Chapter 5: Let's Rock!

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Chapter 5: Let's Rock!

#681 Post by sulldawga »

How about Plud holds the oil flask and stands next to the wraith?

Once the wraith breaks the Choking Grip, throw the torch at Plud and then he can hug the wraith.

Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#682 Post by Zorroroaster »

Ha! No, let's save his sacrifice for the demon. I think we can take the wraith without resorting to Pludicide.
()==[:::::::::::::>
[]-Orrin Lighthammer, Dwarven Gymnast-[] The Arch-Duchy of Vaul: A West Marches Labyrinth Lord Sandbox
[]-Arnulf The Banal, Manchild SuperMage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)
[]-Nai Tnam, Dwarven Cleric-[] Lair of the Black Druid - OSRIC
[]-Bronn Arnulfsen, Half-Orc Fighter-[] Valnwall, The Barrowmaze (LL)
[]-<[RIP]>Eduard d'Arnise, Elven Fighter/Mage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#684 Post by drpete »

Round 3

Everyone prepares for the thing to break free from Climent's spell. It is, instead, hit by a powerful blow from Quinn (5 damage) and further choked by Climent's spell (4 damage).

There is a howling cry, that seems half in the air and half in your minds. The dark figure vanishes as if it had never existed. You notice that the room seems a bit brighter than it did moments ago.
GM: Dwimmermount (ACKS)

Zim: 7/7 | Torgyr: 14/14 | U Tar: 3/3 | Nazares: 6/6| Emm: 9/9 |Quinn: 13/13
Ranulf: 10/10 | Solaine: 12/12 | Liam: 4/4 | X | Randolpho: 10/10 | Audi: 8/8

Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#685 Post by Zorroroaster »

Torgyr's shoulders relax, albeit only slightly.

"One down, one to go."

He turns and focusses his attention on the secret door. He raises his crossbow and nestles it into his stocky shoulder.

"Let's give our flaming friend a volley, shall we?"

I think we should have our toughs up front ready to take on the demon. Ranged behind (or on!) the table ready to deliver an opening salvo.
[]-Orrin Lighthammer, Dwarven Gymnast-[] The Arch-Duchy of Vaul: A West Marches Labyrinth Lord Sandbox
[]-Arnulf The Banal, Manchild SuperMage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)
[]-<[RIP]>Eduard d'Arnise, Elven Fighter/Mage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)

bobloblah
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#686 Post by bobloblah »

"Wait, you fools!" Galen shouts, exasperated.

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#687 Post by sulldawga »

Zim moves toward the front rank, ready to follow Plud through the secret door.

He waits for Galen to speak his mind, though.

Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#688 Post by Zorroroaster »

Torgyr pauses at the sound of Galan's voice. He looks at Climent thoughtfully.

"Climent, that was swift thinking on your part with the spectre. What else might you have up your sleeve that will aid us with what's behind the door?"

bobloblah
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#689 Post by bobloblah »

"What need have we of rushing to confront that thing?" Galen lets the question hang in the air for a moment before continuing, "Now, I'll give you that I'm not sure I believe my own eyes... why does it just stand there? How did we not hear it slaughter its foe? It is, perhaps, an illusion, or dweomer, of sorts..." he regards the door thoughtfully, "...but then, perhaps the demon is all it seems, and is trapped by wards within this place. Turms was certainly known to practice the darker arts in his quest for knowledge and power."

Planting his staff with both hands, Galen stands straight as a post and puffs out his chest, "Given time to consider the meandering strands of Fate, I can yet call upon Mistress Tyche again this day. She would protect us from such an abomination, whatever its true nature."

barkman
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#690 Post by barkman »

"Fortune has indeed smiled upon us this day, and if climent has some other surprise to toss at the demon, we may be in the right place at the right time to deal with this demon. If an adventurer rests at its feet, perhaps it is wounded already and we may be able to finish it off"

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#691 Post by thirdkingdom »

Plud the Panivorous

Plud backs up and allows the more hale adventurers take the front line. "Let's see what's up with this 'demon'".

