Action Thread 3

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: Action Thread 3

#41 Post by Vargr1105 »

Distorted Humor wrote:Odo Steps out the shadow, Sword in hand, "I recommend we go with the big group, more the merrier eh? They might like help, of course we can make our stand here, my sword is sharp, may it flay that....thing..."
"Come on Odo! Do you want to live forever?!" says Rake, winking an eye.

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#42 Post by Distorted Humor »

Vargr1105 wrote:
Distorted Humor wrote:Odo Steps out the shadow, Sword in hand, "I recommend we go with the big group, more the merrier eh? They might like help, of course we can make our stand here, my sword is sharp, may it flay that....thing..."
"Come on Odo! Do you want to live forever?!" says Rake, winking an eye.
Odo preps for combat...

[1d6] = 6

Dang dice...

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#44 Post by Vargr1105 »

And here's Rake's Initiative:

Initiative: [1d6] = 2

KesselZero
Runner
Runner

#45 Post by KesselZero »

I'll save ye, little man! Korgul rushes over to where Malak stands stuck in the plant, and hews at the same spot on the stalk that Malak has been attacking.

Battle Axe: attack roll: [1d20 + 2] = 8+2 = 10 damage roll: [1d8 + 3] = 2+3 = 5

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#46 Post by rredmond »

Day 1 – 10:05a
Round 1

Please ask questions if this gets confusing. For initiative, one person rolls 1d6 and we go from there. High roll wins initiative basically. I’m going to take DH’s first roll which (iroinically) was a good roll. :)

Everyone hears commotion going on down past the southern exit. There are definitely humanoid voices and some sort of yelling and scuffling going on. Joining Malak's awkward attempts, Korgul and Al’Zur are able to cut the stalk, but the pod of the creature is still holding him fast. Son of Thunder, Zafalia, and Ilhalevar prepare to meet whatever is coming down the hall. Varkos continues to hack away at his stalk, but is able to sever it, bearing the 40 pounds of plant weight a little easier for him than Malak.

Meanwhile, Odo and Rake turn to combat the many legged insect coming at them. You win initiative EASILY [1d6] = 2 and you will both be able to attack before the creature who is heading straight for you.

Distorted Humor and Vargr1105 you can both roll attacks and damage to this creature. It’s an almost 5 foot long version of this:
It will attack after you do.

HPs: Malak - 15/15; Varkos - 22/22; Ilhalevar - 8/8; Al'Zur- 7/7; SoT - 25/25; Wulfgard - 12/12; Zafalia - 11/11; Korgul - 24/24
WIH: Malak: short sword; Varkos: long sword; Ilhalevar: quarterstaff; Al'Zur: long sword; SoT: Spear, shield; Wulfgard: staff; Zafalia: spear, shield; Korgul: battle axe, shield
MO (10’): 1- Malak; 2- Korgul and SoT; 3- Varkos; 4- Ilhalevar and Al'Zur; 5- Zafalia and Wulfgard
Consumables: Lantern - 4 hours left (off), 30' radius; Torch, 45 minutes (Malak), 40' radius; Torch, 50 minutes (Zafalia), 40’ radius.
--------Spells: Ilhalevar: 1-2/2; Al'Zur: 1-1/1; Wulfgard: 1-4/4, 2-2/2; Zafalia: 1-4/4, 2-3/3
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#47 Post by Vargr1105 »

Rake is momentarily hesitant when he sees the astoundingly large arthropod emerging from the darkness. A "Son of a..." escapes his lips; then, half a second later he pounces upon the scuttling chilopodian monstrosity with his long sword.

To hit with long sword: [1d20] = 3, damage (s/m): [1d8+2] = 8+2 = 10, damage (L): [1d12+2] = 3+2 = 5

OCC: Crud! Well, Rake has 3/2 attacks per round with his longsword. Does he get a 2nd attack on odd rounds or even rounds?

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#48 Post by Distorted Humor »

Odo looks, steels himself, and strikes.

[1d20] = 4

[1d6] = 6

:o

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#49 Post by rredmond »

Your second attack would come after the creature attacks. But yes I do the extra attack on odd numbered rounds. You can roll now if you like so you have it. I'm just getting out of my second job so not sure when I can resolve this round of combat.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#50 Post by tkrexx »

Do you hear? The Rangers asks. Sounds of battle. I cannot in good conscience leave my comrades defenseless, and yet...WHO is down there??

