The Quest Begins

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: The Quest Begins

#61 Post by Alethan »

Distorted Humor wrote:I will be following up the rear and spiking doors open.
(right... and every door closes behind you unless you spike it.)
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#62 Post by saalaria »

max_vale wrote:Durin finds himself suddenly holding two torches; shrugging his shoulders, he extingushes the one he just lit and sets it on the ground and carries the one Kytan just handed to him.

Following the rest of the party, Durin happily says; "Well...we can always come back and exampine this passage we just discovered"; and then follows the party towards the doors they passed earlier.

OOC - lol - sorry Durin! Love it - I laughed out loud. My wife wonders what I am up to on this laptop all the time!

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#63 Post by dmw71 »

Eugene looks on amusingly. "Boldus, I can take this one for you if the door doesn't present enough of a challenge to you." he offers.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

acererak
Tracker
Tracker

#64 Post by acererak »

I am going to assume Boldus opens the door Boldus gives the door to the west a quick shove. Durin holds his torch high and light pours down the corridor. The passage beyond the door appears to go about 30' straight ahead and then turns right. On the floor of the passage, just in front of where you opened the door, lies the burnt out stub of a torch. You can hear a faint sound of dripping water coming from somewhere......

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#65 Post by Alethan »

10'
Boldus/Caby
Durin/Eugene
Atticus/Kytan
"Well, let's see what we can find out," Caby says, nudging the burnt out torch aside with her foot.

Ax in her left hand and short sword in her right, she advances down the corridor (hopefully with Boldus along side her).

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#66 Post by Distorted Humor »

Atticus pauses and spikes the door open. Then catches up with the group.

Xaxyx
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#67 Post by Xaxyx »

"I like your spirit!" Boldus says to Caby, nodding in approval. He then proceeds at a brisk pace (brisk for dwarves, in any event) down the corridor, sword drawn, intending to round the corner.

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#68 Post by saalaria »

Distorted Humor wrote:Atticus pauses and spikes the door open. Then catches up with the group.
Each time this happens, Kytan slows his pace to remain equidistant between the group and Atticus, keeping an eye on both so as not to miss either disappearing (if that were to occur!)

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#69 Post by max_vale »

Durin finds himself eagerly following the others and probably annoying the group as he stops and turns with the torch held out in front of himself when Kytan and Atticus pause to spike the door; thereby leaving the front ranks in less light.

Shrugging his shoulders and giving the front ranks a sheepish grin; Durin faces forward again and eagerly follows behind the bold Dwarf and the well-armed Halfling...

acererak
Tracker
Tracker

#70 Post by acererak »

Turn 3
With Boldus and Caby in the lead the party rounds the corner and finds that the passageway continues 20' straight ahead. The party moves twenty more feet. Another passageway ( no door) opens to your left or you can continue straight. Both passages continue as far as torchlight will indicate with no other discernible features save the stonework.

Xaxyx
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#71 Post by Xaxyx »

Glancing only briefly down the side tunnel, Boldus continues forging ahead. He'll keep a sharp dwarven eye out for any unusual characteristics of the stonework, particularly any that might indicate a trap.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#72 Post by Alethan »

Trusting her dwarven companion's instincts, Caby quietly walks along side Boldus.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#73 Post by dmw71 »

Alethan wrote:Trusting her dwarven companion's instincts, Caby quietly walks along side Boldus.
Eugene will fall into his place in the marching order and follow along.
-- Project --
-- DM --

acererak
Tracker
Tracker

#74 Post by acererak »

Boldus and Caby continue in the lead, 10, 20,30, 40 feet forward. Boldus halts abruptly before the 50' mark, something does not look right with the stonework on the floor just ahead. Additionally, the party can observe a door set in the right side of the wall about 20' from where they are standing as well as another opening in the left wall just at the end of the torchlight (30'). The passage also continues straight ahead as far as the eye can see.....

Xaxyx
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#75 Post by Xaxyx »

"Hold!" Boldus says loudly, putting a hand out to stop Caby's advance. "I smell a trap. Look here."

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#76 Post by dmw71 »

Xaxyx wrote:"Hold!" Boldus says loudly, putting a hand out to stop Caby's advance. "I smell a trap. Look here."
"I think he means me," Eugene says to Caby. "Here, let me take a look."

ooc: I assume the DM will make this roll, as Eugene would not know whether or not his search attempt was successful (Note: Find or Remove Traps: 25%).
-- Project --
-- DM --

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#77 Post by Alethan »

Caby holds and makes way for Eugene.

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#78 Post by saalaria »

Kytan watches with interesting but frequently checking behind for anything approaching...

acererak
Tracker
Tracker

#79 Post by acererak »

Eugene lies on the floor, his face a mere inches from the flagstones immediately in front of the party. Cautiously he taps with the pommel of a dagger, the floor below sounds hollow.Pit trap. Eugene deduces that the party could pass single file, either to the left or right of the trap without triggering it. The rolls have been going the party's way so far....

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#80 Post by dmw71 »

acererak wrote:Eugene deduces that the party could pass single file, either to the left or right of the trap without triggering it.
"Hug the wall and follow me," Eugene states. He presses his back up against the wall to the left of the suspected pit trap and cautiously passes by it. "Do we set it off intentionally?" he wonders aloud. "If a hasty retreat is required, it might be helpful to know exactly where this thing is."
-- Project --
-- DM --

Return to “Tomb of the Iron God”