Second Expedition

Raven Crowking
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: Second Expedition

#221 Post by Raven Crowking »

Milner looks confused, and asks if he'd like the awl or the pitchfork.

jferngler
Tracker
Tracker

#222 Post by jferngler »

"Your mate, Silva, had two swords, long and short. Can I borrow one?" Herman asks.

Raven Crowking
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#223 Post by Raven Crowking »

"Yes, of course! I was lost in grief."

caveman
Guide
Guide

#224 Post by caveman »

Actually, i think i gave that shortsword to another companion on this expedition, but im sure its kicking around.
Knave: Cedric the Defrauded Outlaw
Level 1 HP 8 Armor Defense 12
Str 11 Dex 11 Con 13 Int 13 Wis 14 Cha 12
(sinewy broken-faced but rosy cheeked, oily pompador, frayed tunic, courteous manner, but irascible tendencies, and squeaky voiced)
https://docs.google.com/document/d/13hM ... sp=sharing

Raven Crowking
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#225 Post by Raven Crowking »

caveman wrote:Actually, i think i gave that shortsword to another companion on this expedition, but im sure its kicking around.
That would explain why it isn't listed on Milner's equipment, above.

jferngler
Tracker
Tracker

#226 Post by jferngler »

Herman shrugs, and hefts a stone. "Let's get out of here," he says. The party heads back and out the north corridor towards the gargoyle room.

Raven Crowking
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#227 Post by Raven Crowking »

Okay, then. You head south past the glaring statues, then take the right-hand turn past the curtained alcoves. At the turn, forward, you can see a pit, and then Avery hears celestial trumpets warning him of a covered pit just beyond. Ten feet past that, you can see that the hall ends in another chamber opening to the right.

You now face a four-way intersection. To the right, the corridor ends in a door after 20 feet. To the left, the corridor continues as far as you can see, but there is a door about 20 feet down on the western wall. Ahead, the passage goes 30 feet before opening out into some larger area. There are a number of charred corpses and skeletal bones scattered throughout the intersection.

Raven Crowking
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#228 Post by Raven Crowking »

Please note: After today at about 4 pm Toronto time, I will be away until Tuesday morning.

Raven Crowking
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#229 Post by Raven Crowking »

I am now back. You are still at the four-way intersection.

jferngler
Tracker
Tracker

#230 Post by jferngler »

The group heads back to the gargoyle room, carefully looking out for trouble. Once in the gargoyle room, they will head back down the corridor they entered originally from, in the direction of the triggered pit trap.

Raven Crowking
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#231 Post by Raven Crowking »

jferngler wrote:The group heads back to the gargoyle room, carefully looking out for trouble. Once in the gargoyle room, they will head back down the corridor they entered originally from, in the direction of the triggered pit trap.
Cool. Which way do you head to get to the gargoyle room?

jferngler
Tracker
Tracker

#232 Post by jferngler »

North? North.

Raven Crowking
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#233 Post by Raven Crowking »

You head north, and indeed discover the Gargoyle Room. As there is only one corridor leading out of it (without a door), you can easily follow that to the area you have on your map. Nothing untoward occurs, so you reach the room you entered through. There is no sign of a rope.

jferngler
Tracker
Tracker

#234 Post by jferngler »

This is back at the original room? If so, Silva had a rope and grapple. Gonna have to chuck that thing up there till it sticks to get us out.

Raven Crowking
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#235 Post by Raven Crowking »

The hole in the ceiling is 35 feet up, but with a couple of casts you get the grapple up there, and it holds weight. Who goes first?

jferngler
Tracker
Tracker

#236 Post by jferngler »

The only member of my personal subparty without a penalty to strength is Toothy Herman, so he'll go first. He has that short sword clutched in his teeth.

Raven Crowking
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#237 Post by Raven Crowking »

Toothy Herman gets about 20 feet up the rope when a head pops over the edge. "Ah, me hearts and me boyos," says a voice. "So glad I am to see you again! I seem to recall a promise of coin for our small bits of lore, from your Lord of the Scorpion Shield. Yet, though my lips moved, not a bent copper came forth. Surely this is as good a place and time to negotiate that further, me fine boyo lad. So, stop where you be on this rope...Or shall I kick the iron down to your friends, and you with it?"

jferngler
Tracker
Tracker

#238 Post by jferngler »

"Not going to be able to do much bargaining here from the rope, sirrah. Either let me up, or let me down. Talking takes too much of the strength I need to hold this rope. I'm but an old man. Come, let us treat with one another, as the friends we professed to be ere last we met," Toothy Herman ekes out breathlessly as he clings to the swaying rope.

Raven Crowking
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#239 Post by Raven Crowking »

"Then up you come, old man, and negotiate from here. You may be the voice of the boyos below. One other, your man of peace, who spoke fair words to us on our last meeting, may come as well, for well I ken he be a man of honour."

jferngler
Tracker
Tracker

#240 Post by jferngler »

Both Herman and Avery ascend.

Return to “DCC RPG Barrowmaze”