Interlude 5: Celebration!

kalstone
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: Interlude 5: Celebration!

#21 Post by kalstone »

Solaine says to Climent, "I apologize if you felt there was friction." She looks at the ground, "I never had much interaction with Mages in Adamas. I thought you were all silly, running around in your robes, poring over useless books. I thought a real man cut his way through the world with steel."

She sighs, "I have to admit I was wrong. You have been a great help on our forays into this place. I don't know if we would have survived that accursed shadow if it were not for you. Plus, you helped to save my life. If I was too harsh in my dealings with you, it's because I am used to rough and tumble men who joke with one another as they may be dying together the next day. If you wish to depart, I understand. But, if you do, please understand that we all appreciate what you've done for us."

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#22 Post by drpete »

Plud is not interested in becoming Galen's henchman, so I'm not sure what to do with Gslen's offer. He says no thank you.

Climent nods, and tells Solaine that he has no hard feelings, but he's going to find another groip.
GM: Dwimmermount (ACKS)

Zim: 7/7 | Torgyr: 14/14 | U Tar: 3/3 | Nazares: 6/6| Emm: 9/9 |Quinn: 13/13
Ranulf: 10/10 | Solaine: 12/12 | Liam: 4/4 | X | Randolpho: 10/10 | Audi: 8/8

kalstone
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#23 Post by kalstone »

Solaine will make the same offer to Plud, minus the converting to Tyche.

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#24 Post by drpete »

Plud declines. He says it's clear that he and the group don't see eye to eye, and he'll go seek another job, with Climent.

He declines a magic share, but asks for a copy of the map as part of his share. He points out that this won't cost you snyyhing, and he did help figure it out.

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#25 Post by drpete »

Plud and Climent ask for their share of the treasure, and accuse you of holding out on them. This inspires Zim to ask for his share, and Emm and Audi to ask if they will be getting their shares.

Plud and Climent (and now Zim) want 650 gold each as their shares from the last two delves.

Durric watches, concerned, as tempers in the group start to get raw again.

Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#26 Post by Zorroroaster »

Torgyr is in no mood for games.

"You know damn well we aren't holding out on you. We only just returned and folks are getting healed up and rested. You've been made fair offers to join with us which you've turned down as is your right. If we were holding out on you, we'd have told you to shove off. Or hidden loot from you as we delved, which you know damn well didn't happen. We haven't even counted it out yet, which you are welcome to assist us in doing. Don't make this harder than it needs to be."

Ok, I'm going to ask this in complete ignorance because either it hasn't been tallied or I haven't been paying attention, or something else. Do we have this in cash, and if so who's holding it? Are each of them actually owed that much? If Plud and Zim are taking full shares, why is Climent asking for the same? Can someone remind me of our original agreement with him? Was it full share, was he hired as a merc, what? Bear with my stupidity. :lol:
()==[:::::::::::::>
[]-Orrin Lighthammer, Dwarven Gymnast-[] The Arch-Duchy of Vaul: A West Marches Labyrinth Lord Sandbox
[]-Arnulf The Banal, Manchild SuperMage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)
[]-Nai Tnam, Dwarven Cleric-[] Lair of the Black Druid - OSRIC
[]-Bronn Arnulfsen, Half-Orc Fighter-[] Valnwall, The Barrowmaze (LL)
[]-<[RIP]>Eduard d'Arnise, Elven Fighter/Mage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)

barkman
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#27 Post by barkman »

Randolpho, attempting to play peacemaker suggests that the actual division can wait until we return to muntburg as a group, so there is safety in numbers.

He will make an attempt to get Climent to join him as a henchman, pointing out that he has already scored access to one spell book in this delve, as well as offering to argue on his behalf to receive a war mask as a share of treasure in the future if he stays on with Randolpho. He will also point out that there was no tension between them, and by working with me, there would be a much clearer understanding of duties and responsibilities going toward. .

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#28 Post by drpete »

Those numbers were a calculation based on the treasure values from the delves from the last 2 days. You have this in a combination of gold and gems.

Climent has been a "full share" member since the second delve, when Galen joined, and Plud and Zim were getting full shares for the last two delves.

You guys were trying to knock them from full shares to 15% shares. Zim is going along, but Plud and Climent were offended. The response to requests for shares of the "special" stuff was rebuffed, and to be fair, some of you are actively considering murdering them to keep the map secret. They are getting jumpy...

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#29 Post by drpete »

Climent responds to Randolpho that he would stay for a full share of treasure, including the rod. He has no interest in being a henchman. He asks Randolpho, in the interest of continued friendship after they stop working together, if he can have one of the spell books as his "special" share, as a compromise.

Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#30 Post by Zorroroaster »

Right, I understand now. Going from full share to henchman is why they feel cheated. I get it now. I don't understand the murder angle - who was contemplating that?

They can have their full share of the previous delves because that was the deal as of then. After that, they can go on their way. Nobody was trying to cut them out of what they'd already earned.

I think Climent wants too much. What do the others think?
[]-Orrin Lighthammer, Dwarven Gymnast-[] The Arch-Duchy of Vaul: A West Marches Labyrinth Lord Sandbox
[]-Arnulf The Banal, Manchild SuperMage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)
[]-<[RIP]>Eduard d'Arnise, Elven Fighter/Mage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#31 Post by drpete »

Looking back, it was actually tk who was proposing that while in the dungeon. Bob was proposing not letting him go in a "we need him" way, that I think I read wrong while on the go.

But Climent definitely is asking for some goodie "on top" of the gold for his share.

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#32 Post by Stirling »

Quinn

Quinn is a bit confused as to all the commotion? We have only left the mount barely one day and two are demanding their share, has anyone threatened to kill anyone? Not including the value of the sword, what do we have money wise and what share? Simply add it all up, minus 5% for ongoing expefition costs then equally divide the rest.

As for the war mask, though worn and carried by Quinn, he is more than happy to pass it on to someone else to use and steward or sell at the best price. I am not convinced about its' long term unknown negative effects.

As for the sword. (+1, valued around 5000 gp)... perhaps we need a group consensus of those going forward. Quinn is happy to keep and use it, though he would still like a share of gp to buy stuff.

Does the total gp include the reward offer from Durric or do we roleplay that to its' conclusion?

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#33 Post by drpete »

Two characters (Plud and Climent) are leaving the group, and are asking for their share of gold, somewhat dramatically.

The share they worked out may or may not be right.

Durric hasn't given you any money, yet, but it'll come, presumably, once he gets back to town.

kalstone
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#34 Post by kalstone »

Solaine says, "By my reckoning, each share is 555 gp. You are definitely entitled to that."

Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#35 Post by Dogma »

Ranulf stands aloof as tempers flair. "Don't get your knickers in a twist now. We all shared in the dangers to bring this stuff out of the mountain. Just because you want to leave doesn't mean you get extra. You'll get your fair share, paid in gold, but not a copper more."

Ranulf is against giving Plud a copy of the map. He's also against handing out any of the magic items to Plud, Zim. If we need to give Climent any magic item it should be a mask.

For the record, i had thought we'd pay them full shares, and then try to take them on as retainers...guess we should have been more clear :) but what's done is done. I kind of like how this has turned out RP wise...

Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#36 Post by Zorroroaster »

I'm enjoying the drama!

Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#37 Post by Zorroroaster »

My only concern is Climent. Wasn't there some cause for concern early on as to his trustworthiness? Based on that, I think we walk a fine line between giving him his due and pissing him off. At this point I say we let him have a mask, an appropriately reduced share of gold and a thank you note from the company directors for his service. :lol:

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#38 Post by drpete »

I know that Galen's always been suspicious of him, and he certainly has "held back" and been kind of squirrely, but I'm not sure if there have been any big red flags, unless you count the fact that his other adventuring group never showed up :lol: Galen may be able to clarify his suspicions.

Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#39 Post by Dogma »

I'd be fine with a mask and an appropriately reduced share of treasure for Climent. Other than being a poor adventurer (he ran away during one fight and really only helped out against the shadow in the last delve), Ranulf has no issue with him. I think Galen thought he was a spy for another other group. I think they just fired him for poor performance :)

bobloblah
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#40 Post by bobloblah »

drpete wrote:You guys were trying to knock them from full shares to 15% shares. Zim is going along, but Plud and Climent were offended.
Okay, but to be fair, we are only offering that because their players dumped the game. They're getting full shares for the previous delves, but going forward I have no desire to give an NPC a full share. Why would we? The only way we would have them with us in future is as Henchmen. There's a conflict here between the real world fact of a player bailing, and the in-game status of a character...
Zorroroaster wrote:My only concern is Climent. Wasn't there some cause for concern early on as to his trustworthiness? Based on that, I think we walk a fine line between giving him his due and pissing him off.
Out-of-character, that was totally Galen finding him too aloof and evasive, and wondering where the Hell this "other group" of his was; Galen thought they would eventually show up and rob us blind. I'm still a bit worried about that due to Climent knowing about the complete map. Still, I think he was pretty handy, and I wish we could recruit him as a Henchman. Again, there's some weird metagame conflict here over the difference between a PC and Henchman.

Return to “Dwimmermount (ACKS)”