Action Thread 3

KesselZero
Runner
Runner

Re: Action Thread 3

#61 Post by KesselZero »

I was born to hack, ranger! cries Korgul, charging after SoT and attacking the giant centipede.

Battle Axe: attack roll: [1d20 + 2] = 5+2 = 7 damage roll: [1d8 + 3] = 8+3 = 11

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#62 Post by rredmond »

Day 1 – 10:07a
Round 2

The creature presses forward mindlessly, he’s found his next meal!

Unfortunately the victims don’t comply. Creatures initiative is [1d6] = 1 you win initiative.

While Odo is still unable to strike the creature. Rake gets in a fantastic swing with his sword. Cutting a big gash in it’s body and he sees a happy flinch of pain from the creature.

Both are happy to see spears, mace and blade though coming to the rescue, just as the creature rears up to attack the duo, it becomes a big pincushion of spears. With a thud of a mace to seal the deal. It falls to the ground, unmoving.

Varkos comes slowly up, sword out, dragging 40 pounds of plant matter behind him. “It is you guys,” he says with a wave.

With no common enemy, now you all take a minute to look around at each other, nobody quite ready to put down weapons quite yet.

and then there were 10.

HPs: Malak - 15/15; Varkos - 22/22; Ilhalevar - 8/8; Al'Zur- 7/7; SoT - 25/25; Wulfgard - 12/12; Zafalia - 11/11; Korgul - 24/24; Odo - 17/17; Rake - 6/6
WIH: Malak: short sword; Varkos: long sword; Ilhalevar: quarterstaff; Al'Zur: long sword; SoT: Spear, shield; Wulfgard: staff; Zafalia: spear, shield; Korgul: battle axe, shield; Odo: short sword; Rake: long sword
MO (10’): 1- Malak; 2- Korgul and SoT; 3- Varkos; 4- Ilhalevar and Al'Zur; 5- Zafalia and Wulfgard; ? Rake and Odo
Consumables: Lantern - 4 hours left (off), 30' radius; Torch, 43 minutes (Malak), 40' radius; Torch, 48 minutes (Zafalia), 40’ radius.
--------Spells: Ilhalevar: 1-2/2; Al'Zur: 1-1/1; Wulfgard: 1-4/4, 2-2/2; Zafalia: 1-4/4, 2-3/3
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#63 Post by tkrexx »

Son of Thunder looks back and forth between Varkos and the new pair. Seems we have a mutual friend. The big galoot is brave enough, and strong as a bear. But since you seem to have the advantage in this cave, do you have a way to get that green growth off Varkos, and my friend Malak as well?

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#64 Post by saalaria »

"So Rake, Odo where did you guys get to? Last thing I remember was coming down the 'ladder' into the cave with you and the others...where did they go by the way? ... then I woke up with you all gone."

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#65 Post by Distorted Humor »

Odo rubs his head.

We where in the group, and got sleepy, and woke up when you big folks made enough noise that even a blind orc could of found you.

Solinor
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#66 Post by Solinor »

Perhaps we could use some wine to help disolve the stickiness of the plant? Unfortunately, I do not have any to lend.

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#67 Post by Distorted Humor »

"Anyone have some wine, perhaps it will loosen the plants."
Odo thinks aloud.

KesselZero
Runner
Runner

#69 Post by KesselZero »

No wine here, either. Perhaps some oil from a lantern could help loosen the grip? Of course then our friends'll be a mite flammable... There's always the axe method, though, which I often find ta bo the best.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#70 Post by tkrexx »

The Ranger again silently curses himself for bringing torches instead of oil. Was there any luck at all with fire? I don't believe leaving them stuck is harmless.

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#71 Post by Distorted Humor »

odo tosses a vial of oil out to the party....

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#72 Post by Argennian »

Zafalia looks over the new editions to the group with an assessing eye. Her eyebrows go up as she envisions Malak and Vargos dousing themselves in lamp oil.

"Hmm, perhaps there is another way. It is possible that they could just release themselve after some time," muses the druidess as she cleans the bug goo from her spear and moves over to inspect the plant remnants attached to Vargos and Malak.

She will closely scrutinize the flora in the hope that her knowledge of plants and such might help her to discover what could be done to get them off.
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#73 Post by saalaria »

Varkos pauses in his swinging at the plant to let the druidess more closely examine his attachment."What do you think Zafalia? I still think hacking is the best way!"

OOC - Ron has The Big V done any appreciable damage to the blasted plant yet?

