Interlude 7: Rolling in cash

monayuris
Runner
Runner

Re: Interlude 7: Rolling in cash

#161 Post by monayuris »

Liam would also like to go into the mount.

I would very much like to see this magic fluid. And from what the dwarves tell, there are a great number of sites of interest to me deeper down.

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#162 Post by Stirling »

Quinn

"Some of my friends, Torgyr you know, encountered these black skeletons before. They seem to be animated constructs, there bones veneered with this black sheen. I doubt they are random undead risen as guards, who is creating them? what purpose do they serve?"

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#163 Post by drpete »

"There are many machines, and many Temples in Dwimmermount. Recent events have stirred up many problems. Maybe you will find out."
GM: Dwimmermount (ACKS)

Zim: 7/7 | Torgyr: 14/14 | U Tar: 3/3 | Nazares: 6/6| Emm: 9/9 |Quinn: 13/13
Ranulf: 10/10 | Solaine: 12/12 | Liam: 4/4 | X | Randolpho: 10/10 | Audi: 8/8

barkman
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#164 Post by barkman »

"Do we wish a quick expedition with the other group to show them what we wish for them to recover, and to keep the first area clear? This also occupies them from delving to levels we haven't explored yet."

Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#165 Post by Zorroroaster »

"Aye, that might just be the thing to do. Once they are established we can head deeper into the mountain."
()==[:::::::::::::>
[]-Orrin Lighthammer, Dwarven Gymnast-[] The Arch-Duchy of Vaul: A West Marches Labyrinth Lord Sandbox
[]-Arnulf The Banal, Manchild SuperMage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)
[]-Nai Tnam, Dwarven Cleric-[] Lair of the Black Druid - OSRIC
[]-Bronn Arnulfsen, Half-Orc Fighter-[] Valnwall, The Barrowmaze (LL)
[]-<[RIP]>Eduard d'Arnise, Elven Fighter/Mage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)

kalstone
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#166 Post by kalstone »

"Sounds good. I would like to ask them to recover some of the trappings of Mavor's temple to use in the chapel."

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#167 Post by drpete »

Ok, so this group, the Delvers, is willing to accept a job from you.

There are five members of the delvers:
Asceline, a Thief,
Fortin, a Fighter,
Lorenz, a Fighter,
Rique of Tyche, a Cleric
Thonyn, a Mage.

The rate that they will charge depends on the level of danger you assign them.

It would be 5 gp/day (140 gp/month) for guard duty somewhere safe,
It would be 20 gp/day (140 gp/week) for routine duty in a secure part of the first level, where danger is known and avoidable
It would be 140 gp/day for combat/exploration duty in level 1

They also want a full share of any treasure recovered to split among themselves, and if any of them die, your group must make a payment to next of kin of 140 gp.

They will happily draw up a contract with the local bondsman so everything is above board. What, precisely, do you want them to do?
GM: Dwimmermount (ACKS)

Zim: 7/7 | Torgyr: 14/14 | U Tar: 3/3 | Nazares: 6/6| Emm: 9/9 |Quinn: 13/13
Ranulf: 10/10 | Solaine: 12/12 | Liam: 4/4 | X | Randolpho: 10/10 | Audi: 8/8

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#168 Post by Stirling »

Quinn

I think we need a specific aim for them and looking the the Dwimmermount map of the first level I would say let us put them in the western rooms. 14 - 19 and room 23. get them to block off and collapse the secret tunnel from room 19-20, securing the west end of the building. This leaves them guarding only two entrances into the area, the door into the statue room and the door into the ghost chess room. It also secures the use of the Oracle.

We could all open the door 14 as we have the knocker while we are there and then when they are settled we go down the stairs or clear the kobolds.

the liquid gas room, was that room 37?

Any improvements on that or other suggestions? Plus I think we need to decide a 'leader' for them from our party so they take the directions from one of us not several different plans.

Return to “Dwimmermount (ACKS)”