Action Thread 3

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Action Thread 3

#81 Post by tkrexx »

The Ranger will keep watch in the direction the super-bug and the new pair of adventurers came from, as well as try to retrieve some of the arrows he shot.

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#82 Post by Vargr1105 »

"And I am Rake Mandros." tells the tall man that gave Odo the wine, "Former sell-sword and mercenary company member trying to cut my way into the adventurer's life. And to answer your question," he turn to the halfling she-druid, "we are here on behalf of the village too."

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#83 Post by saalaria »

Varkos tries to gently clap Rake on the shoulder but accidentally ends up giving him quite a shove..."Both adventurers of some reknown I was told!" Varkos says without a even a hint of sarcasm.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#85 Post by rredmond »

Day 1 – 10:20a

The plants do seem to be losing adhesion on both your comrades. In another 5 minutes they should be completely off of them.

The Ranger gets lucky and finds three of his arrows in useable condition, he also finds three of Varkos’ arrows broken or shattered on stone and only one in useable condition.

The Ranger and Al’Zur note nothing out of the ordinary or concerning either with the newcomers or down the hall.

HPs: Malak - 15/15; Varkos - 22/22; Ilhalevar - 8/8; Al'Zur- 7/7; SoT - 25/25; Wulfgard - 12/12; Zafalia - 11/11; Korgul - 24/24; Odo - 17/17; Rake - 6/6
WIH: Malak: short sword; Varkos: long sword; Ilhalevar: quarterstaff; Al'Zur: long sword; SoT: Spear, shield; Wulfgard: staff; Zafalia: spear, shield; Korgul: battle axe, shield; Odo: short sword; Rake: long sword
MO (10’): 1- Malak; 2- Korgul and SoT; 3- Varkos; 4- Ilhalevar and Al'Zur; 5- Zafalia and Wulfgard; ? Rake and Odo
Consumables: Lantern - 4 hours left (off), 30' radius; Torch, 31 minutes (Malak), 40' radius; Torch, 36 minutes (Zafalia), 40’ radius.
--------Spells: Ilhalevar: 1-2/2; Al'Zur: 1-1/1; Wulfgard: 1-4/4, 2-2/2; Zafalia: 1-4/4, 2-3/3
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#86 Post by Distorted Humor »

Odo looks at his new friends "I am good at scouting, do you want me to go ahead and scout?"

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#87 Post by Argennian »

Distorted Humor wrote:Odo looks at his new friends "I am good at scouting, do you want me to go ahead and scout?"
Zafalia looks over to Malak to gauge his response and then back to the halfling scout with a semi-appraising eye. "I have no issue with this, Master Odo. Perhaps Malak would appreciate a temporary reprieve from those duties? If not, I am sure he would welcome the company," the druidess offers, matter-of-factly.
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#88 Post by tkrexx »

3 arrows returned to quiver,
The Ranger offers the extra arrow to Varkos. Not my markings, he explains. He then looks to Odo.

Scout as you will, with Malak's approval. Know that I will be at your heel. You staid unmoving as we battled the watchers, then called for help from a bug. Friends of Varkos you may be, but trust will not come easy.

A softer tone toward wounded Malak: You could take a safer place for a time, Bravo, if that is your wish.

My Brother-in-law is called Odo.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#89 Post by dmw71 »

tkrexx wrote:A softer tone toward wounded Malak: You could take a safer place for a time, Bravo, if that is your wish.
Malak appears to study Odo for a prolonged moment. "Hmm. Well, if you think you can handle it. Feel free to take the lead for now. And don't worry, I'll still be here if things get sticky." he offers. "Speaking of which, this'll give me a chance to finish ridding myself of whatever this sticky material is." he says while he continues to try and work himself free from all the plant goop.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#90 Post by rredmond »

Son of Thunder wrote: ...You staid unmoving as we battled the watchers, then called for help from a bug...
:lol: sorry, the "bug" comment got me.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#91 Post by Distorted Humor »

Odo nods to his new companions. "well, us little folk have a saying, something about be careful where the big folk tread, unless its a warm bed with a landlords daughter, or the landlords wife..."

