Action Thread 2

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Action Thread 2

#261 Post by rredmond »

Warrior cleric in the van attacks again!

Cant copy and paste the roll from roller, but doesn't matter, to hit was a 4. Sigh
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#262 Post by Computer +1 »

I am sorry to ask but I am a visual person. Could you put up a sketch showing the action and location. I am not sure where Yarl is and where anyone else is in relation.

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#263 Post by ToniXX »

Computer +1 wrote:I am sorry to ask but I am a visual person. Could you put up a sketch showing the action and location. I am not sure where Yarl is and where anyone else is in relation.
Here's a map that I am NOT proud of, but it gives you an idea of what's going on:

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=477&p=15934#p15934
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#264 Post by Argennian »

As soon as he hears his companions charging into melee, Brok gently tosses his short bow, draws his longsword and charges down the hill to attack whichever orc was the one he parleyed with, if he's able to deduce that. "Snuff that torch!" he calls out as he charges in to engage what he hopes is their leader:

To Hit: Charging with longsword or dagger [1d20+2] = 20+2 = 22 (+2 from charge)

Longsword damage vs small/medium creatures [1d8] = 8

OOC: Holy freakin <expletive deleted>!! Nat 20 for max damage!! :P (probably never see this again, though)
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

Xaxyx
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#265 Post by Xaxyx »

Initiative: [1d6+3] = 6+3 = 9

Gently setting his bow aside, Veneficus springs forth from his perch, keeping pace with Brok. In mid-stride, he grasps the scabbard of his long sword with his left hand, holding it steady as he draws forth the blade with his right. Unslinging the shield from his back, he charges into the melee, seeking an orc to strike.

Veneficus will prioritize melee targets who are wounded (such as ones having arrows sticking out of them), followed by whichever figure he believes to be important-seeming, such as a spellcaster or the leader.

Charge attack: [1d20+5] = 18+5 = 23 to-hit, [1d8+3] = 3+3 = 6 damage

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#266 Post by Computer +1 »

Yarl breaks from his hiding spot moving as quietly as he can to the trail behind the action. He will then move up the trail looking for targets to engage.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#268 Post by ravenn4544 »

Kurn will position himself, remain hidden, and attempt a backstab at the closest foe:

To hit: [1d20-1] = 18-1 = 17, 21 THACO

Broadsword(normal hit): [2d4] = 6, or

Double Damage(backstab): 12

(Update: Forgot to add the +4 to hit for a back stab attempt - would be hitting AC 0 if successful!)

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#269 Post by ToniXX »

I thought there was one or two that hadn't replied yet, but I see everyone has. I'll resolve this round sometime today.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#270 Post by Alethan »

rredmond wrote:Cant copy and paste the roll from roller, but doesn't matter, to hit was a 4. Sigh
Ron, what are you using when you're mobile?

I found that I CAN copy from the dice roller on my iPad. Just press and hold on that section you want to copy. An expandable box will highlight that whole frame and offer the Copy option. I go ahead and do that and then move back to my post. Press and hold there and get the Paste option. I have to backspace to remove the "PbP Forum Code:" text from before the code, but it works just fine.

I suspect if you're using any type of smart device it will work the same for you.

(But then again, I use an old cell phone you have to flip open that doesn't allow text messaging or internet browsing, so... what do I know?)
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#271 Post by rredmond »

It's the company iPhone... but sometimes it gets real cranky when I'm internetting.. it'll kick me out of posts and everything. Most times it works like a charm though. I'll try again next time.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#272 Post by ToniXX »

Day 4 (8 Delian) - An hour or so past midnight
Round 2

Before anyone can move, a torch goes flying over the heads of the soldiers, and lands between them and where Brok and Venificius are. The dry grass begins to catch fire, but is still small at this point. This sheds some more light on the group that you are attacking (as well as upon you). You see that there are six enemies still standing. A soldier in the center of the group pulls a horn from his robes. He puts it to his mouth and blows three quick bursts.

The party wins initiative:
  • Francisco charges into the darkness. He engages a soldier, but misses terribly.
  • Kurn has moved south towards the other friendlies, and is swinging around the back of the group of soldiers.
  • Nunyet attacks but misses.
  • Brok charges with his longsword, and hits what he thinks is a human soldier, doing heavy damage to him, but he still stands.
  • Veneficus charges into melee as well, hitting one of the soldiers he hit earlier with an arrow. The slash with his longsword fells his opponent in one swift motion.
  • Yarl continues to move towards the soldiers, and due to the torch he can see them better. He will be able to melee attack one on the next round.
  • Unfortunately, Kurn is not yet in position. He too can backstab next round, but not this. Sorry!
  • The soldier that Brok hit swings back, but due to his newly inflicted wounds, is unable to connect
  • The soldier that Francisco attempted to hit strikes back, meeting his mark and doing 6 points of damage.
  • The opponent that Nunyet attacked retaliates, but misses wildly.
  • A soldier next to the one that Veneficus swung at attacks the elf, also missing wildly
  • Another soldier near Veneficus takes a swing at him as well, the sword hitting but glancing off the elf’s armor.
During all of this, you hear the same voice that called out to Brok say something in a foreign tongue.