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#74 Post by Vargr1105 »

Distorted Humor wrote:
"Anyone have some wine, perhaps it will loosen the plants."
Odo thinks aloud.
"Wine?" Rake blurts out, "Yes I have some wine; got two skins full of in fact."

He fumbles with his load and produces the aforementioned wineskins, tossing one to Odo and taking a swill from the other one.

"Hmm...this is the good stuff! Try no to waste too much of it one the vegetable-things will you?"

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#75 Post by Distorted Humor »

Odo pours a bit of wine on the attached area to see if it loosens the plant mass.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#76 Post by rredmond »

Day 1 – 10:10a

The Druidess is inspecting the plants. PM sent. The problem, the blade carriers can see, with hacking them off, is the sticky tendrils are real short, like 6 inches long. They've attached real tight to their victims, so it's a matter of slicing/hacking off the main pod/body of the plant. Which is sappy messy work, and sloppy too both to the blades and the victims.

Trying the wine does seem to help loosen them a bit. Though it's real hard to tell whether it's the wine or time.

HPs: Malak - 15/15; Varkos - 22/22; Ilhalevar - 8/8; Al'Zur- 7/7; SoT - 25/25; Wulfgard - 12/12; Zafalia - 11/11; Korgul - 24/24; Odo - 17/17; Rake - 6/6
WIH: Malak: short sword; Varkos: long sword; Ilhalevar: quarterstaff; Al'Zur: long sword; SoT: Spear, shield; Wulfgard: staff; Zafalia: spear, shield; Korgul: battle axe, shield; Odo: short sword; Rake: long sword
MO (10’): 1- Malak; 2- Korgul and SoT; 3- Varkos; 4- Ilhalevar and Al'Zur; 5- Zafalia and Wulfgard; ? Rake and Odo
Consumables: Lantern - 4 hours left (off), 30' radius; Torch, 41 minutes (Malak), 40' radius; Torch, 46 minutes (Zafalia), 40’ radius.
--------Spells: Ilhalevar: 1-2/2; Al'Zur: 1-1/1; Wulfgard: 1-4/4, 2-2/2; Zafalia: 1-4/4, 2-3/3
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#77 Post by Alethan »

Ilhalevar studies those tangled up in vines for a bit and suggests, "Why don't we just take a breather and get to know our new companions and see if they don't just fall off on their own?"
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#78 Post by dmw71 »

Alethan wrote:Ilhalevar studies those tangled up in vines for a bit and suggests, "Why don't we just take a breather and get to know our new companions and see if they don't just fall off on their own?"
"Good idea, because I can't go anywhere with this.... thing... attached to me." Malak states, before realizing how accurately weak that makes him sound. "I mean, I could press on, if we needed to, but getting to know our new companions might not be the worst idea."

He looks to the strangers and nods. "Malak." he offers.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#79 Post by Argennian »

rredmond wrote:Day 1 – 10:10a

The Druidess is inspecting the plants. PM sent. The problem, the blade carriers can see, with hacking them off, is the sticky tendrils are real short, like 6 inches long. They've attached real tight to their victims, so it's a matter of slicing/hacking off the main pod/body of the plant. Which is sappy messy work, and sloppy too both to the blades and the victims.

Trying the wine does seem to help loosen them a bit. Though it's real hard to tell whether it's the wine or time...
After closer inspection, Zafalia looks up to Malak and Varkos. "Fret not, friends. It appears, now that the plants are dead, that the sticky resin is losing adhesion. Given a few more moments, I believe that they will fall off on their own..."

dmw71 wrote:
Alethan wrote:Ilhalevar studies those tangled up in vines for a bit and suggests, "Why don't we just take a breather and get to know our new companions and see if they don't just fall off on their own?"
"Good idea, because I can't go anywhere with this.... thing... attached to me." Malak states, before realizing how accurately weak that makes him sound. "I mean, I could press on, if we needed to, but getting to know our new companions might not be the worst idea."

He looks to the strangers and nods. "Malak." he offers.
The druidess offers a curt nod to the newcomers. "Well met then, again. I am Zafalia, druidess of the Ancient Groves. Are you all here on behalf of the village as well?"
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#80 Post by Distorted Humor »

"My name is Odo," Takes swig of wine before giving it back. "I live by my wits, Thank thee for the help on the multi-legged beast of doom. I have not seen that many legs since I went to the House of the rising sun.."

Return to “Pod-Caverns Of The Sinister Shroom”