Death in the Depths

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

Re: Death in the Depths

#101 Post by OGRE MAGE »

As Blodgett and the now dead Yesorkh plummet to the floor, the flying party members burst into action to try to save the foolish young hobbit. Mira gets to him first with her super fast movement while Xano catches up to them eventually as well. Between the girls trying to keep him aloft, and the power of Morgi’s ring, the trio is able to let the dead body of Yesorhk down easily onto the treasure pile without further injuries to the halfling. Oh my, that was pretty intense! Is all the hobbit can think of to say at the moment.

With the evil ba'atun queen now permanently vanquished and lying dead at their feet, the party is able to take a moment to catch their breaths and lick their wounds. The magical doorway above them vanishes from existence as the din of battle fades into the distant reaches of this massive cloud castle. Already the misty cloud material that makes up this entire castle is beginning to brighten from the dull grey colors that you have seen so far, into a much brighter white. There are no other doors to investigate in this room so Blodget gets to work playing in the massive pile of coin and jewels.

Although it was intended for Yesorkh to escape with her life in this module, I really hate it when the bad guy simply vanishes at the end of a long tough adventure.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (168.38 KiB) Viewed 1043 times
Much of the credit should go toward Xano’s incredibly fortunate timing on her final roll of a nat 20. :shock:

I will begin working on the final write up for this game. In the meantime, please proceed with anything else that your character might still want to do.

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#102 Post by greyarea »

Trotter, looks about the room making sure that everyone, although perhaps as banged up as he is, is alive. He sheathes his sword, picks up and slings his bow, pulls out his pipe, packs and lights it. He takes a long pull of the pipeweed and blows a smoke ring.

Well, hopefully that's that, he says. Should we see how the giant is doing back there?

I hate endings like that too, Ogre Mage. Especially scripted like that. Ugh. Much prefer how you handled it.

Bravo for an excellent adventure. What's next? :)

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#103 Post by Nuke66 »

"Hurry, we must get back to the Giant." Morgi exclaims, as he flies back the way he came, leaving the broom behind.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#104 Post by Dram »

Xano joins Blodget looking thru treasure. Pocketing the biggest jewels she sees. Blodget grab what you can and lets see who is left of our winged friends.She then heads out with the others. She moves to help Halo walk with the others. Come my friend the battle is lets see if we can find someone to heal you.

Ogre Mage this is a great mod to play. I like the endings like this. Do you have another mod in mind to play? If possible I like to continue with these PC's.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#105 Post by Storm11 »

Halo accepts the assistance gratefully. He will sense evil in the chamber to try and determine if the spirit of the creature is truly gone, and if any of the treasure is tainted.

The injured hobbit will then recover his sword and make his way around the chamber looking for any secret exits before leaving the treasure room.
Greys Campaign.

Hotgoblin
President of Unseen Servant

#106 Post by Hotgoblin »

Do you think there's a spot in the castle I can plug my Staff in for recharging?? :mrgreen:

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#107 Post by tkrexx »

Morgi! Mira exclaims, It's ME!! So good to see you alive! How many Snow-Demons remain outside? I will send my Dragons out to deal with as many as possible.

Hotgoblin

#108 Post by Hotgoblin »

Wyntar picks up the broom from where Morgi left it...he watches some of the party head out of the room...Halo, does any evil eminate yet from that wretched witch? If not let us check on Lachlian... He closes his eyes and wonders if the skyfish is still waiting for his return.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#109 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Halo detects for evil on the body of Yesorhk and around the rest of the room. He sees nothing to worry about and finds no other doors, secret or otherwise. Mira wants to make sure that Morgi knows it is her underneath the vivid disguise as one of the red ba'atun priestesses. She agrees to send her shadow dragons outside to clean up any remaining mess but, the druid tells her that everything out there is either dead or came back inside the castle. Wyntar looks for an outlet for his staff and wonders if the skyfish still awaits their return up on the roof. Trotter is glad to still draw breath so he pulls out his pipe for a quick smoke.

