Everyday Life in Beachtown

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Everyday Life in Beachtown

#1501 Post by Bluehorse »

Liam Keeps jotting notes and looks up to listen. About the ferry... I am all for it. Do we have an engineer that could help design a sturdy one? Not to be difficult, just saying it would be good to go forward with a literal plan so we could move go ahead with the construction as quickly as possible.

I would advise we hold off on moving the livestock until we have the ferry ready so we have minimal risk of losing any to the river, but this will be a minimal delay.

Narrissa, I think your suggestion about the sawmill materials is a capital idea. Our new placement by the river will give us an opportunity to use the river's flow to power it as well, so win win.

Caleb, would you be so kind as to see whom among the farmers would be willing to volunteer to move with us on phase 1 as soon as possible? I can trust Joe with tending the animals, of course. He is a good and steady man. So I Volunteer myself to go ahead if no one has a prior claim upon me that I do not know about.

I also agree we can take the Zillas with us. They can help drag materials along the way and will likely be helpful in clearing the land when we get there both with their labor as well as their appetites.

I would suggest bringing a fisherman or two as well. The waters here are fished out, but maybe the mouth of the river will offer us some small bounty.
I know the natives have been baiting traps in the river with some success, perhaps we can do the same, and there is likely to be fish feeding at the mouth of the river as well.

What do we have as building materials right now that can be spared for the sake of getting a quick start? I assume we will need to take at least a single plow and some minimal tools as well. A Strong rope for the ferry... Hmmm... are there any boats in disrepair or unused that we could procure? If we have a couple fishermen out of work, but with functional craft, we could bring them along with the provision that they donate their boats to the purpose of a ferry and the job of operating it once it is in use? Surely there is someone among them that might be willing to adjust their living for an offer like that? Plus their skills with rope and net making would be invaluable with early efforts.

Jaxsen? Where are you with speaking with the Phantatons? I seem to remember that you were making some progress with being able to speak with them.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1502 Post by Urson »

Daisy
Daisy is all smiles as she hears the plans being put forward for establishing the new town. Ah knew Ah picked right, Liam.

She waits a few minutes, while the crew for Phase One is settled. Ah'm going to make another try at bein' a diplomat. The locals who have that Shire of farmland near the waterfall would be great allies, iffen we can get them. Ah'll want a few folks to go with me- with the pirates gone, we should have fewer troubles gettin' upriver to talk with 'em. Do ya'll suppose they'd appreciate steel tools for farmin', or weapons more?
FA FO

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1503 Post by Bluehorse »

Urson wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:57 pm Daisy...Do ya'll suppose they'd appreciate steel tools for farmin', or weapons more?
Liam points out: I believe they would appreciate both. Give them a variety of weapons and tools we can spare... and I know the irony of that statement... no pun intended. But I think if we offer them some gifts and demonstrate how to use them, they will see another benefit of working with us. That alone will make us more appealing than the Stoneguts who I am sure they have already had contact with by now in some way, or at least I would be more surprised if they hadn't. Either way... Friends are better than foes. Let us be open and honest with them, treat them friendly and with respect. They seem the type to return that kind of kindness. In the meantime, we will begin work on the relocation. Someone should also inform Snarfu about our plans and what we have learned about the Stoneguts.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#1504 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Marge is delighted by the enthusiasm she is seeing so far.

"Good ider on the fishing boats, Liam. The fishermen told me earlier they was done with going out into the deeper waters after seeing what they thought was a sea devil earlier, and losing another man to the depths, so they are pretty much available to go along with the first phase. They can rig up their boats as a ferry with little modifications necessary, and can fish the river whenever they have any down time. Joe is a good man and will do what's best fer the town, as long as it aint too dangerous a work."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#1505 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Bluehorse wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:15 pm OM, can we get a close up of the east side of the river? Say from the first Native Privillion south to the sea and a few miles/hexes to either side? Do we have locations marked for where we saw the termite colonies and the Ogre Camp? For the overall Map I mean.
This area was vaguely explored, but not altered in any way, so it will look just as it does on the current overall map.

If you want to pinpoint a spot where you want to put the ferry, I will give you a blown up version of that specific area, if you like.

Quonundrum
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1506 Post by Quonundrum »

Is the pirate lacedon infestation common knowledge now? I don't think we explicitly warned anybody in an RP post about it before.