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#692 Post by drpete »

Climent smiles at Randolpho. "I don't know if I have much more to offer... that first one worked pretty well, though! That didn't satisfy you? Look at that, Climent came through after all."

kalstone
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#693 Post by kalstone »

Solaine scowls and says, "Great, Climent, you contributed. What do you want, a cookie?"

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#694 Post by drpete »

Climent shrugs. "No. I guess I don't get a cookie. Don't worry, I know. But ok, here goes with some more... Termax used some dark magic, especially as he was losing control of the Empire. Beastman armies were part of it, but he dug deep. Into Eld magic, chaos magic, undead, demons... all of these things. He was mad, but he was the greatest mage who ever lived. So ... yeah, I am not as powerful as he was. Sorry. But hey, let's try our luck with the demon...I'll bE back here with Galen."

bobloblah
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#695 Post by bobloblah »

drpete wrote:Climent shrugs. "No. I guess I don't get a cookie. Don't worry, I know. But ok, here goes with some more... Termax used some dark magic, especially as he was losing control of the Empire. Beastman armies were part of it, but he dug deep. Into Eld magic, chaos magic, undead, demons... all of these things. He was mad, but he was the greatest mage who ever lived. So ... yeah, I am not as powerful as he was. Sorry. But hey, let's try our luck with the demon...I'll bE back here with Galen."
"Actually, boy..." Galen says, glancing at Climent with disdain, "I was planning on being at the front..."

Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#696 Post by Dogma »

"That is fine by me, Brother Galen."replies Ranulf,"you can go ahead and be up front. But don't worry...I'll be right behind you. Though come to think of it, maybe I'll get behind Solaine. Be a much nice view." (cue signature wolfish grin)

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#697 Post by Stirling »

Quinn Coburg

Quinn sees the wraith thing dissipate. He checks the sword he drew, giving it a few swishes, does it feel any different or can Quinn tell if it helped make his aim truer and damage stronger?

"I like the idea the demon-beyond-the door is just a fanciful illusion. It doesn't seem to have breached the door. Unless bound to that room alone by divine wards as Bro Galen suggests. I am happy to give him the time he needs to get Tyche favour."

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#698 Post by drpete »

The sword definitely allowed Quinn to hit the thing where no one else could. It also clearly swung more easily and cut the thing more deeply than any sword Quinn has used before.

Technically, Quinn has observed a +1 bonus that allowed him to (barely) hit the thing. Some +1 swords have other features. If this one does, the feature has not shown itself, yet.

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#699 Post by drpete »

Date: Euryale 9, 5:20 pm (Turn 50)
Season: Mid Fall
Moon phase: First Quarter
Light Sources: Randolpho (Lantern, 1 hrs, 10 minutes remaining), Galen (Lantern, 0 hrs, 10 minutes remaining), Climent (Lantern, 0 hrs, 10 minutes remaining)
Time since rest: 0 minutes (0 turns)
Active turns past 8 hours: 4 (treat contemplation time as light activity)

Galen settles down and contemplates the mysteries of faith. The group relaxes, maintaining a light guard and otherwise resting and talking. There's a hope in the air that this flaming guardian isn't real, but people are tired and testy, so it's not a completely civil argument. People are getting on each others nerves, a bit.

The group is not interrupted during this time, except for occasional bouts of skritching on the door by the beetles.

How do you line up for the assault? Assume there's room for one rank on the floor in front of the door, 2 ranks *on* the table, and one behind the table. Where people are will determine whether they are under Tyche's protection, which will spread to people close enough to Galen.

Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#700 Post by Zorroroaster »

Torgyr will be up on the table, ready to fire his crossbow at the demon once the door opens.

Return to “Dwimmermount (ACKS)”