-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: Action Thread 4

#82 Post by dmw71 »

rredmond wrote:Elwita is about halfway across paying attention to her way as well as a bit to Ogres. Then…
Elwita freezes in place, holding her arm up behind her indicating for anyone behind her to stop. "Loose support beam below me," she says. "Ogre, are you able to levitate on over here and pick me up?" she jokes.

"I'm not sure what will happen if I move," she states as she cautiously begins to remove her backpack. Once able, she fishes a length of silk rope from her back and fastens it securely around her waist. "Catch," she says, as she heaves the other end to her companions behind her. "Let me know once you have it. Leave a good bit of slack, though, as, if things start to fall about me, I will need the ability to move."
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#83 Post by Alethan »

Freya catches the rope and passes the end back to the others so that three or four people are now holding it and braced in case Elwita falls.

"You should try to come back, El. We can't watch both of you at the same time. Or maybe Ogre should levitate up to the ceiling, walk his way over to you, pick you up, then go to the other side and you can secure one of your ropes there for the rest of us to cross with the beam."
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#84 Post by hedgeknight »

"Don't worry about Ogre > I've got him!" Dredd says, watching his friends and the beam closely. "Ogre, if the beam gives way, I'm going to levitate you up to the ceiling...just don't freak out on me, okay?"

If Ogre slips and falls or the beam gives way, Dredd will invoke the levitation spell he placed on Ogre.
Winter is coming...

acererak
Tracker
Tracker

#85 Post by acererak »

Ogre's dice roll[1d20] = 10 If I am able to levitate over to Elwita I will do so by using the ceiling and walls to propel myself. Then if I can I will lift her and float to the other side.

Ogre says calmly. Double D I'm gonna try to go get Elwita.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#86 Post by hedgeknight »

Okay! I think the spell with hold you both!

Dredd concentrates and levitates Ogre to the ceiling, allowing the burly fighter to "crawl" along until he is directly over Elwita...then he lowers him down...
Winter is coming...

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#87 Post by rredmond »

Day 1– In the complex - 4:25am

Ogre is, so far, safe on the board path in the center. The rope is secured by Freda.

I hope to resolve this soon, might not be until tomorrow morning though, sorry. But it gives folks more time to chime in. If nothing changes before I can post again, I'll go with Ogre being levitated and crawling on the ceiling.

HPs: Elwita - 33/50; Ogre - 45/45; Delgath - 25/25; Karraway - 31/42; Blodgett - 16/20 ; Freda - 39/40; Phanstern - 25/25; Eljayess - 16/25; Kayen - 25/25
WIH: Elwita: war hammer, shield; Ogre: Long sword (20' radius light), shield; Delgath: Staff; Karraway: mace, shield; Blodgett: short sword; Freda: long sword, shield; Phanstern: dagger, lantern; Eljayess: Spear, shield; Kayen: long sword, shield
MO: Blodgett, Elwita, Freda, Ogre, Eljayess, Phanstern, Delgath, Kayen, Karraway
Consumables: Bullseye Lantern (Phanstern) - (3 hours, 8 minutes left) 80' radius, 10' wide beam; Torch - Delgath (lit, 25 minutes), Torch - Freda (burnt with undead), Torch (not lit, 60 minutes), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Delgath 1-4/4, 2-1/2, 3-1/1 Levitate – 35 minutes: Karraway: 1-5/5, 2-5/5, 3-2/2: Phanstern: 1-4/4, 2-2/2, 3-1/1; Eljayess: 1-3/4, 2-3/3; Kayen: 1-3/3, 2-2/2
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#89 Post by Vargr1105 »

As does Kayen. He would be crossing his fingers hadn't his hands been occupied with Ogre's stash.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#90 Post by rredmond »

Day 1– In the complex - 4:40am

Interesting...

Ogre is levitated upward by the Dredd one. He is then able to pull-crawl himself along the ceiling to get to Elwita. The levitation only taking a few minutes, the crawling more time. Then the gathering up of the dwarf more time still. When Ogre lifts Elwita, and Freda yanks on the rope, the wall, to the east of the dwarf, collapses in on her. It crumbles to the ground, miraculously only causing a, quite severe, scuff mark on her fur boots. The wall leaves a good size hole (2' in diameter) to the courtyard as well as takes out the whole path along that eastern wall.

When the sound of the falling wall subsides, you hear no other sounds. Freda, with some aid, is able to pull them over to where you are standing. Dredd de-levitates them onto the ground.