With a grin, Odo goes into the shadow, and starts to scout ahead.

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#92 Post by Nuke66 »

Al'Zur waits to see who is gonna volunteer for point, saying not a word. He casually re sheathes his blade, readying his bow.

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#93 Post by saalaria »

tkrexx wrote:3 arrows returned to quiver,
The Ranger offers the extra arrow to Varkos. Not my markings, he explains. He then looks to Odo.
"Thanks Son of Thunder. I can the lead if you want"

Varkos takes his arrow and will move off after the thieves, unless SoT wants point?

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#94 Post by Alethan »

Ilhalevar resumes her place in the middle of the marching order.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#95 Post by Argennian »

Distorted Humor wrote:Odo nods to his new companions. "well, us little folk have a saying, something about be careful where the big folk tread, unless its a warm bed with a landlords daughter, or the landlords wife..."

With a grin, Odo goes into the shadow, and starts to scout ahead.
Zafalia rolls her eyes but cannot help but smile at this new halfling's sprightly submission. She looks over to the others and readjusts her gear as well as the grip on her spear.

"Shall we, then?" she offers with a businesslike look.
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#96 Post by tkrexx »

If you have no ill after-affects from the stick-tights, Varkos, I'll follow.
Son of Thunder will again ready his bow.

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#97 Post by saalaria »

(Assuming we have waited until the plants have dropped off?)

Varkos will lead of after the thieves (is there two upfront?) looking around carefully as he progresses.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#98 Post by rredmond »

Day 1 – 10:40a

After they discuss a bit about Marching Order, and the darn sticky plants finally drop off, the party moves on carefully. The passage is 10’ (or so) wide and about 20’ back from where Odo and Rake were, and about 25’ from the exit from the cavern, is yet another waterfall. The tunnel plunges 30 feet below, through a very narrow channel. The passage closes up a bit around it and there is no gap on either side of the water and only about two feet of clearance that isn’t filled with rushing, gurgling water.

On one side of the tunnel, there’s a round wooden indentation, like a door, and on the other side there’s a small keyhole.

It’s at this point, of course, that both Zafalia’s and Malak’s torches start to sputter a bit, their usefulness ending.

HPs: Malak - 15/15; Varkos - 22/22; Ilhalevar - 8/8; Al'Zur- 7/7; SoT - 25/25; Wulfgard - 12/12; Zafalia - 11/11; Korgul - 24/24; Odo - 17/17; Rake - 6/6
WIH: Malak: short sword; Varkos: long sword; Ilhalevar: quarterstaff; Al'Zur: long sword; SoT: Spear, shield; Wulfgard: staff; Zafalia: spear, shield; Korgul: battle axe, shield; Odo: short sword; Rake: long sword
MO (10’): 1- Odo; 2- Korgul and Varkos; 3- SoT and Malak; 4- Ilhalevar and Al'Zur; 5- Zafalia and Wulfgard; 6- Rake
Consumables: Lantern - 4 hours left (off), 30' radius; Torch, 9 minutes (Malak), 40' radius; Torch, 11 minutes (Zafalia), 40’ radius.
--------Spells: Ilhalevar: 1-2/2; Al'Zur: 1-1/1; Wulfgard: 1-4/4, 2-2/2; Zafalia: 1-4/4, 2-3/3

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#99 Post by dmw71 »

rredmond wrote:It’s at this point, of course, that both Zafalia’s and Malak’s torches start to sputter a bit, their usefulness ending.
Malak quickly retrieves a replacement torch from his backpack (ooc: character sheet updated) and uses his current torch to light the new one, if it will, before tossing the sputtering torch aside. "I have a few more if you need," he offers to Zafalia.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Solinor
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#100 Post by Solinor »

Wulfgard is ready to take his place in the marching order.

Return to “Pod-Caverns Of The Sinister Shroom”