Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Interlude 4: Reunions!

#1 Post by drpete »

Date: Eurale 9, 11:20 am
Season: Mid Fall
Weather: Cold and Clear
Moon phase: First Quarter

The group heads down the mountain, past the giant ape-man, all the while trying to figure out what to do with the kobold. There is some celebrating going on at the camp. It seems that some friends have shown up while you were poking your heads into the dungeon without them.
GM: Dwimmermount (ACKS)

Zim: 7/7 | Torgyr: 14/14 | U Tar: 3/3 | Nazares: 6/6| Emm: 9/9 |Quinn: 13/13
Ranulf: 10/10 | Solaine: 12/12 | Liam: 4/4 | X | Randolpho: 10/10 | Audi: 8/8

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Interlude 4: Reunions!

#2 Post by Stirling »

Quinn Coburg

Quinn will bring up the rear of the group and wait to be introduced to the newcomers. If a celebration bar-b-q is going on he'll cut a few slices of hog roast or whatever, take an ale ( surely a cask is about?), and go sit on a log by the fire chatting to sword maidens Emm and Audi.

kalstone
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#3 Post by kalstone »

Solaine goes down to the camp to see what all the hubbub is about.

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by thirdkingdom »

Plud the Panivorous

Plud is ready to go to Muntburg. "Let us take the treasure we have found and see what we can sell. We shall return as soon as everyone is healed."

Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#5 Post by Dogma »

A shirtless Ranulf emerges from one of the tents as the group returns to the camp. The sellsword's face sports a black eye, split lip, and a cut across his brow and several large bruises cover his upper body.

"Solaine!" he exclaimes happily as he rushes to gather the blade dancer in a bearhug. "Good to see you alive and well!" He holds her out at arms length,"Aye, definitely looking like your old self. Maybe you can show me your scar later, eh?" he finishes with a wolfish grin.

He then turns to Emm and Audi and gathers them up next in a great hug "Now don't be jealous....you know you're my other two favorites girls! I hope you haven't been behaving while I"ve been away?"

In turn he clasps hands and exchanges hail greetings with Torgyr and Randolpho and even gives a friendly though less enthusiastic nod to Climent.

Spotting the three newcomers he turns a stern eye on them before breaking into a wide grin. "Well met! Any friends of theirs are friends of mine. Name's Ranulf, though I'm sure you already know that from my friends here telling you all about me."

Suddenly breaking off he looks about the group. "Where's Galen and Steel?"he asks with concern, "Are they about?"

Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by Zorroroaster »

laughing pretty hard over here, bro. Welcome back!
()==[:::::::::::::>
[]-Orrin Lighthammer, Dwarven Gymnast-[] The Arch-Duchy of Vaul: A West Marches Labyrinth Lord Sandbox
[]-Arnulf The Banal, Manchild SuperMage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)
[]-Nai Tnam, Dwarven Cleric-[] Lair of the Black Druid - OSRIC
[]-Bronn Arnulfsen, Half-Orc Fighter-[] Valnwall, The Barrowmaze (LL)
[]-<[RIP]>Eduard d'Arnise, Elven Fighter/Mage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)

kalstone
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#7 Post by kalstone »

Solaine shoves Ranulf away. "Quit squeezing me you dumb oaf. I'm injured. Although, it's good to see you. ... Just because we need muscle up front, no other reason." she sheepishly adds.
laughing pretty hard over here, bro. Welcome back!
Same here :lol:

barkman
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#8 Post by barkman »

"Ranulf! We thought you was turned into a toad! A horny toad!" It's good to have your strong right arm back! "

Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#9 Post by Dogma »

"Turned into a horny toad? It's not like I was tricked into loving any sirens now, Randolpho. And though I bet if would be a night to remember, I need to be careful ...I think Solaine is getting sweet on me...wanting my muscle up front and all."

Is that a "Oh, Brother Where Art Thou" reference?

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by sulldawga »

Zim says, Nice to meet you. Glad to have another sword for our next delve. I'm Zim of Anesidora.

Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by Zorroroaster »

Torgyr grabs Ranulf in a bear hug and then looks him over closely.

"You look well used, friend. You look like life has been giving you a run for your money. Glad to see you home where you belong."

He thumbs towards the mountains.

"This place is still kicking our asses, but we brought back something that might help us."

