Re: The Golden Tooth Tavern

#621 Post by Karaunios »

Is there no one in the tavern??

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#622 Post by onlyme »

Halfpint enters the inn to have her dinner and discuss her upcoming adventures.
She spies the stranger talking with the bartender and offers to buy him a mug of beer.
I'm Halfpint, and you are?
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#623 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Baldorar wrote:Is there no one in the tavern??
Most characters are out adventuring currently. Olaf, Halfpint, and Eric are in town. Maybe another character too. Not sure. But Olaf had headed to the dwarf settlement and Eric was going West, iirc.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#624 Post by Marullus »

I updated the Rogues Gallery thread (the first post tracks current status). The town comes in waves, because people go out in batches for expeditions. The following PCs are currently in town and presumed active:
  • Delywen Haealith -- Male Elf -- Alethan -- 04 Sept 2021
  • Earc -- Male Human -- Alethan -- 04 Aug 2021
  • Grizzly Woman -- Female Human -- Starbeard -- 19 August 2021
  • Gundri Gundrudson -- Male Dwarf -- Enoch -- 19 August 2021
  • Halfpint - Female Halfling - OnlyMe -- 04 Sept 2021
  • Olaf Olafssonsson -- Male Dwarf -- Zhym -- 04 Sept 2021

Everyone on the Scatha's Lair expedition should be back shortly (within the RL week, I hope) as well. That will give more to interact with.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#625 Post by Zhym »

We should also have an area set up for low-level adventures before too long.

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#626 Post by Karaunios »

Anforthas turns as he hears the Halfing's voice. With a weak smile he shakes her hand and says Well met. I'm Anforthas I just arrived in town. Looking at her he adds: You don't look like the average commoner, but rather like the adventuring type... What is it you're doing here? Could it be I came to the right place?

Thanks for the help everyone!

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#627 Post by onlyme »

She smiles.

Well, I cant say I'm not that common around here. All sorts of folks come through with amazing tales. I saw a dragon just a month or so back. Some folks even went to kill it once it was wounded.
I just got handed an assignment from the archduke himself to stake out and settle some land a few miles up the road. If you are looking to get your feet wet in some adventuring yourself, cant say it wouldn't be a fun trip. There is probably some gold and gems hiding within. Most other places we've been around here has had enough of it.
What skills do you bring, if you dont mind me asking?
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#628 Post by Karaunios »

Anforthas opens his eyes (slightly) wide in surprise: A dragon? So this place looks dangerous indeed. Then, thinking about Halfpint's proposal he adds Well, founding new settlements for people looking for new lands to feed their families seems like a good goal. I'm all in... And, answering to your questions, I was a mercenary in the land of the Khalorrim, so I've been serving as a soldier my whole life, I even lead a small troop of horsemen within the tropp... For a while. So I'm also have some knowledge with taking care of animals. What about you? Where are you from? And why 'Halfpint'? He asks with a tone of curiosity in his voice.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#629 Post by onlyme »

Baldorar wrote: What about you? Where are you from? And why 'Halfpint'?[/dialog]

Halfpint answers in turn.

I hail from the faerie lands about 100 leagues south or so. I too love animals, especially horses. Oh, and Halfpint should be obvious I would think. I was a head taller than my sister Gill.
She then remembers...
Oh, and your skills sound exactly what we might need up there. We split things pretty evenly, so your pay is a lot about luck and what we find. Welcome.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#630 Post by onlyme »

Halfpint looks around for any other adventurers she might know to see who would be up for the quick recon trek.
She doesnt want to announce that she failed to attract even the few halflings who should have jumped at the chance. She also needs to see who will come before she attempts one final plea to bring in a healer of some sort.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#631 Post by Alethan »

Lord Earc enters the tavern and attempts to dust off his cloak. A fine powder of rock dust brushes off onto the floor, drawing a sour look from the barkeep.

He spots Halfpint, smiles, and heads her way, passing by the barkeep to order a bottle of southron wine and good meals for him, Halfpint, and the stranger sitting with her.

(OOC: Deducting 2gp 5sp)

He sits down at their table and makes his acquaintance. "You're new around here, aren't you," he asks the former mercenary. "I'm Earc. Or... Lord Earc, as of recent. I own Toll's Tower, which is on the river, just north of the Frogmorton Ford. I'm also the new landlord of the old kobold tower, located east and north of Beith's Watch. Halfpint and I just recently finished clearing the goblins from the old dwarven tower you might have seen on your way to Gaul after coming through the pass. That is how we've earned our recent lands, as it were."

He turns to the smaller halfling and continues, "So... I hear you're wanting to explore your new lands? Maybe establish something up by Amistad's new lumber mill? I have plans on making Toll's Tower more of a... storefront, if you will, where I can sell Toll's Growth potion to the good people of Gaul and maybe conduct some research during my down time. So I have an interest in exploring this area, as well, to ensure the safety of my tower. I'm happy to join, if you're planning on leaving soon. If we've no one else to join us (I'd have thought the Frogmorton halflings would join us...), then maybe we could try to hire a healer from the Chapel of Baudh to join us? Florin has done well adventuring with us, so maybe he wouldn't be adverse to such things. And I might try speaking with the Frogmorton's myself, to see if I can get some of the younger ones to join us, if that is OK with you."
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#632 Post by onlyme »

Halfpint nods enthusiastically.

