Action Thread 3

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Action Thread 3

#101 Post by saalaria »

Varkos inspects the 'door' up close with out touching it - is it evident which way it opens? Any obvious tracks in/out?

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#103 Post by Alethan »

Assuming here there isn't enough room but for the first few people to take any actions, so... that's why I'm not posting anything.

If there is plenty of room, then Ilhalevar will examine the key hole, though.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#104 Post by Distorted Humor »

I tell the party if they need more torches, I have a few.

Odo Looks at the door, checking for traps without touching it, looking it over carefully.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#105 Post by Argennian »

dmw71 wrote:
rredmond wrote:It’s at this point, of course, that both Zafalia’s and Malak’s torches start to sputter a bit, their usefulness ending.
Malak quickly retrieves a replacement torch from his backpack (ooc: character sheet updated) and uses his current torch to light the new one, if it will, before tossing the sputtering torch aside. "I have a few more if you need," he offers to Zafalia.
"Thank you, friend Malak. I have my lantern and still one good torch left."

Zafalia will move up and hold the lantern where it could help with the examination of the door.
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#106 Post by dmw71 »

Argennian wrote:"Thank you, friend Malak. I have my lantern and still one good torch left."
Malak nods. "Consider it a standing offer." He looks on at the gathering forming up ahead. "They appear to be studying the walls. What do you think they're finding up there?" he asks Zafalia, hoping discussing the situation will help him temper his curiosity.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#107 Post by Nuke66 »

Al'Zur stands with the group. After observing the pointmen from a distance, he turns around to study their rear flank.

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#108 Post by Distorted Humor »

"I never seen anything like this...its magical, or ... living in nature..." as Odo looks over the door.

KesselZero
Runner
Runner

#109 Post by KesselZero »

I'll let ye clever types worry about that door... unless it needs something stronger than a gentle knock to get it to open! Korgul hangs back, not wanting to fall into a waterfall on account of some mystery door.

Apologies for being MIA for a while! Buying a house is hard work... Whew!

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#110 Post by Distorted Humor »

O look for any type or root, branch, or other living mass that might be a latch for the door.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#111 Post by Argennian »

Zafalia moves up closer with her lantern to allow a better illuminated view and inspection of the door. She is indeed curious but remains skeptical and cautious.

"Is it constructed of the same type of hard fungus, such as the ladder was back yonder?"
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#112 Post by rredmond »

Day 1 – 10:45a

Al’Zur is scanning around, remaining alert. Varkos has moved up, Odo is also looking at the door. Zafalia moves a bit closer too. But you have about 5’ of area in front of the door in the northern wall of the tunnel and 3 or 4’ in front of the keyhole on the southern side of the tunnel, immediately before the waterfall exit. It’s very strange, nothing obvious seems to be the trigger for the door, no roots, latches, nothing... well, except of course that keyhole.

HPs: Malak - 15/15; Varkos - 22/22; Ilhalevar - 8/8; Al'Zur- 7/7; SoT - 25/25; Wulfgard - 12/12; Zafalia - 11/11; Korgul - 24/24; Odo - 17/17; Rake - 6/6
WIH: Malak: short sword; Varkos: long sword; Ilhalevar: quarterstaff; Al'Zur: long sword; SoT: Spear, shield; Wulfgard: staff; Zafalia: spear, shield; Korgul: battle axe, shield; Odo: short sword; Rake: long sword
MO (10’): 1- Odo; 2- Korgul and Varkos; 3- SoT and Malak; 4- Ilhalevar and Al'Zur; 5- Zafalia and Wulfgard; 6- Rake
Consumables: Lantern - 4 hours left (off), 30' radius; Torch, 60 minutes (Malak), 40' radius; Torch, 6 minutes (Zafalia), 40’ radius.
--------Spells: Ilhalevar: 1-2/2; Al'Zur: 1-1/1; Wulfgard: 1-4/4, 2-2/2; Zafalia: 1-4/4, 2-3/3
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#113 Post by Distorted Humor »

seeing others looking at the door, Odo then looks at the keyhole.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#114 Post by rredmond »

Day 1 – 10:50a

The keyhole is more of a puzzler. It apparently is locking nothing, just a keyhole in the stoney wall.

Zafalia's torch sputters a bit.

HPs: Malak - 15/15; Varkos - 22/22; Ilhalevar - 8/8; Al'Zur- 7/7; SoT - 25/25; Wulfgard - 12/12; Zafalia - 11/11; Korgul - 24/24; Odo - 17/17; Rake - 6/6
WIH: Malak: short sword; Varkos: long sword; Ilhalevar: quarterstaff; Al'Zur: long sword; SoT: Spear, shield; Wulfgard: staff; Zafalia: spear, shield; Korgul: battle axe, shield; Odo: short sword; Rake: long sword
MO (10’): 1- Odo; 2- Korgul and Varkos; 3- SoT and Malak; 4- Ilhalevar and Al'Zur; 5- Zafalia and Wulfgard; 6- Rake
Consumables: Lantern - 4 hours left (off), 30' radius; Torch, 58 minutes (Malak), 40' radius; Torch, 4 minutes (Zafalia), 40’ radius.
--------Spells: Ilhalevar: 1-2/2; Al'Zur: 1-1/1; Wulfgard: 1-4/4, 2-2/2; Zafalia: 1-4/4, 2-3/3
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#115 Post by dmw71 »

rredmond wrote:The keyhole is more of a puzzler. It apparently is locking nothing, just a keyhole in the stoney wall.
"Is it a keyhole, or maybe an arrow slit?" Malak wonders aloud.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Solinor
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#116 Post by Solinor »

I'm here as well, i'm just letting the brave souls in the front take the risk.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#117 Post by Alethan »

Solinor wrote:I'm here as well, i'm just letting the brave souls in the front take the risk.
There's hardly enough room for all 10 of us in the confined area, so I'm perfectly fine with sitting back and letting the others poke about - so long as it doesn't set off any traps behind them! ;)
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#118 Post by tkrexx »

The Ranger will also hang back a bit.

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#119 Post by Distorted Humor »

Odo checks the waterfall, never know the switch might me their....

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#120 Post by Distorted Humor »

Odo smiles

"Folks, there is a ladder in the waterfall...."

Return to “Pod-Caverns Of The Sinister Shroom”