Once Blodget is freed from the grasp of the dead Yesorkh’s claws, he and Xano begin filling up their pockets with gold and the finest gems from the treasure pile. Blodget wonders if it is such a good idea to steal from someone who is so much taller than him but, he decides that if Xano is doing it, so will he.

Morgi is the last one who saw the cloud giant alive. He suggests rushing back to his side in order to help him defeat the last of the snow demons. He leaves behind the magical hobby horse and begins flying quickly back the way that he came. The rest of the group slowly follows along, ready to put this whole ordeal behind them.

When the group arrives back up at the destroyed storage chamber, they find the immense form of Lachlan lying on the floor next to a scattered pile of a half dozen dead snow demons. One of the creatures is still alive but it is pinned under the massive form of the prone giant. Lachlan still draws breath but, he is clearly very badly wounded. The room is otherwise void of any more threats or evil flying monsters.

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#110 Post by Storm11 »

Halo will move forwards and finish off the snow demon. And if no one binds the Giants wounds he will then do so.
Greys Campaign.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#112 Post by Dram »

Xano- Let Morgi tend to our tall friend here. The rest of us should go out and make sure our flying friends still live and finish off any those winged monsters.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#113 Post by tkrexx »

I am nearly useless, Mira admits. My Dragons will soon return to the mists, as will my wings. My only remaining offense will affect but precious few, and completely deplete my mystics. I shall also remain with this unfortunate Giant, in hopes to learn precisely what happened here.

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#114 Post by Storm11 »

"Without further healing it would be suicide to run in to another fight with anyone for me!" Halo replies sadly
Greys Campaign.

Hotgoblin

#115 Post by Hotgoblin »

Wyntar

I too, need rest, my Staff will be of no use as well. Xano, I do believe Morgi just said our friends and her evil doers were all dead, he would know, since he had been outside the longest. Lachlan needs our help now, keep in mind he has lost time with Yesorkh possessing him and has lost his family.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#116 Post by OGRE MAGE »

6 posts in less than 20 hours? :shock: Where was that participation during the rest of the game? :lol:
Even after Morgi mentions that the danger outside has been eliminated, and with most of the party members health in dire straits, Xano still harbors the desire to go outside and kill some more evil. After Wyntar reminds her that all of their friends have already been completely obliterated and there is nothing left to kill, she subdues her blood lust. The rest of the group is content to rest here and learn what they can from the no longer possessed giant.

Halo is happy to exterminate the last of the remaining snow demons by plunging his sword through the things head. The half-elf rushes to Lachlan’s side again and heals him back to consciousness. The massive being sits upright, now at least somewhat familiar with this group of strangers who are milling about his castle. He asks only one question in a loud booming voice.

Where are my children!?!? Please tell me that they yet live!!!

With that, the behemoth rises to his feet groggily and rushes towards the door leading out to the main hall of this lower level.

Thank you dearly for your help but, I must go see to them!

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#117 Post by Storm11 »

The small knight will do his best to keep up
Greys Campaign.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#118 Post by tkrexx »

Mira shakes her head sympathetically. We know nothing of your children, Sir. We had heard a family of your folk lived here in the past, but naught else.

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#119 Post by Nuke66 »

Morgi does in fact indicate that any remaining threats should be minimal, however, given the groups current state, could be fatal.

"Let him greive in peace, we don't want to be near him as he tours what is left of this place. Let us return the the treasure vault and see just what that bitch as accumulated for us. But first, some blessings." Morgi will burn off his last 3 (I think) CLWs. Blodget, Halo and Trotter me thinks.

[1d8+1] = 1+1 = 2 clw
[1d8+1] = 3+1 = 4 clw
[1d8+1] = 5+1 = 6 clw

As they return, the druid will first cast detect magic as he walks around the vault, pionting out items of interest. 8-)

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#120 Post by Dram »

Xano follows Morgi with the others. Not one of our flying friends survived?
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

Return to “Dark Clouds Gather AD&D 1E”