That path on the right exists no longer.

HPs: Elwita - 33/50; Ogre - 45/45; Delgath - 25/25; Karraway - 31/42; Blodgett - 16/20 ; Freda - 39/40; Phanstern - 25/25; Eljayess - 16/25; Kayen - 25/25
WIH: Elwita: war hammer, shield; Ogre: Long sword (20' radius light), shield; Delgath: Staff; Karraway: mace, shield; Blodgett: short sword; Freda: long sword, shield; Phanstern: dagger, lantern; Eljayess: Spear, shield; Kayen: long sword, shield
MO: Blodgett, Elwita, Freda, Ogre, Eljayess, Phanstern, Delgath, Kayen, Karraway
Consumables: Bullseye Lantern (Phanstern) - (2 hours, 55 minutes left) 80' radius, 10' wide beam; Torch - Delgath (lit, 10 minutes), Torch - Freda (burnt with undead), Torch (not lit, 60 minutes), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Delgath 1-4/4, 2-1/2, 3-1/1 Levitate – 20 minutes: Karraway: 1-5/5, 2-5/5, 3-2/2: Phanstern: 1-4/4, 2-2/2, 3-1/1; Eljayess: 1-3/4, 2-3/3; Kayen: 1-3/3, 2-2/2
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#91 Post by dmw71 »

rredmond wrote:When Ogre lifts Elwita, and Freda yanks on the rope, the wall, to the east of the dwarf, collapses in on her.
"Thanks for the lift." Elwita quips. She looks over at where the ledge on the right wall once stood. "Well, that's no longer an option." she states, rather obviously. "Ogre, how did the center beam feel, before you were lifted off of it? Do you think it could have supported your weight then entire length?"
-- Project --
-- DM --

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#92 Post by hedgeknight »

"That was a lot of noise! Do you think anything heard it? The guards are not that far away."
Dredd then says, "By the way, we still have more time on this spell if we need it. You wanna go take a look below?"
Winter is coming...

acererak
Tracker
Tracker

#93 Post by acererak »

Ogre replies to Elwita:I think it will hold, but only one at a time.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#94 Post by dmw71 »

acererak wrote:Ogre replies to Elwita:I think it will hold, but only one at a time.
"A'right then. Let us cross in our marching order. Everyone prepared?" she asks. She collects her rope, bundling it into her backpack before turning and heading towards the missing floor. A moment later, she begins the slow, careful march across the plank.

ooc:
5'
[Ewita]
[Freda]
[Ogre]
[Blodgett]
[Eljayess]
[Dread]
[Phanstern]
[Kayen]
-- Project --
-- DM --

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#95 Post by Vargr1105 »

Kayen

"I suppose you will be wanting your accoutrements back..."
The elf hands Ogre his equipment back before the party attempts the crossing.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#96 Post by Alethan »

Freda crosses over when it is her turn.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#97 Post by Nuke66 »

Eljayess is confident if Ogre makes it across ok. She talks to herself as she crosses, "One step in front of the other, and don't look down"

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#98 Post by hedgeknight »

"Isn't there another way around?" Dredd mutters as he waits his turn to cross, hoping the plank holds for all of them.
Winter is coming...

acererak
Tracker
Tracker

#99 Post by acererak »

Ogre nods in thanks as he receives his belongings back and then he waits his turn to cross.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#100 Post by rredmond »

Day 1– In the complex - 4:50am

Though those boards don't like when Ogre goes across, and creak again warningly when Phanstern goes carefully across, everyone makes it across fine and without issue.

As folks make it across, the north side of the room gets crowded and you are forced to move a bit into the hall. Just as he makes it across, Delgath's torch starts to sputter... it's usefulness ending.

Otherwise the hallway you are entering is dark and quiet.

Updating the map here viewtopic.php?p=13765#p13765 .

Consumables: Bullseye Lantern (Phanstern) - (2 hours, 45 minutes left) 80' radius, 10' wide beam; Torch - Delgath (lit, 2 minutes), Torch - Freda (burnt with undead), Torch (not lit, 60 minutes), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Delgath 1-4/4, 2-1/2, 3-1/1 Levitate – 10 minutes: Karraway: 1-5/5, 2-5/5, 3-2/2: Phanstern: 1-4/4, 2-2/2, 3-1/1; Eljayess: 1-3/4, 2-3/3; Kayen: 1-3/3, 2-2/2

Return to “Slave Pits of the Undercity”