OCC

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: OCC

#81 Post by badams30 »

Dram wrote:I love it here in Michigan. I got fishing all around me. Great hunting deer, turkey, and small game. Great weather.
I sure miss it. Good outdoor sports here, but it gets so damn hot. And I never had to worry about stuff in Lake Huron trying to eat me.

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#82 Post by greyarea »

badams30 wrote:
Dram wrote:I love it here in Michigan. I got fishing all around me. Great hunting deer, turkey, and small game. Great weather.
I sure miss it. Good outdoor sports here, but it gets so damn hot. And I never had to worry about stuff in Lake Huron trying to eat me.
Didn't you have to worry about going to far south and ending up on 8 Mile?

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#83 Post by badams30 »

Ha! Actually I lived on 13 Mile when I lived near Detroit. Not quite as impressive as 8 Mile, for sure.

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#84 Post by spanningtree »

I used to fish a lot back in Montana: most kinds of trout, some bass, crappie, sun fish, cat fish and carp if you were not lucky (though I have met folks that can smoke carp into a delicacy). Mountain lakes and river fishing mostly (camping and all that). Then I moved to Cali and we used to fish the local streams for stocked rainbow trout and the lakes for the same plus bass/crappie (CA is resource pour to say the least, everything natural is either gone or endangered, stocked is reality = small typically). Anyway, you guys mentioned steelhead. I don't think we had that in Montana (nothing I remember anyway) and in Cali it was a strange kind of trout that was seasonal, it made it's way from the ocean up streams to breed (like salmon). Super endangered. Catch and release only and you were supposed to report you actually caught one. Is that the same fish? I never did any fishing in Cali where the river/stream had direct ocean access so I have never seen one but I remember reading the details of my license booklet thinking hmmm... what the heck is that.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#85 Post by badams30 »

When I was in high school almost all my friends folks had boats, and we'd go out on Lake Huron for steelhead - lake trout, whitefish, salmon, yellow perch, walleye, you name it. I used to hunt on some property with a large stream that ran through it, and they had all these beautiful trout and crappie, man, I miss all that stuff. I mainly fish for catfish now that I live down here, but since I've had our 55 kids, I don't have the time to fish much anymore. I was happier with the seasons back home in MI.
Last edited by badams30 on Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#86 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Forgot as a 8th level Ranger I get one 1st level druid spell... so I took Pass Without Trace
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#87 Post by spanningtree »

Please excuse the lack of posting folks: my b-day this weekend (I'm 45 now) and my son had three other b-day parties to attend (as summer approaches everyone is squeezing in parties). Plus, we had some other events land. All I can say is that my brother (bless his heart) sent me a small drone as a present (can't wait to play with it!!!, windy in NV this weekend for it). I'll try to get some turns out tomorrow, Monday. I am flying to San Diego late Tuesday and will not return home until late May 6th for training. I will try to keep the adventure up during that period but please understand if there is some slow down though. Thanks!

Mant72
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#88 Post by Mant72 »

Happy Birthday! Enjoy yourself! :D

Craigers07
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#89 Post by Craigers07 »

Happy Birthday! :)

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#90 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Happy Birthday. :)
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#91 Post by badams30 »

spanningtree wrote:Please excuse the lack of posting folks: my b-day this weekend (I'm 45 now) and my son had three other b-day parties to attend (as summer approaches everyone is squeezing in parties). Plus, we had some other events land. All I can say is that my brother (bless his heart) sent me a small drone as a present (can't wait to play with it!!!, windy in NV this weekend for it). I'll try to get some turns out tomorrow, Monday. I am flying to San Diego late Tuesday and will not return home until late May 6th for training. I will try to keep the adventure up during that period but please understand if there is some slow down though. Thanks!
Happy B-Day! I can relate - we had two parties this weekend, and a whole bunch coming up in the next 3-4 weeks. Have fun with the drone. I don't have the hand-eye coordination to fly one, I'd crash one in a heartbeat.

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#92 Post by greyarea »

Happy birthday, Spanningtree.

tumblingdice
Ranger
Ranger

#93 Post by tumblingdice »

Happy birthday, Joe! I'm jealous of your drone, though I'd probably crash it as well. Today's my younger daughter's 2nd birthday. She marked the occasion by rubbing peanut butter in her hair. It might be fun. Give it a try.
These are ghouls. They hang out in graveyards, they have long tongues, and they eat people.
"Oh, well, that could be helpful!"
--my five-year old daughter

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#94 Post by badams30 »

tumblingdice wrote:Happy birthday, Joe! I'm jealous of your drone, though I'd probably crash it as well. Today's my younger daughter's 2nd birthday. She marked the occasion by rubbing peanut butter in her hair. It might be fun. Give it a try.
Peanut butter? Haven't had that one yet. William poured a small bottle of maple syrup on his head a couple of weeks ago. Then he rubbed his fingers and hands in it, and all we had was baby wipes. That wasn't a lot of fun to clean up.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#95 Post by Dram »

spanningtree wrote:I used to fish a lot back in Montana: most kinds of trout, some bass, crappie, sun fish, cat fish and carp if you were not lucky (though I have met folks that can smoke carp into a delicacy). Mountain lakes and river fishing mostly (camping and all that). Then I moved to Cali and we used to fish the local streams for stocked rainbow trout and the lakes for the same plus bass/crappie (CA is resource pour to say the least, everything natural is either gone or endangered, stocked is reality = small typically). Anyway, you guys mentioned steelhead. I don't think we had that in Montana (nothing I remember anyway) and in Cali it was a strange kind of trout that was seasonal, it made it's way from the ocean up streams to breed (like salmon). Super endangered. Catch and release only and you were supposed to report you actually caught one. Is that the same fish? I never did any fishing in Cali where the river/stream had direct ocean access so I have never seen one but I remember reading the details of my license booklet thinking hmmm... what the heck is that.
Steelhead are called lake trout. When they come I to the rivers they get voracious.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#96 Post by spanningtree »

Thanks everyone! I'll let you know on the drone! :)

On the kids b-day front it's going to get brutal as the month goes on. There is a bit of a war starting on the remaining weekend days, Weird... :?

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#97 Post by Dram »

Sorry missed it Happy Bday Spanningtree
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#98 Post by greyarea »

tumblingdice wrote: Master of Dragons sounds like Charlie Brown giving directions at the Christmas play.

LOL. So is Duvli going to give us the story from Luke? ;)

tumblingdice
Ranger
Ranger

#99 Post by tumblingdice »

greyarea wrote:
tumblingdice wrote: Master of Dragons sounds like Charlie Brown giving directions at the Christmas play.

LOL. So is Duvli going to give us the story from Luke? ;)
Lights please...
These are ghouls. They hang out in graveyards, they have long tongues, and they eat people.
"Oh, well, that could be helpful!"
--my five-year old daughter

Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#100 Post by Darkmane »

Hey guys I have more to add from spying mission but can't post today, will try tomorrow or Monday

Return to “Against the Giants (1e)”