Prologue (2)

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Prologue (2)

#81 Post by Nuke66 »

Karl steps back from the door quietly, moving about three paces, and crouching near the wall. He looks at Cole for direction.

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#82 Post by saalaria »

Gandrel tries to quickly assess the condition of the man on the floor. If he is out of action Gandrel steps to the back of the tower facing the door hoping to loose 2 arrows before anyone steps across the doorway.

Omega1143
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#83 Post by Omega1143 »

Prologue 1.2 (Adventuring)
579 CY, Goodmonth 11 (5:00am)
54h/44l, 10mph

Cole sees what Gandrel is thinking almost as if he was in his head. The warrior flattens his body against the wall next to the entryway opening to reduce the chance of being hit by an arrow.

Gandrel can get two arrows off at one or the other approaching brigand who both apparently can't see well into the tower as they are creeping. Go ahead and roll. After that we will all roll initiative as a normal encounter round will begin.

HP: Castian - 2/2 ; Ausus - 3/3 ; Quoros - 3/4 ; Karalquint - 1/3 ; Gandrel - 4/4
WIH: Castian – Quarterstaff/Free ; Ausus – TH. Sword/TH. Sword ; Quoros – Mace/M. Shield ; Karalquint – L. Sword/M. Shield ; Gandrel – Bow/Bow
MO: Co,G,Q,A,C,K 5'
Consumables:
Spells: Castian - 1: 0/1 Sleepx1 ; Quoros - 1: 0/3 CLWx3 ; Gandrel - 1: 1/1 Color Sprayx1

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#84 Post by dmw71 »

Omega1143 wrote:After that we will all roll initiative as a normal encounter round will begin.
Preemptive initiative roll:
Initiative | No Spell: [1d10] = 3

Castien will remain in the tower, trying to stay off to the side and avoid standing in front of the entryway. He will defer his actions and will strike with his quarterstaff if/when any brigands present themselves. If harm were to befall a party member, Castien will forego an attack and seek to stabilize his fallen companion.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#85 Post by saalaria »

OOC - Hmm Cole gets more interesting the longer we know him!

Okay - hopefully Bandit 1 (closer of the 2) is down:

Bow Fire [1d20+3] = 16+3 = 19 Dam [1d8] = 8

If so - I go for no 2, if not also at no 1 please:

Bow Fire [1d20+3] = 13+3 = 16 Dam [1d8] = 2

Definitely improving!

Then so we are ready:

Modified Initiative [1d10-2] = 2-2 = 0

The roller loves me now!

Assuming I get to go again first:

Bow Fire [1d20+3] = 2+3 = 5 Dam [1d8] = 1

Guess it couldnt last!

Omega1143
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#86 Post by Omega1143 »

54h/44l, 10mph

Gandrel's first arrow shot on the closest brigand hit's center mass piercing his leather armor with force. He immediately drops like a rock.

The rogue gets a split second to see the surprise fear in the eyes of the bandit's companion before his second arrow hit's it's next target in the thigh. The brigand remains standing and immediately turns around and tries to limp full speed back to his group.

The bandit group, without saying a word to each other, begin to all flee toward the NW steps.

The PC group may have another round of actions if any are wanted. Let me know.

HP: Castian - 2/2 ; Ausus - 3/3 ; Quoros - 3/4 ; Karalquint - 1/3 ; Gandrel - 4/4
WIH: Castian – Quarterstaff/Free ; Ausus – TH. Sword/TH. Sword ; Quoros – Mace/M. Shield ; Karalquint – L. Sword/M. Shield ; Gandrel – Bow/Bow
Consumables:
Spells: Castian - 1: 0/1 Sleepx1 ; Quoros - 1: 0/3 CLWx3 ; Gandrel - 1: 1/1 Color Sprayx1

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#87 Post by saalaria »

Gandrel will fire again (how many times can he shoot? I'll do two more to cover it but take whatever is right):

At the injured one:

Bow Fire [1d20+3] = 17+3 = 20 Dam [1d8] = 3

If he goes down this at another target:

Bow Fire [1d20+3] = 10+3 = 13 Dam [1d8] = 8

Wow - potentially great!

Omega1143
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#88 Post by Omega1143 »

54h/44l, 10mph

Gandrel notches a third arrow and connects with his previous target dropping the fleeing brigand in a pool of his own blood. His fourth and final arrow sails wide as the remaining group disappears in the darkness up the steps in the NW corner of the courtyard.

Cole then puts his hand up in the direction of the rogue but still watches out the entryway.

"Enough!," he firmly states. "A job well done but I do not attack a fleeing enemy from behind." Cole then smiles at the group.

"Well, they are either done for good or looking to regroup...if that was all of them."

Consumables:

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#89 Post by dmw71 »

Omega1143 wrote:"Enough!," he firmly states. "A job well done but I do not attack a fleeing enemy from behind." Cole then smiles at the group.

"Well, they are either done for good or looking to regroup...if that was all of them."
"We could always ask this guy," Castien indicates the captured bandit whose blood, most assuredly, has ruined his sash. "Eventually." he adds, acknowledging the current unconscious state the bandit is in.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Omega1143
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#90 Post by Omega1143 »

54h/44l, 10mph

5:00am now puts us at the beginning of the third watch which was agreed upon as Quoros and Gandrel for three more hours. Quoros has had his alloted sleep and may now pray for all three of his spells. It will take him 30 minutes of his watch to do so. Cole indicates he will stay up another hour and try to get two hours of sleep at the end though he looks spent. A couple questions as you head into the third watch:

Any changes at all to watch? Still staying in tower?

What to do with the brigand?

Did you guys clear up the money question on the OCC thread?

Any other actions, statements, fillers I need to know about or need to be posted prior to the third watch commencing?