He indicates the captive kobold.
[]-Orrin Lighthammer, Dwarven Gymnast-[] The Arch-Duchy of Vaul: A West Marches Labyrinth Lord Sandbox
[]-Arnulf The Banal, Manchild SuperMage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)
[]-<[RIP]>Eduard d'Arnise, Elven Fighter/Mage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)

Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#12 Post by Dogma »

"Just a little misunderstanding with the sheriff in Adamas. Honestly, how was I supposed to know that was his sister? Me and some of his boys had a bit of a tussle and I got spent a few nights as his guest. None the worse for wear though and I gave as good as I got. Sheriff ended up letting me go rather than risk embarrassing the family name. Guess he has higher political ambitions. Though I may want to stay away from Adamas for a bit."

"So what's the plan for the little guy there? How'd you get him to follow you out?"

bobloblah
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#13 Post by bobloblah »

"And it seems Fate has timed my return well!" Brother Galen calls from the path. He stands, leaning on his staff, puffing slightly from the walk from Muntburg, "I don't suppose Climent has survived?"

Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by Zorroroaster »

"Never thought I'd be glad to see your ugly mug again, priest. S'pose I am, though. Where in the nine Hells have you been?"

Torgyr claps him on the shoulder and pivots the man, sending him hurtling towards Solaine with a hearty laugh.

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#15 Post by Stirling »

Quinn Coburg

Quinn will nod courteously at Brother Galen and toss a few slices of meat and bone to the dog Ajax if it followed him up the path, ruffling his ears. you seem a brave little fleabag"he says looking at the scars."ready to sniff out more treasure for us hey?"

If it is becoming late evening and guys want the party to split ways in the morning, Quinn will gather folk around the communal fire and share a few 'Prairie Tales' around, just to enhance the camaraderie. (particularly one about a giant ape named Kong who took a shine to some doe eyed damsel and ran off with her in the night) ;)

Quinn also remembers when first meeting Climent, that he spoke of the kobolds attacking 'the Delvers' party with fire, the implication being magic fire. Perhaps our 'charmed fiend' could confide in him and confess a bit more...? "Its' good to know what we are up against"

Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#16 Post by Dogma »

Ranulf happily greets Galen with a hearty clap on the back that continues to propel him towards Solaine and Randolpho. "Definitely well met and good timeing Brother Galen. Seems our lovely Solaine and brave Randolpho haven't learned to avoid being stuck by sharp things yet. And the newcomer Plud looks to be in need of aid also."

Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#17 Post by Zorroroaster »

Torgyr goes about setting up a place for the kobold to sleep, reasonably separate from the other party members. He watches the kobold with detached interest, wondering how he could have felt a kinship with it, the differences obvious to him now. Even through the glamour placed on it, he can see a scheming cast to its eyes. He will keep a close eye on it while in camp.

He looks as those leaving for Muntberg make their preparations.

"Bring me back some of that peppered jerky that the innkeeper keeps behind the counter And if you find any military oil in town, I'm good for it. Bring me all they've got. It's proven useful."

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by sulldawga »

Zim greets Galen, Pleasure to meet another man of faith.

He confesses that, if those who are injured are the ones headed back to town, he is content to stay at the base camp for now, kobold or no.

bobloblah
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#19 Post by bobloblah »

Brother Galen looks Solaine over, tut-tutting as he inspects her wounds

"I see you are once again in need of good-fortune's blessing, my girl," he says, placing his open palms above the worst of her injuries and mumbling a prayer to Tyche. As he finishes, he gives her a warm smile, before lowering his voice in a mock-conspiratorial tone, "I'm also quite pleased to see you recovered from your previous misfortune..." tapping the spot where the scarab tore her flesh.

Galen casts Cure Light Wounds on Solaine: [1d6+1] = 5+1 = 6

He then moves to examine the rest of the group's injuries, binding and treating as necessary to avoid infection and speed healing, reminding each how the Lady of Fate has smiled upon them in allowing for their survival.

Galen takes the three who appear most injured under his care with Healing so they can regain an extra 1d3 hp over the next day.

As he finishes admonishing the party members for their injuries, Galen stands, then stretches with his hands planted on his lower back, "Now, allow me to consider the strands of Fate that might lead us to understand whether any items you have found are enchanted..."

Brother Galen will take the items they want examined and retire to a tent to use Contemplation. Once complete, he will cast Detect Magic to examine the items in question.

kalstone
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#20 Post by kalstone »

Solaine, feeling much better, thanks Galen. Looking sheepish, she adds, "It seems like patching me up is becoming a full time job for you."

Return to “Dwimmermount (ACKS)”