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1507 Post by Jernau35 »

It might be known but not necessarily believed. Marge continues to take water parties past the spot on the beach where the sea monster hunts.
Chance of being Suprised: 33%

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#1508 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Jernau35 wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:25 pm It might be known but not necessarily believed. Marge continues to take water parties past the spot on the beach where the sea monster hunts.
This is accurate.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1509 Post by Monsieur Rose »

The Princess

She follows Sir Narramore back to the barracks and is present for the conversations. "I'll go as well. Someone's got to keep an eye on our equipment, right Nallissa? And you boys may need a tender touch for those Zillas."

"The trail is sand, right? Packed enough for a cart, or do we need sleds?"

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#1510 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Marge pipes up again.

"The trail is hard packed sand, and we would love to have you join us, Princess. I know that Nallissa can't be away from the store for very long, so she can attend to anything here while we break ground at the river."

"If Liam allows us his cart to use again, we could bring water back on the first return trip as well, killing two birds........oh I really should come up with a less offensive saying one of these days."

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1511 Post by Bluehorse »

OGRE MAGE wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:02 pm "
"If Liam allows us his cart to use again, we could bring water back on the first return trip as well, killing two birds........oh I really should come up with a less offensive saying one of these days."
Liam nods. Agreed. I will have Jack hooked to the cart and carrying goods there along with the empty barrels et al. Then once we unload what we are taking at the river Marge and the ladies can take him back with the load of water. I think this is the best arrangement for the town as we moved goods and people east and will be efficient for the water bearers as well. Joe will be more than happy to care for Jack between trips as usual.
Marge, on that note, could you have one of your girls check in on him now and again to make sure he is taking care of himself. He is a genius when it comes to caring for the animals but but I worry about him when I am gone.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#1512 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Bluehorse wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:02 pmMarge, on that note, could you have one of your girls check in on him now and again to make sure he is taking care of himself. He is a genius when it comes to caring for the animals but but I worry about him when I am gone.[/dialog]
The large woman simply beams with pride.

"You see everyone! I told you all along that all we need to do here is to care for one another as we would our own families. From what I have heard so far, we are well on our way to starting......or should I say restarting something very special. Something that a lot of doubters wouldn't have ever believed."

"Of course we will check in on him, and anyone else who needs it. I know this move wont be easy, but if we stick together, we can make our new town a much better place to survive. And survive we will!"

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#1513 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Glansandi stands again.

"It is settled then. Our first crew will head out in the morning, bringing any supplies they think they will need to get started and with enough protection to keep them safe. Well, safe from the threats we know about anyway."

"Is there anything else that needs to be discussed before we begin preparations for the morning trip?"

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1514 Post by Monsieur Rose »

The Princess

The Princess merely shakes her head in response. She appears deep in thought. "Let's talk about plans, then."

"Who is going? We'll need both guards and workers. And of course, that means all the more provisions needed." She looks To Liam. "I'd like to take my forge and supplies over, to set up fresh. We may need to fashion a sled to carry more."

Paladin
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#1515 Post by Paladin »

Sir William Narramore

The knight wears a pensive frown. "I fear that all this might come to nothing if the Stoneguts decide to pay us another visit before we cement any alliances with others on the island," he mutters. "We must plan and act, of course. But what happens should they decide to interfere? Have we a contingency plan for that?"

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1516 Post by Urson »

Daisy
Ah'll go talk to Nalissa about tools and weapons. Moving to Hi/Lo
FA FO

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#1517 Post by OGRE MAGE »

New thread is up!

viewtopic.php?f=446&t=11222

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#1518 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Jobo

Reaching Festus he quiets his beast and takes a good look around town. Looking for some shade to get himself and Festus in as he is wary of the rising sun's effects.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#1519 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The next ship to arrive with passengers (Jobo, etc.) will happen sometime after the latest crew leaves for the river.

I have already written up the consequences of the last unfortunate Stonegut "meeting" (but haven't posted it yet), so things in town are going to look a bit different to any newer characters, as it will to the furthest (in time) group who are about to return.

I hope that makes sense.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#1520 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Ahlmzhad wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:52 pm Jobo

Reaching Festus he quiets his beast and takes a good look around town. Looking for some shade to get himself and Festus in as he is wary of the rising sun's effects.
The first thing Jobo notices about the town is how disheveled everything looks. There are several half built buildings and dismembered shacks everywhere. The halfling also notices that there are almost no people around outside.

He moves inland, towards some shade at the edge of the jungle, where a lone farmer works a dried up patch of sandy land. The farmer notices the halfling and waves him over to a shady spot.

"Hey there stranger. You must be new here, eh? I'd watch out fer that goat a yers little master, before the damn dwarves take that too!"

Jobo looks over to a wide trail lined with logs that leads north into the jungle. There are a dozen armed and armored dwarves in that area, but they aren't looking in his direction, yet.

Return to “Completed Missions”