Action Thread 2

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Action Thread 2

#81 Post by tkrexx »

Slings and stones seem the prudent choice, if we're to conserve our arrows..."
You are correct, of course, Elfmaid, but I want to see what it takes to kill one of these things.
Son of Thunder fires off 2 more arrows at the same target.
[1d20] = 9 +2 dex = 11,
[1d6] = 4
[1d20] = 13 +2 dex = 15
[1d6] = 1

2 arrows marked off.

Solinor
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#82 Post by Solinor »

By the description given me by Ron.

Wulfgard says Those with shields rush forward and use the shields to pin the pods to the ceiling. While those with blades strike at the pinned pods.

Wulfgard moves to the lead with his shield before him, looking to see if the others will follow his lead.
Last edited by Solinor on Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#83 Post by Alethan »

OOC: How high is the ceiling in this room?
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#84 Post by Argennian »

Solinor wrote:By the description given me by Ron.

Wulfgard says Those with shields rush forward and use the shields to pin the pods to the ceiling. While those with blades strike at the pinned pods.

Wulfgard moves to the lead with his shield before him, looking to see if the others will follow his lead.
Zafalia will put away her sling and ready her spear and shield. She nods to Wulfgard and looks to see if the others are ready to follow. "Once we move up to engage them, we would do well to have one of our number move past and keep a vigilant eye down that hallway beyond the flora sentries, just in case our ranged probing has alerted anyone. Or anything..."

The druidess prepares to move forward in following the cleric's proffered plan. She will keep her lantern in her shield hand and will set it down when she needs to fight off any attacks.

Alethan wrote:OOC: How high is the ceiling in this room?
OOC: good question, Al!
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#85 Post by Vargr1105 »

Rake whispers again to Odo in the Thieves' Cant. "Look, they appear to be readying for a new attempt at crossing. Will they succeed this time? What do you say Odo, fancy a wager? 1 gold crown down as the fail."

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#86 Post by Distorted Humor »

Vargr1105 wrote:Rake whispers again to Odo in the Thieves' Cant. "Look, they appear to be readying for a new attempt at crossing. Will they succeed this time? What do you say Odo, fancy a wager? 1 gold crown down as the fail."
Odo smiles his crooked smile "A crown that they pass this time, yes indeed, That something I can wager on."

Then Odo really grins "When we get back I will make sure that I spend that Gold I won off you on that Wrench you like, whats her name again? Besse?" Odo continues. "Looks like they are going to do a shield charge." Odo takes out a apple and quitely eats it watching the loud big people go to work.

KesselZero
Runner
Runner

#87 Post by KesselZero »

Korgul stands and gets his shield off his back. Awright, I'm comin', I'm comin'. He trundles up next to Wulfgard, shield held above his head to ward off any sudden attacks by the plant-things, axe ready in the other hand.

I doubt my dwarf can reach the ceiling or the plant-things, so I'll move forward with Wulfgard and Zafalia, ready to strike if the things attack us as we pass under them, but otherwise move cautiously past them to look farther down the tunnel and make sure nothing comes up on us while the rest of the party is dealing with the plants.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#88 Post by tkrexx »

It's worth a try, Son of Thunder sighs. I don't relish the thought of using all my arrows so soon, and on plants. He shoulders his bow and hefts his shield.

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#89 Post by Vargr1105 »

Distorted Humor wrote:Odo smiles his crooked smile "A crown that they pass this time, yes indeed, That something I can wager on."

Then Odo really grins "When we get back I will make sure that I spend that Gold I won off you on that Wrench you like, whats her name again? Besse?" Odo continues. "Looks like they are going to do a shield charge." Odo takes out a apple and quitely eats it watching the loud big people go to work.

Rake smiles and continues without ceasing to observe the party messing with the plants. "Besse is an entrepreneurial gal. She would gladly take your gold in a second. Thing being what they are I'd say she would be robbing you blind, you should demand a "half-rate" for her services."