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#51 Post by Vargr1105 »

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#52 Post by Argennian »

tkrexx wrote:Do you hear? The Rangers asks. Sounds of battle. I cannot in good conscience leave my comrades defenseless, and yet...WHO is down there??
Zafalia looks from the ranger to Korgul and then to the others."They very well may be Varkos’ mates. Let us move forward so that we may know what is going on. Varkos, if you are freed, move up with us so we may know if they are friend or foe!”

Zafalia will move up in the second rank and be prepared to cast a spell.
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#53 Post by tkrexx »

The Ranger glances and allows a slight smirk at the sturdy Dwarf. Ready to get some hack on, Ironbeard?

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#54 Post by rredmond »

Day 1 – 10:06a
Round 1

:)

Varkos and Malak are very weighed down by the pod thingies sticking to them. Though Malak still has his torch held high. As you all get closer, a battle only 5 or 10 feet down the hall comes into view.

A taller person and a shorter one are battling (see above) and have had a tough first round. All three swings of their blades miss, and the creature rears up, it's fanged mouth strikes out, missing both men.

"Hey I do know those guys, hey Rake, hey Odo!!!! How's it going?" Varkos says with a wave, after dragging the pod up so that he can see down the hall.

Rake and Odo are engaged. One of you please roll a d6 for initiative, and then state your actions making the corresponding rolls.

HPs: Malak - 15/15; Varkos - 22/22; Ilhalevar - 8/8; Al'Zur- 7/7; SoT - 25/25; Wulfgard - 12/12; Zafalia - 11/11; Korgul - 24/24
WIH: Malak: short sword; Varkos: long sword; Ilhalevar: quarterstaff; Al'Zur: long sword; SoT: Spear, shield; Wulfgard: staff; Zafalia: spear, shield; Korgul: battle axe, shield
MO (10’): 1- Malak; 2- Korgul and SoT; 3- Varkos; 4- Ilhalevar and Al'Zur; 5- Zafalia and Wulfgard
Consumables: Lantern - 4 hours left (off), 30' radius; Torch, 44 minutes (Malak), 40' radius; Torch, 49 minutes (Zafalia), 40’ radius.
--------Spells: Ilhalevar: 1-2/2; Al'Zur: 1-1/1; Wulfgard: 1-4/4, 2-2/2; Zafalia: 1-4/4, 2-3/3

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#55 Post by Distorted Humor »

[1d6] = 4

I am going to try to strike the critter

[1d20] = 7

[1d6] = 5

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#56 Post by tkrexx »

Hearing Varkos call an affirmation is enough for Son of Thunder. With all that's happened so far in this cave, something must die. With a whoop he charges, spear high.

(When it applies)
To hit: [1d20+2] = 19+2 = 21, damage with WS spear, sm-med: [1d6+3] = 2+3 = 5

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#57 Post by Vargr1105 »

Rake keeps attempting to strike the overgrown centipede. He hears the familiar voice nearby and says, without taking his eyes of the critter him and Odo are fighting.

"A little help here...? Take this you overgrown bug!"

To hit with long sword: [1d20+1] = 20+1 = 21, damage (s/m): [1d8+2] = 7+2 = 9, damage (L): [1d12+2] = 12+2 = 14

OCC: Oh My! Thank you Great Gods of Gaming! :mrgreen:

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#58 Post by Argennian »

Seeing that they are the large man's friends, and more importantly not a massive corral fungus giant, Zafalia follows Son of Thunder's leader and moves up to attack. "Well met then!"

She will fight from the second rank with her spear, if possible and will be sure to stay to the sides to allow Korgul, Varkos and the others room to attack as well.

To Hit, spear in melee [1d20] = 8

Spear damage vs sm/med creatures [1d6] = 4
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

Solinor
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#59 Post by Solinor »

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#60 Post by Nuke66 »

OOC: are Varkos and Malak released from the tentacles? I mean, are the tentacles still attached to the ceiling?

Return to “Pod-Caverns Of The Sinister Shroom”