Muglaroy's Odds, Ends, Widgets and Wagons (17)

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

Muglaroy's Odds, Ends, Widgets and Wagons (17)

#1 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Thanks for giving this a try wolfpack. Or should I say, Muglaroy.

This thread is all yours. Do with it what you will.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Muglaroy's Odds and Ends, Widgets and Wagons (17)

#2 Post by wolfpack »

Standing on the corner of Lazy Trout avenue and Crusty Crab road is a what at first appears to be a very large barn with a back area potected with a large privacy fence. Upon futher review above the large double doors at the front of the building is a hand painted sign declaring

Odds, Ends, Widgets & Wagons
eveything under the sun and more

coil23
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Muglaroy's Odds, Ends, Widgets and Wagons (17)

#3 Post by coil23 »

Doubtful walks into the large barn, on the hunt for some odds and ends but curious what on earth a widget might be. Probably something that eats cats, he thinks, so that's right out. Always feeling somewhat awkward and out of his element while in town and around all of these people he looks around carefully, knowing he must look foolish. His usual traveling contact who brought him things is away this month so to town for errands it is. I'll just find someone to help me and be on my way in no time, he reassures himself.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by wolfpack »

As the young man enters the barn a bell hanging down just in fornt of the dor rings annoouncing his entrance.

He see tables stacked with good and many rows or shelves, some with items layed out neatly in order and others stacked with wooden boxes. Just about everyhting is covered with a thin layer of dust.

Within a minute a small balding old man with glasses comes waddling form behind some shelves. Wearing a leather apron and a barret he stops when he see's Doubtful, take soff his glassea nd cleans them, puts them back on, tkes them off and cleans them, and puts them back on.

Yes Yes young man what can I do for you? I am M. Muglaroy you see, and welcome to my shop.
I don't think I have seen you here before?
I have seen many folk pass through, and I am pretty good with faces.....names not so much.

He takes off his glasses, cleabs them, and puts them back on

coil23
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#5 Post by coil23 »

They call me Doubtful, sir. I have an outlying farm and I travel the area helping out with livestock. Don't get in to town much. You are open, right? I haven't come at a bad time I hope. He eyes the thin layer of dust around him.

Thankfully no one was around to see him almost hit the ceiling when that damned bell went off to announce his entrance.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by wolfpack »

Open? Yes yes.

I am open until from sun up to midnight you see.

he says as he takes off his glasses, cleans them, and puts them back on.

Livestock you say? So do you need some chicken wire? Ox yoke? bit and tack? feed bag? we have it all you see.

he takes off his glasses, cleans them, and puts them back on

coil23
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#7 Post by coil23 »

Your glasses troubling you? I used to have a spyglass that had been in my family and that lens seemed to always attract dust. Vinegar worked fairly well for me.

The items I need are regarding the livestock but nothing so obvious. I am looking for a tinderbox, five candles, and six flasks of oil. Would you have those things?

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by wolfpack »

no, no my glasses work fine you see

he says as he cleans them and puts them back on.

Tinder, candles, flasks of oil.....yes yes they are on shelf #17. Follow me.

The old man woddels a bowlegged waddle to a shelf towards the back. There he pulls a wodden box off the shelf an dput sit on the floor. Looking inside you see flasks pile don top of each other.

Furher down the shelf he moves, along the way pulling out a small wooden box, and finally arriving at a leather roll. he unravels it and picks out 5 candles.

As he comes back he opens up the box and shows you a set of flint and steel as well a a pile of dust, chared cloth, and sap infused wood.
That is 9 pieces of gold, but since you look like a nice young man I will let you have it all for 8.

coil23
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#9 Post by coil23 »

Doubtful

Why, thank you. Here is your eight gold. Let me ask you, what do you think of all that talk about the house up on the hill? I've come across two different conversations about it- is there something I should know?

Doubtful eyes the persistent eyeglass cleaning. I swear, if he rubs those things one more time I'm afraid a genie is going to come out of them and curse us.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by wolfpack »

The house on the hill? yes yes it has been abanonded for quit some time you see.

he says as he takes off his glasses cleans them and puts them back on.

Some folks say it is haunted, but I don't beleve that. The man who builkt it was a mage you see. I believe some of his magic still resides there you see.

he says as he takes off his glasses cleans them and puts them back on.

coil23
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#11 Post by coil23 »

A mage? What a wondrous thing. Know anyone who's been brave enough to go up there? I'd be too afraid.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by wolfpack »

Go up there? no, no, you see. People hear are to afraid of the ghost legends to take that venture.

he says as he takes off and cleans his glasses and put them back on.

coil23
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#13 Post by coil23 »

Well, thank you for the wares, sir, and good luck with your glasses. If I need anything else I will be back.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by wolfpack »

Yes yes come back anytime

he smiles and waves

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#15 Post by Urson »

Alec

The dwarf enters the barnlike building, looking around to get a feel for what may be there. When he meets Mulgaroy, he nods in greeting.

I am looking for a specialize piece of equipment. I'm sure that Mr. Smith could fabricate it, but I am not on good terms with him at the moment. Do you, by any chance, have a block and tackle? By preference, one with two pulleys on each end.
FA FO

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by wolfpack »

Mr Muglaroy smiles a toothy smile and takes off his glasses, cleans them and puts them back on.

Oh A dwarf nice to meet you sir!

Yes yes, block and tackle you say. Why I do have have some, I use them to sometimes pull the wagons into a tight spot for storage. Come out back.

He waves the dwarf on as he cleans his glasses and puts them bakc on.

he leads you out a back door into a fenced back area filled with a numbe rof different sized wagons. He shuffles his feet to a storage barn and taking a key (after cleaning his glasses) he unlocks it and goes inside.

You step to the door way and see inside a numbe rof tools, and anvil, and other assorted items.

Walking into the back corner he strains and lifts up block and tackles make of hammered iron and attached by a thick rope.

Yes yes I have them, they were smithed by one of my sons. So they are not easy to come by you see.

he narrows his eyes a bit, takes off his glasses, cleans them, and puts them back on.

18 pieces of gold for tackles and rope.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#17 Post by Urson »

Alec examines the rig carefully. Seeing no flaw with it, he nods and counts out the 18 gold. My thanks. I may be back later- it depends what I decide I need.
FA FO

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by wolfpack »

Yes yes return and tell your friends

Muglaroy says smiling as he cleans his glasses.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#19 Post by ravenn4544 »

With some brief time on his hands before the team decides on a course of action, Ben makes a trip into the shops to find some additional arms to help his chances. Knowing that he's not the strongest of the group when it comes to hand to hand combat with other people he looks to other means.... he finds himself at Mulgaroy's, enters, and call's out to the proprietor...

"Ahoy!"

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by wolfpack »

Mr Muglaroy comes shuffling out form behind a large stack of boxes.

yes, yes hello there youngster, what can I help you with?

he asks as he removes his glasse aand cleans them

Return to “U1 The Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh (1e)”