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#90 Post by rredmond »

Day 1 – 9:59a

While missing with his first arrow, Son of Thunder's second arrow flies true. Hitting the plant, causing some ichor to drop, but he sees that it only but scraped it. Both arrows go clattering down the hall...

I'll wait for the next actions, I know I've been away a bit, and I answered some questions in the OOC thread that should help everyone make a decision.

HPs: Malak - 15/15; Varkos - 22/22; Ilhalevar - 8/8; Al'Zur- 7/7; SoT - 25/25; Wulfgard - 12/12; Zafalia - 11/11; Korgul - 24/24
WIH: Malak: short sword; Varkos: long sword; Ilhalevar: quarterstaff; Al'Zur: long sword; SoT: Spear, shield; Wulfgard: staff; Zafalia: spear, shield; Korgul: battle axe, shield
MO (10’): 1- Malak; 2- Korgul and SoT; 3- Varkos; 4- Ilhalevar and Al'Zur; 5- Zafalia and Wulfgard
Consumables: Lantern - 4 hours left (off), 30' radius; Torch, 51 minutes (Malak), 40' radius; Torch, 53 minutes (Zafalia), 40’ radius.
--------Spells: Ilhalevar: 1-2/2; Al'Zur: 1-1/1; Wulfgard: 1-4/4, 2-2/2; Zafalia: 1-4/4, 2-3/3
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#91 Post by Distorted Humor »

Vargr1105 wrote:
Distorted Humor wrote:Odo smiles his crooked smile "A crown that they pass this time, yes indeed, That something I can wager on."

Rake smiles and continues without ceasing to observe the party messing with the plants. "Besse is an entrepreneurial gal. She would gladly take your gold in a second. Thing being what they are I'd say she would be robbing you blind, you should demand a "half-rate" for her services."
"Might be half-rate, but time is money you know, and we little folk are famous for taking our time and enjoying things." Odo smiles wolfishly.

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#92 Post by saalaria »

OOC - Is anyone in danger if Varkos try 2 more arrows...particularly taking account my poor rolls?

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#93 Post by rredmond »

saalaria wrote:OOC - Is anyone in danger if Varkos try 2 more arrows...particularly taking account my poor rolls?
You are all about 14-15 back (north) of these things, so no one you know of would be in danger. ;)
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#94 Post by Alethan »

Depends on how badly you miss, too... ;)
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#95 Post by saalaria »

Very true Ath - knowing me...very badly

Varkos shoots two quick arrows, hoping his old skill will naturally come back to him:

To Hit [1d20] = 9

To Hit [1d20] = 6

Okay - lets leave it..melee anyone?

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#96 Post by dmw71 »

saalaria wrote:Okay - lets leave it..melee anyone?
ooc: :lol:

"Okay, that's enough of that." Malak thinks to himself before turning to Varkos: "Save your arrows, friend."

"Here, let me try."

Malak, with his torch held high above his head, cautiously approaches the opening. "I don't know a plant that likes fire." he says as he makes his way, ready to use his torch as a weapon in the event a plant drops down on him.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#97 Post by Distorted Humor »

Odo watches as a arrow or two lands at his feet.

"At this rate, we could go back in town and buy a round of drinks from all the spare ammo that falling our way."

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#98 Post by Nuke66 »

Al'Zur watches with amusement, more convinced than ever this could get ugly, and fast.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#99 Post by Argennian »

dmw71 wrote:... Malak, with his torch held high above his head, cautiously approaches the opening. "I don't know a plant that likes fire." he says as he makes his way, ready to use his torch as a weapon in the event a plant drops down on him.
Zafalia sets down her lantern and with shield and spear will move up to back up Malak.
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#100 Post by saalaria »

Varkos shoulders his bow and with a grace that seems out of place with his bulk, fluidly draws his sword and too moves up with Malak.

Return to “Pod-Caverns Of The Sinister Shroom”