Moathouse

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Moathouse

#1 Post by Distorted Humor »

In the morning, the stable boy has the party walk out with him. There is a steady path but a fair hike. The boy explains that the moat house was built before he was born, but it was abandoned for years, and now it is causing trouble. Two miles into this path, you crest a hill, and see the moathouse. it is adjacent to the path, with a moat, small pool, and falling down walls. The Stable boy wishes the party luck, then walks away at a quick pace, not liking to linger.

(feel free to ask details on what you see, and so on, Of course you can quickly go back to town if you want to resupply or ask questions. it is about 9 am, and you can be back in town before 10am.

(Tag Party)

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Moathouse

#2 Post by Computer +1 »

Conall takes a step over to the side of the trail and lets out a long piss.
Sighing to himself in satisfaction he finishes, gives himself a shake and gets himself tucked away.

He looks around to see who his companions are.

Greywolf
Strider
Strider

#3 Post by Greywolf »

Following the tracks of the party that left earlier was not hard. In fact, Fendor, the elven cleric/ranger, hurried the closer that he caught up.

It was just a few moments after passing the boy on the trail, that he heard the sound of a discussion ahead.

When the source of those voices became visible, the first thing that he noticed was a human relieving himself.

Not wanting to risk testing their paranoia, the elf called ahead before he could be seen, "Hail, fair adventurers. This place rightly appears the locus of recent evils that have transgressed. I pledge you my aid if thou will offer thine equally."

Xaxyx
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#4 Post by Xaxyx »

Standing apart from those who had gathered, Cerun quietly observed the scene. He marveled at the notion that these individuals -- no doubt strangers to one another just yesterday -- had banded together under a common cause so swiftly. Indeed, they soon would no doubt be entering danger together, putting one another's lives into their hands. Surely the city life was a strange one.

But with understanding came wisdom. And so Cerun had opted to join this group, to learn more about their cultures and their ways. And also to ensure that any wildlife that had moved into the abandoned moathouse would be left unharmed. Violence tended to pose the most grievous threat to innocent bystanders. Ever is it the druid's charge to ensure that no unnecessary harm come to nature's children.

Diamond_Spear
Tracker
Tracker

#5 Post by Diamond_Spear »

Eric looks intently at the moathouse trying to spot any signs of habitation or recent activity. He will also take hold of his sling with a rock ready to go.

Looking over at Conall he says, “What do you think? Should we scout about a bit or walk straight in?”

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#6 Post by Computer +1 »

I think the first thing we should do is figure out who is good at what. I aint going in there or anywhere unless I know what I can count on a man fer.
He hefts his axe over his shoulder.
Me, well I figure I can chop a man just as easy as a log. Been doin' it fer a while.

bloodymage
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#7 Post by bloodymage »

Nalin drolly remarks, I kin heft me sword or mebbe cast a wee spell.

Greywolf
Strider
Strider

#8 Post by Greywolf »

Diamond_Spear wrote:Eric looks intently at the moathouse trying to spot any signs of habitation or recent activity. He will also take hold of his sling with a rock ready to go.

Looking over at Conall he says, “What do you think? Should we scout about a bit or walk straight in?”
Turning and facing Eric, Fendor answers, "I am just the elf for scouting."

More quietly he adds, "Finding out who is active and where would be helpful."

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by tkrexx »

The tattooed Elf finally speaks. I've done some scouting. Some lockpicking and roaching, also. Not every situation can be dealt with by hacking or conjuring.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by max_vale »

Deciding to gamble on his companions' tolerance level; Vax finally removes his hood as he takes in the sight of the moathouse. Turning to the group at large; he listens to everyone's comments before speaking up himself.

The half-orc does his best to give a non-threatening smile and says; "Greetings all. I am Vax Elam; a devotee of Rudd; the goddess of luck and skill-"; at this point he holds up the holy symbol with its insginia of a bullseye; "-and I have also learned how to be somewhat.....stealthy....as a result of growing up in some of the poorer parts of the City of Greyhawk. I am happy to accompany you; if you wish?"; he says to the Elf who volunteered to scout the ruin.

Greywolf
Strider
Strider

#11 Post by Greywolf »

max_vale wrote:"I am happy to accompany you; if you wish?"; he says to the Elf who volunteered to scout the ruin.
Hearing Vax offer to assist with scouting, Fendor responds, "I suggest that we go around the Moathouse looking for evidence of tracks coming or going and checking out the Moathouse from a distance whether we see anything happening or notable. Then we can consider better whether to go through the front door or find some other non-standard entrance."

If the other companions register agreement or at least none oppose, the ranger will set off to navigate around the Moathouse according to plan, expecting all to follow.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by max_vale »

Vax nods to Fendor; "A wise idea"; he replies and fitting a bullet to his sling; he does his best to follow the Elf as stealthily as possible.

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#13 Post by Computer +1 »

Well don't we make a merry bunch? Conall says with a smile.
All right, lets get two of ye ta scout the outside together an' we can see what we are lookin' at.

Xaxyx
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#14 Post by Xaxyx »

Cerun will glide along in silent acceptance, taking care as always to leave nature as undisturbed as possible in his wake. He'll listen to the voice of the forest -- the song of birds, the buzzing of insects -- to attempt to discern if danger lurked nearby for himself and his companions.

bloodymage
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#15 Post by bloodymage »

Nalin will move along silently (well, as silently as he's able), stone in sling.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by tkrexx »

Vicroar follows along, readying his shortbow with an arrow.

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#17 Post by Distorted Humor »

How close does the party approach the Moathouse?

Greywolf
Strider
Strider

#18 Post by Greywolf »

I would say that we probably get close enough to try to see the Moathouse without being seen, using the trees and brush for cover as much as possible. I think that I would like us to stay outside of the moat, staying away while trying to check it out. Fendor will be checking for some tracks going or coming from the Moathouse.

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#19 Post by Distorted Humor »

The Moathouse has crumbled walls in a few spots, and there is a large pond near the front gate. You see tracks that show that the moathouse has been watched on a number of occasions. the tracks show that the main gate has been the the place where folks have entered or exited. There are some tracks from the east, and from Hommlet you only see the barest of tracks.

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#20 Post by Distorted Humor »

This is the rough layout of the structure from your survey.

Return to “ToEE and Friends (1st Edition)”