Vault Maintenace Log (side thing for fun)

Fulci
Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Vault Maintenace Log (side thing for fun)

#1 Post by Rukellian »

Vault-Tec Systems - Facility 14 Termlink
======================================================
<User Login- Lawrence>

ENTRY 2/5/2077

Mr. Rokossovksy had me do the weekly water purification check up today. Of course, I couldn't do it during the day, sleep is kind of a priority. Sometimes I think he forgets I work nights. *sigh* So guess what I get to do all night? I get to take a lovely stroll through the vault's sewage network! And people wonder why I can never seem to land a date.

Nothing new to report really. The settling and treatment tanks were all in working order and the pump station showed readings within the expectable parameters. The place still smelled like sh- I mean 'roses'. Yes, can't have any crude language in these reports anymore. Overseer's orders.

Speaking of orders, I need to get around to making that sign for the living quarter restrooms. Whoever is flushing all of the toilets at once needs to stop. It is creating unnecessary level of backup within the pipe system. Unless they want the place to start smelling like a compost farm, I suggest they actually take the time to read the bold print! I'll use the large sharpie this time.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Vault Maintenace Log (side thing for fun)

#2 Post by Rukellian »

<User Login- Lawrence>

ENTRY 2/6/2077

Today was my day off, and I even had plans to go and hang out with Quincy and Victoria, well, mostly Victoria, but work always seems to find its way to me. Another Pip-Boy malfunction this time. I had to spend a good couple of hours trying to figure out what was wrong with it. The person failed to tell me what they were doing during the time of the error, all I saw was a Pip-Boy on my desk and a note underneath it saying 'fix it'. Typical.

After a couple hours of exhausting the device's features and trying to recreate the bug, I found out why I wasn't getting anywhere; the bug stemmed of off an external application, Red Menace. an error in a graphics rendering routine caused a completely different section of the software to fail, the Pip-Boy was not compatible with that game, apparently. Finding the bug was the easy part, rewriting the code for the entire affected section took all day, all freaking day! Whoever dropped off that Pip-Boy, WITHOUT the game, they owe me a snack cake.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

Fulci
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: Vault Maintenace Log (side thing for fun)

#3 Post by Fulci »

<User Login- Alex Rokossovsky [OVERSEER#]>

ENTRY 3/6/2077

TO: [Night#1 Lawrence]

---GENERAL WARNING:
Lawrence, for the last time, do NOT use the Termlink for personal reflections. All personal notes should be entered into your Pip-Boy's internal memory, using the Pip-Spot or Pip-Press textual input interface AND YOU KNOW THIS. Please export all personal data unto an Empty Holodisc (requisition form #Q47/b) or onto your Pip-Boy device ASAP.
You get two days. After that, I will go through all recent entries and purge your non-work-related meanderings manually.

---TASKS FOR THE NIGHT SHIFT:
//Problem: The automatic date-stamp of the Termlink is off again.
It's the year 2117. I double-checked it on Dr. Munro's mainframe (see log attached).
//Task: Re-calibrate Termlink date-stamp. Check syncing with the mainframe.

---OTHER ISSUES:
Large sharpies may be requested using the form #B19/a. You are authorized to use the URGENT stamp on this one, 'cause those pipes STINK.

---ATTACHMENTS:
/1 date log from Dr. Munro

---ADVERTISEMENT:
There is no Tec like Vault-Tec!
G A M E S :
Running Vaults & Wastelands [Fallout]
Isaiah Bartlett in That Which Should Not Be [CoC]
Ingrid Esthof in The Horror at Briarsgate [1e]
Jónas Gillman in The Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh [1e]

I N A C T I V E : (
Ballar Uh in Dungeonesque [LL/AEC]
Favrick in The Rise of Smaug [BW]