5) Back to the House III: Third time's the charm?

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: 5) Back to the House III: Third time's the charm?

#281 Post by Urson »

Mai makes a small satisfied noise and takes the stone. Thank you, elder.

I doubt that this stone is actually the Philosopher's Stone he sought, but I am sure it will have some value.
FA FO

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#282 Post by wolfpack »

Are you saying that rock can turn things to gold?

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#283 Post by ravenn4544 »

Ben says, "Umrick, you're thinking of my former captain that gave me shit and almost killed me. Tortuga is a town council member who has been helpful to me - i think we can trust him."

"If he sent word I think we take him up on that - not sure how we would get a word to him to meet us in a neutral spot now that those kids are gone. Maybe he has some info on the code that we have for the lantern?"

"Maybe we put a crew on watch, and another crew takes some of this loot back to town - did someone say they wanted plate mail? - maybe we are able to buy other supplies that could help us? "

Mant72
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#284 Post by Mant72 »

Keilif:

"Tortuga has always dealt fairly with me. I think he can be trusted; however, I think splitting everyone up is a bad idea. If the smugglers were to return and find only a third of our party...it would not bode well. I am for a couple of us returning to see Tortuga, but I am electing to stay here."

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#285 Post by Scott308 »

Umrick Histix, Gnome Fighter

Ah! That is a different story, then. Your former boss I would not trust, but if this Tortuga guy is someone who helped you before, then I think seeing him could be important. I'm still willing to go with you if you want, unless you'd rather have someone he knows go with you.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#286 Post by ravenn4544 »

"Umrick, my friend, you are most welcome to join! In fact, consider your drinks when our visit is over paid for! I think we should head off as soon as possible so as to get back as soon as possible. If the tides are with us, we have still have over a week until we expect them?"

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#287 Post by Urson »

Mai shakes her head. Very doubtful. The Emperor's wise men were also searching for such a thing- they found many excuses why they couldn't manage the trick.
FA FO

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#288 Post by Scott308 »

Umrick Histix, Gnome Fighter
ravenn4544 wrote:"Umrick, my friend, you are most welcome to join! In fact, consider your drinks when our visit is over paid for! I think we should head off as soon as possible so as to get back as soon as possible. If the tides are with us, we have still have over a week until we expect them?"
You have yourself a deal! Just so ya know, weaponry wasn't the only thing I learned from my time with the dwarves. After they trained all day, they drank all night. I'll go easy on your coin purse, though. Don't worry.

If Ben is ready to head out now, Umrick is good to go now as well.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Hotgoblin
President of Unseen Servant

#289 Post by Hotgoblin »

Jonas watches as Mai retrieves the stone. Maybe we should cast some divine magic to see if this stone is imbued with magical properties.

coil23
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#290 Post by coil23 »

Doubtful shakes his head, having already said his piece. Well then I will wish you luck.

He will turn his focus to somewhere he can be constructive and begins searching the walls, floor and ceiling for any hidden compartments or portals.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#291 Post by ravenn4544 »

Ben is ready to go!

Mant72
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#292 Post by Mant72 »

Hotgoblin wrote:Jonas watches as Mai retrieves the stone. Maybe we should cast some divine magic to see if this stone is imbued with magical properties.
"This is wise; however, I must seek communion with Shileil before we can have these answers."

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#293 Post by Urson »

A thorough examination is wise. I would like to get better light to examine the stone myself. Have we finished here? Did anyone look for other books that the Elder had hidden here?

Until the stone can be thoroughly examined, Mai will stash it in a belt pouch.
FA FO

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#294 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The room is thoroughly searched again and no other secrets are revealed to the group in the walls, floor, or ceiling. There is only the one book present on the desktop, but a small drawer is found in the underside of the desk that reveals yet another book. This one is much smaller and badly stained, but it looks to be a traveling spell book.

As the room is gone over, Ben and Umrick take their leave of the group again and begin to head back to find Tortuga in Saltmarsh. Their trip takes about 4 hours and goes by uneventfully. The duo find themselves back at the gates of town right around dinner time.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#295 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Ravenn and Scott can take their action over to this thread for now.

viewtopic.php?f=318&t=6393

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#296 Post by wolfpack »

Jervis will head back upstairs for signal duty

coil23
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#297 Post by coil23 »

Doubtful

How about the rest of us camp out in the main front room on the ground floor (1 on the map) while we continue the investigation. That way we can keep eyes and ears out for anyone approaching front or back and still be able to hear the upstairs sentry if anything comes up.

Hotgoblin

#298 Post by Hotgoblin »

Jonas will take the tome and the traveling spell book to study. Mai, I agree, we need to go into the natural light to figure these items out. I'm heading back upstairs. Jonas carefully picks up the tome and smaller book, placing them in his satchel.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#299 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Jervis moves to the second story and resumes his watch out over the sea. There are no boats in sight.

Doubtful suggests moving camp up to the first floor to continue the investigation.

Jonas bags up the 2 books and heads upstairs to look at them in the natural light.

Mant72
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#300 Post by Mant72 »

Keilif:

"With so much apparent time on our hands, I suggest we scour this entire place for secret doors, passages, and portals. I would not be surprised if we overlooked something in our haste."

With this, Keilif begins thoroughly searching the first floor. If he finds nothing, he will make his way to the second floor to commence with the searching.

Return to “U1 The Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh (1e)”