The Frogmorton House

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

The Frogmorton House

#1 Post by Marullus »

Frogmorton House_small.jpg
Frogmorton House_small.jpg (62.15 KiB) Viewed 1040 times
Madoc and Menegilda Frogmorton keep a cozy hobbit home near the river ford. They keep a nice home for their three kids and run a water mill which they operate within the back chambers of the home.

Hanging over the mantle on display hooks is a well-worn and well-maintained longsword with a plaque that says "Sandybanks." "That's the Sandybanks Longsword," pipe up the children to tell any who will listen. "Cousins to the Frogmortons on Mother's side. That sword was wielded by Bandobras Sandybanks in brave battles against ghosts, gargoyles, and scorpion-men across the river!"

Services:
  • Halfling PCs with good social graces (pass a [2d6] CHA roll) will be invited to stay for free. There are two guest rooms and two can stay at a time.
  • Menegilda Frogmorton has a full larder and a fuller heart. She feeds guests who stop at her home as long as they tell good stories. (Make a good post, get a free meal. All her meals are Good quality.)
NPC Retainers:
As for all locations, you can do a retainer roll if you improve relations to Friendly there. This locale has a fixed set of retainers - the three children eager for adventure. In this case, you need to impress Menegilda Frogmorton before she'll let you make an offer to them.
  • Berylla Frogmorton, Enterprising Daughter, Level 3 Halfling (+2 penalty to recruit)
  • Isengar Frogmorton, the Defending Son, Level 2 Halfling (+1 penalty to recruit)
  • Fastred Frogmorton, the Eager Little Brother, Level 1 Halfling

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: The Frogmorton House

#2 Post by Spearmint »

'Blackjack' Amistad

The entrepreneur pays the 80gp fee for the team of town ladies to knit and stitch the latest fashions over the next month for the three cyclops, (including one eyed balaclava for junior, some adjustable 'over the shoulder boulder holder's' playtex for ma and embroidered Axe and Lion brand cloak for pa).

(-80gp)

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by Marullus »

July 21

Mrs. Frogmorton agrees to arrange the commission with some local seamstresses. It will be ready in a month, on August 21.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by Spearmint »

Amistad liquidate some assets to pay the overtime and extra labour so short cut the knitting time by half.

New 'Cyclops trade' date of Aug 7th.

-80gp

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#5 Post by Alethan »

Bandy shows up early in the morning and greets the Feogmortons merrily, though he is weary from his recent travels. He inquires about staying with the Frogmortons for a few weeks while he studies a survey map and rests up.

Given his recent financial gains, Bandy simply hands Mrs Frogmorton five pieces of platinum to cover his expenses and good meals during his stay.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#6 Post by Alethan »

A week into his stay, one night over dinner Bandy retrieves his father’s longsword and sets it on the table.

”Madoc, I cannot thank you and your family enough for the hospitality you’ve shown me over the last week and even the last few months. I don’t know if money can repay you for the healing and recovery and sense of well being I feel when I’m here. But maybe this can.”

He slides the sword, a family heirloom, over to Madoc.

”I have no children. I’m not sure if I’ll ever settle down. This sword has been in the Sandybanks family for three generations now. I would be honored to see it continue in our family through our Frogmorton cousins.”

With the family sword’s lineage continued for at least two more generations, Bandy relaxes and tries to enjoy his time there. He studies his map during the day and in the evenings he practices longsword fighting with the Frogmorton children.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by Marullus »

04 September 2021

Halfpint goes to the Frogmorton House to invite the intrepid younger ones on an adventure into the Dark Forest.

Menegilda doesn't let any of them go this time.

However, with Lord Earc's entreaties and promises to protect them personally, she allows them to go.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by Marullus »

10 September 2021
Halfpint's Expedition stays overnight to the morning of 08 September, departing in the morning after a hearty breakfast with all three Frogmorton children in tow to go for a grand adventure in the Dark Forests beyond Amistad.

Return to “(IC) Settlement - Frogmorton Ford”