Action Thread 3

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: Action Thread 3

#82 Post by dmw71 »

Nuke66 wrote:OOC: Here, waiting for other to post IC before I loot-whore the shield
[ooc: Take it. It would naturally go to a fighter that could use it so it would be between Eljayess, Ogre and Kayen. You or Ogre would be the most likely candidates as Kayen is multi-classed magic user (and has been absent from the game since March 30, 2012) and, while this might be too much meta-gaming, Ogre already has the better armor class between the two of you. Claim it, and the next fighter-item can go to Ogre.]
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#83 Post by Alethan »

FYI Llama logged in last on May 30th.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#84 Post by dmw71 »

Alethan wrote:FYI Llama logged in last on May 30th.
D'oh! That's what I meant. Mixed up my "M" months. Too much sun today, I guess. :oops:
-- Project --
-- DM --

acererak
Tracker
Tracker

#85 Post by acererak »

Ogre waits for the others to climb the wall in order to provide some defense against any kind of attack. He will climb up last after the others are over.

OOC I am cool with the plans regarding the shield

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#86 Post by dmw71 »

acererak wrote:Ogre waits for the others to climb the wall in order to provide some defense against any kind of attack. He will climb up last after the others are over.
A part of Elwita is thankful she's not last over the wall this time. "It'll be nice to get a boost," she thinks to herself. "Ogre, friend, we should have had you anchor the group last time as well."

Once the whole group is back over the wall (ooc: assuming there are no complications), after paying respects to Karraway, we will re-enter the temple through the hole Elwita created and into room 2 (map). "I hate the idea," she says "but let's continue in the temple. Maybe we'll get lucky and whatever those things are that Karraway cast off won't still be at the top of the stairs."

acererak wrote:OOC I am cool with the plans regarding the shield
ooc: Cool. Next fighter-specific item can be yours.
-- Project --
-- DM --

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#87 Post by ToniXX »

dmw71 wrote:after paying respects to Karraway
Blodgett stops before his now stoned friend (sorry, couldn't resist), and pauses for a moment, thinking of the good times they had together.
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#88 Post by Alethan »

Freda pauses at the statue of her friend, rests a hand on his shoulder and shakes her head, asking, "Why'd you have to look, Karraway?

She frowns and continues walking, missing her friend already.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#89 Post by tkrexx »

Phanstern hopes no one remembers he has the mirror...

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#91 Post by rredmond »

Day 1– In the complex - 3:21am

No sound or sight of anyone on the roof, or in the courtyard appears. The shield is black, with no device, coat of arms, or anything on it. It feels real comfortable on Eljayess’s arm. The gloves fit as if they were made for Freda. Molding to her hands and looking durn purty.

Blodgett scans the basilisk area, deeming it safe, leads the folks over the wall. It’s all quiet, all good. You hear conversations up above, but none coming close. You are now in room #2 on the map. The door is still, safely, closed.

Phanstern's lantern fizzles a bit, as he sees the light dim, it is running out of oil.

Map from here: viewtopic.php?p=10643#p10643 is still good for now. Let me know where to next.

HPs: Elwita - 33/50; Ogre - 17/45; Delgath - 25/25; Karraway - 31/42; Blodgett - 16/20 ; Freda - 39/40; Phanstern - 25/25; Eljayess - 16/25; Kayen - 25/25
WIH: Elwita: war hammer, shield; Ogre: Long sword (20' radius light), shield; Delgath: Staff; Karraway: mace, shield; Blodgett: short sword; Freda: long sword, shield; Phanstern: dagger, lantern; Eljayess: Spear, shield; Kayen: long sword, shield
MO: Blodgett, Elwita, Freda, Ogre, Eljayess, Phanstern, Delgath, Kayen, Karraway
Consumables: Bullseye Lantern (Phanstern) - (0 minutes left) 80' radius, 10' wide beam; Torch (none lit, 60 minutes), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Delgath 1-4/4, 2-2/2, 3-1/1: Karraway: 1-5/5, 2-5/5, 3-2/2: Phanstern: 1-4/4, 2-2/2, 3-1/1; Eljayess: 1-3/4, 2-3/3; Kayen: 1-3/3, 2-2/2
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#92 Post by tkrexx »

Once over the wall, Phanstern will re-fuel the lantern.

1 flask oil marked off.