Yes, those ideas are splendid. I don't understand their refusal. I must not have come across well in my description of the journey.
And, I hope we can leave as soon as possible.

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#633 Post by Karaunios »

Anforthas listens to the conversation with attention and begins to answer their new acquaintances. Firstly, he says to Halfpint: Well, I just had to take care of the horses, and I can say they're really smart animals. More than most people would think. Anyway, I'm interested in your offer so, having heard what you just said I'll tell you that I'm all in for whatever place that needs any help fighting off evil beasts. I'm here to help, but I just arrived so I don't know much about the town or the environs, so, of all the places you've told me about, melord he says in turn to Lord Earc, I know nothing! Besides, the former mercenary shakes Lord Earc's hand and tells him about himself (pretty much the same story he told Halfpint). He finally adds: Well, then! I'm ready whenever you are.

I forgot to pay for that beer. I liked the way Alethan did it, so... 1cp for the watery ale.

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#634 Post by Karaunios »

Is there any thread where this resumes? I'm at a lost. I lookd around the campaing boards and seen like three or four different threads which look like the adventure thread or planning or whatever and don't know where I have to answer :lol: :oops:

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#635 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

viewtopic.php?f=353&t=7915

Individual adventure forums are on the main North Marches page, under the Location threads (and your private forum link). Have fun with the centaurs and pixies! :)

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#636 Post by Marullus »

Baldorar wrote:Is there any thread where this resumes?
That's the Rogues Gallery.

ETA:
:oops:
I thought that said, "is there a thread with re-su-mays"
Not meaning "where this continues."
Please ignore this post.
:?
Last edited by Marullus on Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: DM is stupid.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#637 Post by Zhym »

The huge, man-shaped thing called "Lug" struts into the tavern. He's wearing a set of plate mail that's the color of burning embers. A huge, wavy sword is strapped to his back.

"A pint of your best ale for the dragonslayer!" he calls to Hyde. "That'd be me," he explains. "Aw, heck. Why settle for a pint? A keg, Hyde, for everyone here! On me! Heck—make it two!" In a more conversational voice, he adds, "I'll be in town a while, so I'll need a room and your best meals, please." He counts out thirty gold coins and sets them on the bar.

After the ale is opened, he makes his way to Halfpint's table. The nearly 7'-tall man towers over the halfling, so he looks for a chair that will hold his weight. So many chairs have fallen in the line of duty under Lug.

"Hi! I heard you're looking for people to go into the woods. I love the woods! I made a really good friend there once! Well, not in this woods. Other woods. It's kind of a long story. Anyway, can I come with you?"

Buying the house a couple of kegs: 2.2 gp
38 nights single-room accommodations (1sp/night): 3.8 gp
39 days of good meals (5 sp/day): 19.5 gp
Total: 25.5 gp + 4.5 gp tip = 30 gp deducted.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#638 Post by onlyme »

Halfpint graciously accepts his offer and congratulates him on killing the dragon.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#639 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Bremen finds Piers in the tavern and pulls him aside. If you don't mind, I would appreciate a word in private.

Once they are seated together, Lord Commander Bremen speaks quietly to the cleric. As Lord Commander of the White Tower, I am always looking for the best of the best. If I may, Father Clauson and I recognized you capable and resourceful man during our recent foray, proving yourself as a priest of Baudh, a healer, and a man of wit - with your consistent attempts to recruit the goblins.

I would ask that you make the White Tower your home while in the northlands, serving my Knights of Baudhil, and the small folk and merchants of our community in your down time. Your life would be your own, and in exchange I would take yoir services into consideration if you ever need a knights on your adventures.

Bremen continues without pause, but now grows even quieter
At the risk of being too forward, I wonder if you are willing to part with the Smithing Hammer of the Dwarfs. When I took command of the White Tower, I recovered several artifacts of clerical nature. One item might interest you, in particular.

In exchange for the Hammer and moving to the White Tower, I would give you The Life-work of Cafreya the All-Seeing.
PM sent to explain further.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#640 Post by onlyme »

Halfpint walks up to Bremen and when he is free and offers a quiet word, curtsying as she speaks.

Greetings Lord Bremen. I am happy you have returned successfully from your quest. And especially that you can show your face in public here again. Oh, that awful mess with that disgusting fellow. I am so tickled it must be resolved.

As you may have heard, we are to be neighbors. I look forward to working with you as we tame the river's wild boundaries we share... Say, I have been commissioned to lead a group to investigate the forest. If you have nothing pressing, I'd be delighted if you joined us. You may find it very useful as you grow the lands near that pretty white tower of yours. And, it should only take a week or so.

Return to “(IC) Settlement - Gaul”