Prologue

Xaxyx
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: Prologue

#221 Post by Xaxyx »

Right, then! Operating under the auspices that there is in fact some sort of spider-like monstrosity lurking in the tower that seems to have taken a chunk out of Quoros, Ausus will continue his charge, brandishing his recently drawn two-handed sword. Assuming there's sufficient room for him to maneuver, he'll let out a guttural battle cry, and deliver a downward, overhead slash at whatever sort of creature he finds in there that's attacking his companions.

Attack (spider?): [1d20+1] = 9+1 = 10 to-hit

OOC: I didn't roll damage because I didn't know if it's medium or large-sized; but I don't think it'll matter anyhow...

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#222 Post by dmw71 »

Omega1143 wrote:My fault! I keep getting you mixed up with the motherboard and video card manufacturer being a computer dork and all!
Every time I saw the name typed out that way, that's what I thought of as well. :lol:
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Omega1143
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#223 Post by Omega1143 »

Prologue 1.2 (Adventuring)
579 CY, Goodmonth 10 (11:21pm)
40h/28l, 5mph

As Ausus rushes to the tower entryway he finds Karl's back to him slashing at a large 6' in diameter spider. Karl is blocking the entryway. (He never posted when he attacked if he was moving into the tower's right or left as Gandrel did)

The only way to make it into the tower to engage the enemy would be to shoulder blast Karl and knock him out of the way. You may change your action if desired.

HP: Castian - 2/2 ; Ausus - 3/3 ; Quoros - -5/4 ; Karalquint - 3/3 ; Gandrel - 4/4
WIH: Castian – Quarterstaff/Torch ; Ausus – T.H. Sword/T.H. Sword ; Quoros – F. Mace/M. Shield ; Karalquint – L. Sword/M. Shield ; Gandrel – L.Sword/Free
MO: Co,G,Q,A,C,K 5'
Consumables: Torch – .50 hour
Spells: Castian - 1: 0/1 Sleepx1 ; Quoros - 1: 3/3 CLWx3 ; Gandrel - 1: 1/1 Color Sprayx1

Xaxyx
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#224 Post by Xaxyx »

Ausus will merely skid to a halt and gawk in awe at the hideous creature. He'll make his way inside and attack the moment there's space.

"Make some room!" he says.

Omega1143
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#225 Post by Omega1143 »

40h/28l, 5mph

Ausus will be treated as a delayed action. Feel free to chime in anytime before the end of the round and I will give you your action. If I haven't heard from you I will check with you one more time after Karl's second attack and before round 3 starts.

Gandrel is now on the clock.

HP: Castian - 2/2 ; Ausus - 3/3 ; Quoros - -5/4 ; Karalquint - 3/3 ; Gandrel - 4/4
WIH: Castian – Quarterstaff/Torch ; Ausus – T.H. Sword/T.H. Sword ; Quoros – F. Mace/M. Shield ; Karalquint – L. Sword/M. Shield ; Gandrel – L.Sword/Free
Spells: Castian - 1: 0/1 Sleepx1 ; Quoros - 1: 3/3 CLWx3 ; Gandrel - 1: 1/1 Color Sprayx1

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#226 Post by saalaria »

Gandrel swings a mighty blow with his sword:

Longsword Action [1d20+1] = 8+1 = 9 Dam [1d8] = 6

Yoicks I guess thats nots doing much

Can he also make any room for Ausus or is it all down to Karl?

Omega1143
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#227 Post by Omega1143 »

40h/28l, 5mph

Gandrel misses wildly, irritating the arachnid and drawing it's attention. The spider draws back and then lunges forward at the thief with a mandible bite, however Gandrel saw it coming and dodged gracefully.

In the meantime Cole, seeing no opening due to the logjam at the tower, runs over to Castien where Quoro's lay. Setting his longsword and shield on the stone floor he reaches into a pouch on the right side of his waist and retrieves a small stoppered vial of clear liquid. Instructing the mage to prop Quoros against the wall, he carefully uncorks the glass tube. Placing one hand behind the dwarf's head he continues to instruct Castien to now pry the Quoros' mouth open. Cole then pours the entire contents of the vial into the cleric's mouth. (The dwarf gains 4 hp's but is still unconsious and bleeding)

Karl takes his second swing at the spider and misses.

Ausus - you may attempt your delayed action or defer to begin round 3. If I do not hear back in a few I will assume you defer.

Gandrel can move only to his right as a side step prior to round 3 beginning as Karl still blocks the entryway as per the combat map.

HP: Castian - 2/2 ; Ausus - 3/3 ; Quoros - -1/4 ; Karalquint - 3/3 ; Gandrel - 4/4

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#228 Post by dmw71 »

Omega1143 wrote:In the meantime Cole, seeing no opening due to the logjam at the tower, runs over to Castien where Quoro's lay. Setting his longsword and shield on the stone floor he reaches into a pouch on the right side of his waist and retrieves a small stoppered vial of clear liquid. Instructing the mage to prop Quoros against the wall, he carefully uncorks the glass tube. Placing one hand behind the dwarf's head he continues to instruct Castien to now pry the Quoros' mouth open. Cole then pours the entire contents of the vial into the cleric's mouth. (The dwarf gains 4 hp's but is still unconsious and bleeding)
Castien is thankful for Cole's intervention when it came to the treatment of Quoros. While Castien is knowledgeable of many things, healing and the care of injured is not one of them. His actions, to pull Quoros from the fray, was reactionary and, left to his own devices, he is unsure how capable he would have been in providing much help.