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#93 Post by Nuke66 »

Eljayess slips her old shield over her backpack, not really wanting to leave it behind.

"Thanks guys, this feels really good to me."

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#94 Post by dmw71 »

rredmond wrote:Let me know where to next.
"I don't see that we have much choice but to try those stairs again," Elwita states. "Let's backtrack, carefully and quietly, through the room where we originally met those blasted beasts that made most of us sick. I fear we're going to need to take the stairs beyond... and hope these cursed creatures have relocated."
-- Project --
-- DM --

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#95 Post by Alethan »

Freda nods her head in agreement and, for the umpteenth time, flexes her hands in her new pair of gloves, excited to confirm her suspicions, after noticing the ease in which she climbed the rope and wall just a few minutes prior...

She pulls out her bow and nocks one of her +2 arrows, ready to launch it into one of those undead...

"We might want to get some vials of oil and a torch ready, too. Should have burned those things out the first time," she mumbles. And, as an afterthought, she adds, "Eljay, you're our only cleric now. Hope you're in a favorable light with your god..."

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#96 Post by dmw71 »

Alethan wrote:"We might want to get some vials of oil and a torch ready, too. Should have burned those things out the first time,"
Elwita nods in silent agreement. "I have none of those items myself, but those that do, have them ready."

"This --" Elwita raises her trusty hammer in front of her "-- I do have, though." she says with a sneer.

"Let's move."
-- Project --
-- DM --

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#97 Post by rredmond »

Day 1– In the complex - 3:31am

Using the marching order below.

You get around quickly. It's real quiet you stop about 15 feet from the end of the hall, 10 feet from the bend in the hallway. It's dark and quiet. No gibbering or movement can be heard. You went along quickly, but carefully and quietly (well for a dwarf, not a halfling ;) ) but saw no one. Phanstern is being lean with the lantern to ensure you don't give yourselves away. Though everyone is happy to be inside, you feel it's an ill-omen leaving Karraway, and parts of Blodgett and Elwita's life essence behind.

Map: viewtopic.php?p=10643#p10643 . I figured you'd prudently stop about 10 - 15' from that door. What's next?

HPs: Elwita - 33/50; Ogre - 17/45; Delgath - 25/25; Karraway - 31/42; Blodgett - 16/20 ; Freda - 39/40; Phanstern - 25/25; Eljayess - 16/25; Kayen - 25/25
WIH: Elwita: war hammer, shield; Ogre: Long sword (20' radius light), shield; Delgath: Staff; Karraway: mace, shield; Blodgett: short sword; Freda: long sword, shield; Phanstern: dagger, lantern; Eljayess: Spear, shield; Kayen: long sword, shield
MO: Blodgett, Elwita, Freda, Ogre, Eljayess, Phanstern, Delgath, Kayen, Karraway
Consumables: Bullseye Lantern (Phanstern) - (3 hours, 55 minutes left) 80' radius, 10' wide beam; Torch (none lit, 60 minutes), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Delgath 1-4/4, 2-2/2, 3-1/1: Karraway: 1-5/5, 2-5/5, 3-2/2: Phanstern: 1-4/4, 2-2/2, 3-1/1; Eljayess: 1-3/4, 2-3/3; Kayen: 1-3/3, 2-2/2
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#98 Post by dmw71 »

rredmond wrote:Map: viewtopic.php?p=10643#p10643 . I figured you'd prudently stop about 10 - 15' from that door. What's next?
ooc: Just to be clear, are we talking about stopping just before the door at the end of the west corridor, which will lead north, or the door around the bed at the end of the north-south hallway leading into room 3?
-- Project --
-- DM --

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#99 Post by rredmond »

dmw71 wrote:
rredmond wrote:Map: viewtopic.php?p=10643#p10643 . I figured you'd prudently stop about 10 - 15' from that door. What's next?
ooc: Just to be clear, are we talking about stopping just before the door at the end of the west corridor, which will lead north, or the door around the bed at the end of the north-south hallway leading into room 3?
Great question, yes, sorry. I assumed you went all the way around to room 3, and stopped short of that door. Though we can change that.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#100 Post by dmw71 »

rredmond wrote:Great question, yes, sorry. I assumed you went all the way around to room 3, and stopped short of that door. Though we can change that.
ooc: No need to change anything as that's where I was hoping we'd be. :D
-- Project --
-- DM --

Return to “Slave Pits of the Undercity”