Chp. 4: The Gods Will

Mant72
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Chp. 4: The Gods Will

#481 Post by Mant72 »

Calto the druid:

Calto reels from the blast of cold fire, able to stave off the brunt of its effects.

Assuming his true form, Calto immediately begins reciting an incantation to summon the aid of a swarm of insects.
-Save vs Spell (12): [1d20] = 12

- Calto casts Summon Insects

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#482 Post by Dram »

Kitchi- I warned you elf! The dagger has you posessed and no more of shall be sacrificed to feed the evil in this temple. He hurls his tomahawk at the elf and then drawing Wyrm bane. When the Tomahawk returns he will not attempt to gab it. He will press the fight with the elf.

Tomahawk[1d20+3] = 5+3 = 8, sm [1d6+3] = 1+3 = 4, lg[1d4+3] = 4+3 = 7

Sav throw [1d20] = 18
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#483 Post by Grognardsw »

The End - Round Two

Tabai the jungle barbarian falls unconscious to the floor, skin burnt and body bleeding out.

Kitchi Blackfoot's magic tomahawk hurtles down the hallway but the chanting Siavel ducks it. Calto the druid intones his own druidic words to gather insects of the underearth to his aid.

Siavel completes his elven incantation and a wall of fire unfurls from the sorcerer down the hallway, catching druid and ranger in burning painful flame that ruptures skin (16 HP) and ignites clothes. Calto, still chanting his own spell, has his magic casting interupted.

Actions for Round 3!
- Please see roller archive for rolls.
- Summon insect spell casting time is one round. As such, it is still in progress when Calto takes damage thus interupting his spell.
- Having made their saves in round one, K and C take 5 HP from the black flame. Tabai took 10 so he's out at -1.
- HP status: viewtopic.php?p=180013#p180013

Mant72
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#484 Post by Mant72 »

Calto the druid:

The nature priest knows there is no longer any hope in combating the deranged Siavel. The expedition is lost and self-preservation takes hold.

"Kitchi, if you value your life, flee!" With this Calto assumes the shape of a small parrot and makes for the top of the ziggurat. He will exit and alight on a branch in the canopy, watching for brave Kitchi.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#485 Post by Dram »

Kitchi- Flee where?! Kitchi commands the sword to attack(dance) as he looks for his tomahawk.

+2 S. sword(Wyrm tongue) +3vs reptiles to hit[1d20+3] = 2+3 = 5, to dam sm[1d6+3] = 3+3 = 6 lg[1d8+3] = 4+3 = 7
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#486 Post by Grognardsw »

The End - Round Four

The wall of fire continues to shimmer, running down the middle of the hallway. Calto and Kitchi keep to the sides of the wall, but the radiating heat still sears them (4 HP.)

In the now-brightly lit hallway the grievously wounded Kitchi tosses Wyrmblade into the air and barks a magic command. The short sword once wielded by fallen comrade Bruno the gnome comes to life, whirling in a dance of steel in the air toward Siavel. The murderous elf moves his hands in arcane gesture.

Meanwhile Calto the druid is metamorphosing into a bird.

Wyrmblade slices and misses Siavel at the same moment four magic missiles of red energy burst from his fingertips. Two strike Calto (8 HP) and two Kitchi (5 HP.) The ranger staggers back and slumps to the ground (at -6 HP) unconscious and dying. His last sight is the burnt remains of his comrade Tabai.

Calto the bird retreats in flight as Siavel swings the ebony scepter. It hits the bird (7 HP) sending the druid fluttering into the wall before recovering. Calto flaps around the corner, past the spot of the zombies before coming to the closed door of the room with the sleeping pair of ancient olmecs. In bird form Calto is unable to open the door!

Actions for Round 5!
- Simultaneous initiative.
- Please see roller archive for rolls.
- The wall of flame is still there, bisecting the middle, running the length. PCs at edge of hallway walls, but within 10', so 2d4 damage.
- Calto retreating gives Siavel an attack of opportunity.
- The door in question was specified closed earlier.
- HP status: viewtopic.php?p=180013#p180013

Mant72
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#487 Post by Mant72 »

Calto the druid:

Calto calms his mind, knowing it is probable that he will soon wed death. He reflects, "All that flourishes must eventually fade. It is The Way, The Balance, The Order."

He quickly transforms back into his human form, opens the closed door at his back, and stands ready to face the fallen elf.
Last edited by Mant72 on Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#488 Post by Dram »

I must off on my HP I am showing that I should have 15hp left after this last damage?
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#489 Post by Grognardsw »

dram wrote:I must off on my HP I am showing that I should have 15hp left after this last damage?
The HP log shows the sequence of damage and heals. I don't believe there is a mistake. Being within 10' of the wall of fire, Kitchi's unconscious -6 body will take 2d4 each round for the remaining duration of the spell.

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#490 Post by Grognardsw »

Calto, breathing raggedly and heavily wounded, waits for the gods' will to play out. The sounds of fire crackle from around the corner. The smell of Tabai, Azoth and Kitchi's burnt flesh wafts down the corridor. Nightmare memories of the last several days flash through the druid's mind.

Siavel doesn't appear. Does the elf think Calto escaped? Or dead? What machinations are going through Siavel's possessed mind?

Calto opens the door. The olmecs sleep on their divans. Thanking the nature gods for the opportunity, the druid transforms for the final time this day and escapes the hidden shrine of Tomoachan.

- Finis -

Return to “The Hidden Shrine of Tamoachan (1e)”