"I've got him now," Castien says to Cole. "I'm sure the others are more in need of your help."
-- Project --
-- DM --

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#229 Post by Alethan »

Quoros is thankful for Cole's intervention!

Not so happy about getting two-hitted, though. :(
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Xaxyx
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#230 Post by Xaxyx »

Assuming Karl still doesn't step aside, Ausus will indeed have no option but to defer.

Omega1143
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#232 Post by Omega1143 »

579 CY, Goodmonth 10 (11:22pm)
40h/28l, 5mph

Ausus will have to defer as Karl can only make a second attack as per weapon specialization and not take another action. Karl can attempt to move and attack next round. His second swing he already rolled for misses the spider. Everyone roll initiative.

HP: Castian - 2/2 ; Ausus - 3/3 ; Quoros - -1/4 ; Karalquint - 3/3 ; Gandrel - 4/4

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#233 Post by dmw71 »

Omega1143 wrote:Everyone roll initiative.
Initiative | No Spell: [1d10] = 1
Castien will remain with Quoros even though he appears to have been stabilized. He brings his staff to hand. "Just in case," he thinks to himself. "Heaven help us, Quoros, if that spider somehow escapes that tower, though."
-- Project --
-- DM --

Xaxyx
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#234 Post by Xaxyx »

Initiative: [1d10] = 1

Ausus will delay his initiative until after Karl moves aside.

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#235 Post by saalaria »

Gandrels intention is to step back out of combat to allow the fighters in - without exposing himself to a free attack...but I guess he is going later in the round:

Modified Initiative [1d10-2] = 9-2 = 7

Omega1143
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#236 Post by Omega1143 »

40h/28l, 5mph

Just awaiting Karl's initiative then we will get the round underway.

Spider = 10
Cole = 2

Omega1143
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#238 Post by Omega1143 »

40h/28l, 5mph

Cole glances over toward the tower and continues to witness a blitzkrieg by the party's fighters. Making a decision he raises his head still kneeling next to Quoros. Removing his gloves and setting them aside he places both hands on the large wound that the dwarf incurred. In a monotonous tone, Cole begins to chant.

"Un plurum, lanoint lanah, de un ra iem plurum, Heironeous."

The warrior's voice fades off and his eyes reopen to reveal a trance-like state with a stare as dark and cold as ice. This stare is directed right at Castien and lasts what seems to be eons. The hair on the back of the magi's neck stands on end as he feels he is staring right into an abyss of sorts. Then as quick as it came, the possession in Cole was gone.

Once again maintaining the serious tone Castien was accustomed to, Cole calmly places his gloves back on and grabs his sword and shield. Rising up to his feet he looks down at the mage and gives a huge grin.

"Let's Hunt..."

Quoros gains 4 HP's and is conscious but groggy. He will be able to participate next round. The remaining initiative is as follows:

Karl, Ausus (deferred), Gandrel, Spider

I assumed Castian was staying put by your post. Feel free to treat this round as deferred and chime in if you want an action prior to it's completion.

Karl is on the clock.

HP: Castian - 2/2 ; Ausus - 3/3 ; Quoros - 3/4 ; Karalquint - 3/3 ; Gandrel - 4/4

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#239 Post by Nuke66 »

Karl hacks again, hoping for a better result.

[1d20+2] = 11+2 = 13 to hit

[1d8+2] = 1+2 = 3 damage

I assumed a medium size, but if it is large....

[1d12+2] = 2+2 = 4 damage for large.

roller hates me
Last edited by Nuke66 on Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#240 Post by dmw71 »

Omega1143 wrote:In a monotonous tone, Cole begins to chant.

"Un plurum, lanoint lanah, de un ra iem plurum, Heironeous."

The warrior's voice fades off and his eyes reopen to reveal a trance-like state with a stare as dark and cold as ice. This stare is directed right at Castien and lasts what seems to be eons. The hair on the back of the magi's neck stands on end as he feels he is staring right into an abyss of sorts. Then as quick as it came, the possession in Cole was gone.

Once again maintaining the serious tone Castien was accustomed to, Cole calmly places his gloves back on and grabs his sword and shield. Rising up to his feet he looks down at the mage and gives a huge grin.

"Let's Hunt..."
"Where did that come from?" Castien mutters, still in disbelief. "What happened to the 'I do not like magic nor do I trust it' guy?"
I assumed Castian was staying put by your post. Feel free to treat this round as deferred and chime in if you want an action prior to it's completion.
Castien places a hand on the shoulder of the now-conscious Quoros. "Easy, friend. You'll be fine." he says in a comforting tone. "You gave us a bit of a scare there." ooc: Castien still defers.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Return to “Tavern Tales”