End of round two. Please roll initiative and state actions. Krun and Yarl will be in a position to attack this round.

Hit points updated below. Francisco is the only one that took damage this round.

HPs - Francisco:15/21, Cis:24/24, Nunyet:25/25, Kurn:9/9, Brok:15/16, Yarl:25/30, Veneficus:12/12

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#273 Post by ravenn4544 »

Kurn will position himself, remain hidden, and attempt a backstab at the closest foe:

To hit: [1d20-1] = 18-1 = 17, 21 THACO

Broadsword(normal hit): [2d4] = 6, or

Double Damage(backstab): 12

OOC: Okay to continue to use previous post attack rolls for the back stab attempt next round or should I reroll? ** EDIT ** yes.. I duplicated your previous roll above just so I don't forget.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#274 Post by Alethan »

Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#275 Post by Nuke66 »

Cis gets on the trail and moves toward the fighting. Knowing full well what the horn means, he hurries along.

Xaxyx
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#276 Post by Xaxyx »

Maneuvering himself to be fighting alongside Brok, Veneficus will continue to fend off blows from the figures attacking him, but will direct his own slashes at the soldier that Brok wounded. If that figure should fall, Veneficus will then refocus his attacks on the soldiers who are engaged with him, attempting to finish one before turning to the next.

Attack with longsword: [1d20+3] = 1+3 = 4 to-hit, [1d8+3] = 8+3 = 11 damage

Attack with longsword: [1d20+3] = 4+3 = 7 to-hit, [1d8+3] = 2+3 = 5 damage

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#277 Post by rredmond »

Continuing his attack on the opponent he faces, time to meet your Horizon! Nunyet says, attempting to regain his skill with the war hammer:

Heavy war hammer damage: [1d6+1] = 4+1 = 5, to hit: [1d20+1] = 17+1 = 18

bashing skulls and taking names, come join the travelling clerics of Fharlanghn!

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#278 Post by Argennian »

Not having taken the time to pull his shield, Brok draws his specially-prepared dagger and prepares to fight two-handed. When he sees the torch land and catch in the dry brush and then hears the horn sounded thrice, he cringes internally. So much for easy and quiet he can't help thinking to himself as he positions for another attack.

ToniXX wrote:... During all of this, you hear the same voice that called out to Brok say something in a foreign tongue...

When Brok spots this particular individual, he immediately moves towards him and concentrates both of his attacks on who he suspects is their leader:

Primary attack:
To Hit: Fighting two-handed: (primary hand) Longsword [1d20] = 19 (hits AC1)

Longsword damage vs small/medium creatures [1d8] = 5

Off-hand attack:
To Hit: Fighting two-handed: (off-hand) dagger [1d20-2] = 14-2 = 12 (hits AC 8)

Dagger damage vs small/medium creatures [1d4] = 4 (just in case)

OOC: adjustments made to normal To Hit penalties for having 17 Dex
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#279 Post by Computer +1 »

Yarl bursts into a attack trying to get to the figure who sounded the horn.
He screams out in Orcish
Die you ugly pigs!!

Attack with short sword:
Swing #1
[1d20] = 12 To hit 12 + 2= 14
[1d6+4] = 6+4 = 10 Dmg 6 + 4 = 10

Swing #2
[1d20] = 5 To hit 5 + 2=7
damage- not worth rolling I think...

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#280 Post by ToniXX »

Day 4 (8 Delian) - An hour or so past midnight
Round 3

The enemy wins initiative.
  • The same soldier that his Francosco the first time attacks again and misses
  • The soldier that attacked Brok last round tries again and misses
  • Nunyet’s opponent attacks again and misses, yet again
  • A soldier attacks Brok, missing. This is the one that blew the horn and called out last round.
  • The same soldier that attacked Veneficus attacks him again and hits, doing 3 points of damage
The party attacks back:
  • Francisco’s attack hits and kills his opponent
  • Kurn successfully attacks from behind, hitting a stinky orc and killing it in one slice
  • Cis continues to move into position behind the enemy.
  • Both of Veneficus’ attacks miss
  • Nunyet’s original opponent crumpled before him from Kurn’s attack. Adjusting his attack, he brings his hammer down at hits his opponent and hits.
  • Brok, focusing his attack on the one who called out, hits with his long sword, but then misses with his off-hand dagger attack.
  • Yarl attacks and hits his opponent with his first swing, killing his opponent, but misses with the second.
Two are left standing: One soldier and the supposed leader who blew the horn. Nunyet is on the soldier, and Brok and Veneficus are on the leader. They stand their ground. You can now distinctly see insignias on their uniforms that must be associated with the Order of the Red Blade. The fire is still burning the dry grass, but it is dying down quickly. You can still see your opponents by the light of the fire.

End of round 3. Please roll initiative and state actions. Everyone is in position to attack, just state your target.

Hit points updated below. Veneficus is the only one that took damage this round.

HPs - Francisco:15/21, Cis:24/24, Nunyet:25/25, Kurn:9/9, Brok:15/16, Yarl:25/30, Veneficus:9/12

Return to “Incursion into Newiron - OSRIC”