'm Til-dirion, trader and trade warrior, good to meet you. Please, lead on, I'm keen to get away from THEM."

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#1535 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Jobo

"Absomlutely! Took your horse and wagon dids they? Not right, not right at all. Lets heads this way. Festus eat us a trail boy." I'll give Festus a push in the direction of the Treehouse, and have him blaze the trail for us.

Brunnacht
Tracker
Tracker

#1536 Post by Brunnacht »

Til-dirion follows them as quietly as possible, using his eyes and ears to spot any danger along the way.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#1537 Post by OGRE MAGE »

While this duo of recent arrivals to the island continue to attempt to sort out what is happening in town, they hear a group of travelers talking off in the distance.

Peering through the heavy foliage in that direction, they spot a group of adventurers, apparently on their way into the shambled town they just left.

That action is explained a bit better here: viewtopic.php?p=559987#p559987

Brunnacht
Tracker
Tracker

#1538 Post by Brunnacht »

Til-dirion
"Hey Jobo, maybe we should speak to them on the path. They look like they're avoiding the dwarves as well. Strength in numbers."
He slowly emerges from the bush with his walking stick in his right hand, whilst the left hand is raised in welcome.

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#1539 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Jobo

Agreed!

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#1540 Post by OGRE MAGE »

What's Left Of Town

Andron and Torbath sneak towards the west, using the distant battle as a distraction to make their way unseen.

They find a plank in the area where the common houses once stood and make their way down to the water's edge.

The dwarves don't seem to be paying them any mind, allowing them to leave up the beach along the edge of the jungle, if they prefer.

Other than the blocky looking ship out at sea, they don't see anything else up the beach or out on the water.

By Randall's description, they trail they seek into the jungle cant be far away.

Return to “Completed Missions”