Quoros, if and when you do decide to pray, same spells or are you switching any out?

Speak now.

Consumables:

Xaxyx
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#91 Post by Xaxyx »

"It can't be safe to stay here," Ausus says. "Surely that fellow will come back with reinforcements. Or flaming oil. Or both. Really, we should head back to town, assuming all are hale enough to make the trip."

He glances down at the unconscious figure. "Maybe we can drag him a long with us. He's probably wanted for some crime or another, no doubt."

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#92 Post by Alethan »

"Aye, I agree. Staying here now is a fool's errand. Either those thugs are planning something bad for us or they're packing up to clear on out. If that means forcing their way back through the courtyard, I'm not sure we want to be trapped in here when that happens. They may just run out and toss some flaming oil in on their way, as Ausus said."

"Cole, better to leave now and come back when we're rested and prepared."

(If the others do not agree, and want to stay, then Quoros will memorize three CLW spells again, as they seem to be what we need most. Or, if they head back to town with the minor spoils they have thus far, he will rest in his room and then memorize the three CLW spells.)
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#93 Post by saalaria »

Gandrel slowly rubs his chin, eyes shining with excitement about his success with the bow.

"I can see two advantages of following them now. One we have them with flight in mind and two they have lost 3 men. However I am happy to go with the majority on the next move as we have some injuries ourselves."

Gandrel will move back to the left of the door and try to peer after where the men went to see if he can see anything. Over his shoulder he says:

"Also what to do with him on the floor? If we want him to live I think he may need some healing."

Omega1143
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#94 Post by Omega1143 »

54h/44l, 10mph

"I'm not leaving,"
Cole says. "Time is of the essence and I must continue forth...even with little sleep."

"Go if you must and may our paths meet again."

Cole appears a bit annoyed and an uneasy silence falls about the tower.

Cole's expression then changes and and he turns to face the group.

"My progress will be slow considering the detail I need to put into my task let alone the fatigue I am facing,"
he continues. "Why doesn't the rogue stay with me and we can sneak around at a snake's pace (he winks at the rogue) while the lot of you head back to town, rest and resupply, and even possibly find us one more sword."

"I trust the cleric's judge of character now..."

A large sincere smile crosses the warriors face as you all realize he is referring to your group.

Consumables:

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#95 Post by Alethan »

Quoros shrugs and says, "Alright, we'll see this part through to the end, then. Let me tend our new friend here, and I will compose myself for the day."

He stabilizes the wounded prisoner and makes sure he is secured before moving off behind the crumbling portion of stairs, clearing a spot on the ground, and meditating for the allotted amount of time necessary to receive his three CLW spells.

Omega1143
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#96 Post by Omega1143 »

54h/44l, 10mph

Does that mean the third watch will commence as scheduled? Castien still needs to finish some rest before studying. If so, any changes?

Consumables:

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#97 Post by dmw71 »

Omega1143 wrote:"I'm not leaving," Cole says. "Time is of the essence and I must continue forth...even with little sleep."
"How are you feeling, Ausus?" Castien asks. "By my calculations, you and Quoros stand to be the most rested of the group. I know I need a few more hours rest, and Cole hasn't had any sleep yet, so I will agree to stay and continue if we can agree to one more shift or rest."

"Either way, we're going to have to decide what to do about this guy." he says, indicating the unconscious bandit. "Unconscious or not, while we remain here in the tower, I say we keep him securely bound and gagged. If we wakes, we press him for answers. If, when we leave he is still unconscious, we can free him from his binds -- or not -- and leave him here."

While the group weighs their options, Castien observes the piles of coins Gandrel assembled in the corner of the room. "I estimate there are about a hundred coins over there." he motions with his head in their general direction. "We could divvy them up and each carry our own share. We could conceal them somewhere in the tower here to avoid carrying the extra weight. Either way is fine by me." He then feels the weight of the ivory box he innocently took possession of in his pack. "There was also this," he says, while he opens his pack and produces it. "I started to study it prior to taking rest. To my knowledge, the only thing unusual about it is my interest in it. I would forego a share of the coins in exchange for keeping possession of it," he says, lightly tapping the side of the box.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#98 Post by Alethan »

dmw71 wrote:...He then feels the weight of the ivory box he innocently took possession of in his pack. "There was also this," he says, while he opens his pack and produces it. "I started to study it prior to taking rest. To my knowledge, the only thing unusual about it is my interest in it. I would forego a share of the coins in exchange for keeping possession of it," he says, lightly tapping the side of the box.

"Eh?" Quoros eyes the ivory box with a curious look. "I'd like to see a value given the box before we call it a 'fair share' of some silvers and coppers, if you don't mind. Might be worth more than the pittance of coin that was the rest of the spider's treasure..."

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#99 Post by dmw71 »

Alethan wrote:"Eh?" Quoros eyes the ivory box with a curious look.
"But, of course." Castien offers, almost apologetically. "My words did not properly convey my intent. Obviously, the box alone is more valuable than the entire collection of coins discovered thus far, much less a single share." He offers the box to Quoros. "Please, feel free to inspect it. It could very well be trapped and hasn't even been opened yet but, for what it is worth, my examinations thus far lead me to believe that there are not any contents within. I merely submit that it is large enough to hold and offer protection to my spell book, hence my interest in it. In any event, I am sure a fair value can be agreed upon.

Castien will allow Quoros, or anyone else, the opportunity to inspect the box.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Omega1143
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#100 Post by Omega1143 »

54h/44l, 10mph

"Is it settled then?"
Cole inquires while leaning the brigand up against a wall. He (bandit) appears conscious but barely.

"What about those two?"
he continues, nodding toward the courtyard.

Consumables:

Return to “Tavern Tales”