Expedition - Clay\Mapping Beith's Watch

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: Expedition - Clay\Mapping Beith's Watch

#21 Post by Alethan »

Ooc: If we go back to town for bags and a cart and return, by the time we are done and back to town at the reduced speed (22 bags of coppers is a lot of weight) then we will likely miss Markd's second blunder... I mean mission... leaving. And maybe the festival. Bandy is fine with whatever the others decide to do, though.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#22 Post by Marullus »

The group of five settles in overnight, sharing the watches and minding the fire, the dogs alternately slumbering and pacing the bottom of the stairs. Dawn arrives and the group makes a hearty stew of the rich-scented mushrooms, adding in other ingredients to settle their stomachs for the day. (The group needs two people to subtract a ration to supplement the mushrooms.)

Time: Dawn, 27 May 2021
Injuries: None

Actions before you depart to town?

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#23 Post by Alethan »

Bandy Sandybanks

Bandy loads the three suits of damaged dwarven mail onto his pony.

"Do we want to take these battle axes as well? At the very least, they're worth a few gold coins each to the right person and easier to transport than sacks of copper coin."

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#24 Post by Zhym »

"I'm an adventurer, not a scavenger!" whines Fingers. "Broken axes and rusty mail is boring. Unless they're secretly magical. But I don't think these are. So whatever. Let's just get back so we can do something cool, okay?"

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#25 Post by Alethan »

Bandy Sandybanks

Bandy shrugs, "I figured if anything else, it was a good chance to make acquaintance with the dwarven smithy. Never know when a friendship like that could be handy. Maybe they know something about the dwarves what lost these things and would want to see more! Who knows what kinds of adventures that could spark..."

OOC: Pretty sure Mitch can't take much more weight without slowing him down some. But at 6lbs and maybe half that in gp each, it's certainly a much easier prospect to carry 10 battle axes than 3,000 coppers.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#26 Post by onlyme »

Peck has capacity at the moment, I believe.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#27 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

I think taking the armor and axes to the dwarven smiths is a good idea. We can split the coin. If we leave the copper here, I'll use it to pay for part of the building. You all are welcome to stay when it is finished.

Ready to depart, leaving all the copper.
Return Trip [1d4] = 3

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#28 Post by Alethan »

Bandy Sandybanks

Bandy helps Halfpint secure the axes on Peck, using sleep rolls and sacks to keep them from clanking together too much.

"Should take us the whole day to get back to Gaul. Then Halfpint and I can take the dwarven equipment down to their new camp by the lake. That's another day of travel and should put us at Idmi d'dum before nightfall on the 29th. A quick meet with the blacksmith on the morning of the 30th, then head back and we can make it in time for the festival."

"If that works for everyone, Halfpint and I can meet you back at the Golden Tooth the morning of the festival and split up the shares at that time."

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#29 Post by onlyme »

Halfpint agrees, hoping this will give her a chance to find any information about her recently found armor.

I imagine we may not be able to go out before the festival however, as it seems we need to reset the timelines and RL to get everyone back to where they can go out.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#30 Post by Alethan »

onlyme wrote:Halfpint agrees, hoping this will give her a chance to find any information about her recently found armor.

I imagine we may not be able to go out before the festival however, as it seems we need to reset the timelines and RL to get everyone back to where they can go out.
OOC: According to Marullus's last post on this thread, it is Dawn of May 27. There is one day travel time to Gaul, one day travel time to the lake, and one day travel time back to Gaul. That puts us back in Gaul by the evening on the 30th.

Unless Marullus says otherwise, that is what Bandy will plan on doing.

But I agree, having characters in different time frames is a little confusing sometimes.

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#31 Post by Keehnelf »

Irving will load the armor and axes on Piety the Mule and accompany anyone who wants to visit the dwarves to sell the items, and be involved in the transaction as well.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#32 Post by Alethan »

Keehnelf wrote:Irving will load the armor and axes on Piety the Mule and accompany anyone who wants to visit the dwarves to sell the items, and be involved in the transaction as well.
OOC: At least the armour has already been loaded onto the pony. Don't get me wrong; I understand the reason for loading the mule up and think that's probably a better choice in the long run. If possible, I'd just prefer it if someone doesn't undo an action I've already stated for my character by posting "over" it with a different action. Bandy would happily unburden his pony by distributing the weapons and armour among the different animals; I guess I'm just asking for a little RP to go along with it instead of just canceling out my previous actions. Does that make sense?

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#33 Post by Keehnelf »

Oh yeah, sorry--I'm scrambling to catch up and missed that (did not intend to undo anyone's actions at all)!

Apologies

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#34 Post by Alethan »

Keehnelf wrote:Oh yeah, sorry--I'm scrambling to catch up and missed that (did not intend to undo anyone's actions at all)!

Apologies
No worries, Keehn! :)

I suspect you have a bit on your plate and figured it might be something like that.

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#35 Post by Keehnelf »

Irving offers up Piety's mostly-unladen back to hold as much of the dwarf-load as Bandy wants to share. "She's a stout one--at the very least if we split it we'll get away with some should the worst happen on the way back to town."

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#36 Post by Alethan »

Bandy Sandybanks

Bandy listens to Irving's offer and glances over at Mitch the Pony. Mitch turns his head to Bandy and raises his lips in a way that says, "If you were closer, I'd bite you on the thigh."

"Yeah... maybe that's not a bad idea," Bandy finally replies. He cautiously removes two of the suits of chainmail from Mitch and adds them to the mule.

If any of the battle axes have not been loaded onto Halfpint's mount, then he helps load them onto the mule, as well.

"You know, you could always take all of that copper and melt it down into something, Clay..."

OOC: I had a black pony with a white star on his forehead named Mitch when I was a kid. He used to turn around and bite me on the thigh when I tried to get him to do things he didn't want to do.

It f'ing hurt. I still remember that to this day, having bruises on my thigh from where my pony bit me.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#37 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Looking over the mountain of copper on the floor, That's not a bad idea, now that you mention it. I'll think on it.

I've rolled for our journey already and we have safe passage whenever folks are ready.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#38 Post by Alethan »

OOC: I think we just move to the town thread, right? If the roll comes up something aside from 1?

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#39 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Rusty Tincanne wrote:I think taking the armor and axes to the dwarven smiths is a good idea. We can split the coin. If we leave the copper here, I'll use it to pay for part of the building. You all are welcome to stay when it is finished.

Ready to depart, leaving all the copper.
Return Trip [1d4] = 3
Let's move, then. ;)

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#40 Post by Marullus »

For simplicity, we'll keep action in this thread.

The walk back to town is uneventful, but the map is now in-hand and Clay's deed all but secured. He departs the group at the walls of Gaul to go talk to the Assayer and to spend some time processing his flowers. Fingers enjoys a free mug of stout at the Inn.

After a night in the Golden Tooth Tavern, Bandy, Halfpint, and Irving continue on to where the dwarves are unpacking their gear and beginning construction by the lakeside. There are plenty of dwarves heading that way who can show them the route, a footpath quickly battening down into a dirt road as they traverse.

They arrive in the evening on 28 May. As the dwarves just broke ground, they find a large and officious-looking tent where they are introduced to Seneschal Duegar, Foreman of the Quarries.

Return to “History - Completed Expeditions”